Danish parliament bans the wearing of face veils in public

webfact

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What a lame description. Anyway, another one from the past.......How about Batman?

batman.jpg

Again you have just proven my point, Batman is not a nice person.

Here's what Reginald D Hunter has to say about Batman.

“I don’t respect the concept of Batman because of what i understand about politics and that.
I’m going to lay it out for you, Rich dude owns a corporation, has state of the art equipment and he uses this to beat up on street level crime. He doesn’t mess with the industrialists or the super capitalists, the Murdock or the Trumps he’d rather just <deleted> with the purse snatchers on the corner! Batman is a conservatives wet dream! <deleted> batman!”

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What a lame description. Anyway, another one from the past.......How about Batman?

batman.jpg

Valid point, but these ARE fictional characters. I grew up with the Lone Ranger and Batman, loved 'em both, but they are not reality. We live in a world where you must show your face. If Islam can't conform, it does not need to walk among us.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, genericptr said:

Do some searches on YouTube. You can find preachers (forget the proper name in Islam, emam?) which are UK born natives speaking English that will explain exactly why they believe women should be covered. There's a debate whether a full face cover is required by Allah but it's all documented in the Koran and supported by good theological arguments (if you're a Muslim that is).

I wouldn't go by anything a Wahabi preacher in the UK says. I go by the practice in Saudi. If they don't make women wear a veil, it's definitely not required. We had female Drs that didn't wear veils.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SABloke said:

Actually, her sob story of not being able to go to school is nonsense. Her religion does not technically ban her from going to these activities without a niqab; Her husband and the religious sect he's part of, does.

You can amend that to "Her religion does not ban her from going to these activities without a niqab".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wouldn't go by anything a Wahabi preacher in the UK says. I go by the practice in Saudi. If they don't make women wear a veil, it's definitely not required. We had female Drs that didn't wear veils.

There is indeed a debate to be had but 100% of the people who wear the Burka are Muslims right? What do the people who wear the Burka say themselves? Do they say it has nothing to do with their religion?

2 minutes ago, genericptr said:

There is indeed a debate to be had but 100% of the people who wear the Burka are Muslims right? What do the people who wear the Burka say themselves? Do they say it has nothing to do with their religion?

You have it wrong. Women in countries which happen to be Islamic wear veils, but they would do that even if Muhamed had never lived and they worshipped the sun god. 

If it were mandated, women in Indonesia and Malaysia would wear them and they don't. It was never a cultural dress Requirement in those countries. 

Anyway, it's irrelevant, as it's up to the laws of the country they live in whether they can wear veils or not. Secular law takes precedence over religious practice.

It's customary in some Islamic countries for girls to be genitally mutilated, but I presume you are not advocating that that should be allowed in western countries. 

Muslim women I know have no desire to wear a veil, and in some cases do not wear a head scarf either, as it's not compulsory.

Is it not up to the ‘man of the house’ who is treated as a more supreme being and the women, as mere property or have I got that wrong????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Is it not up to the ‘man of the house’ who is treated as a more supreme being and the women, as mere property or have I got that wrong????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have it wrong. In Saudi, women voluntarily wear the things, and even wear 2 layers so no man can look on their face. They also wear gloves so no man can see their skin.

It might be a shock to you, but not all Muslim men are fanatics about controlling their women, and some of them have perfectly "normal" marriages, and even love their female family members.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have it wrong. In Saudi, women voluntarily wear the things, and even wear 2 layers so no man can look on their face. They also wear gloves so no man can see their skin.

It might be a shock to you, but not all Muslim men are fanatics about controlling their women, and some of them have perfectly "normal" marriages, and even love their female family members.

Unlike many of the unruly women we have in the West, Muslim women know to keep themselves in check. As much as I dislike Islam there are SOME respectable practices and values in that religion.

Edited by Rigby40
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm (almost) at a loss for words!

Presumably you have a problem with "unruly women we have in the West", and prefer they behave quietly and subserviently - as is usual for  most Moslem women?

Do you also feel that Western and Moslem men should behave as demurely/wear veils etc.?  After all, the good-looking males may arouse erotic passions amongst the female gender!

Anyway, this is off-topic and, personally, I applaud Denmark.

The reason why Islam is never going to be stopped and will continue to grow is because of the respect for gender roles(specifically the role of women). Muslim women LOVE and embrace their femininity and roles as women in the family and community. Most women prefer such gender roles and all I'm suggesting is that we get back to that in the West.

Men and women aren't the same, we play different roles in the world so why would men wear veils?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

In other words, you prefer the stereotypes and have no time for women that don't conform to your ideal.

It will come as a horrible suprise to you to learn that many women are very intelligent, and can see the hypocrisy in your 'argument' ?.  I've no doubt that most men can also see the hypocrisy.

But I suspect you are instigating an argument ( I wouldn't dare suggest you are trolling.... as this is far from encouraged on TV).

You may (possibly - ha ha) be horrified by the Danish parliament decision to ban the wearing of face veils in public - so argue this point, as it's the topic.

Funnily enough most women around the world prefer those stereotypes too ? Muslim women, from the second largest religion in the world(fastest growing too) would beg to differ with the white knights here.

Who said anything about intelligence? Are you sure you have the right argument?

There's nothing hypocritical about my position. But if you think there is I'd be happy to clear that up for you.

Just now, GOLDBUGGY said:

In my personal opinion, your whole view and idea about Muslim Women is hypocritical. You have no idea! What respectibility is there is keeping these women no less than a prisoner? Of depriving a person of basic human rights? Of keeping them under lock and key? 

You argument and biggest point seems to be that Muslim Women love and embrace this kind of treatment. Where on Earth would you get a crazy idea like that? Would you like to be held captive? Many Muslim Women conform to the Dress Code and Culturial Rules simply because they don't have any other choice. 

I recall a serious conversation I had once wth a Young Saudi Trainee. I asked him what he would do if his sister refused to wear the veil and walked around open faced. Without a second of hesitation he told me he would kill her. I thought he was joking but I soon saw he wasn''t. He told me that I don't understand. That him being the oldest male member in the family it was his duty to uphold the family honor and kill her. I don't know today if he really would have or not. But if I was his sister and he told me this, I would beleive him. 

In Saudi Arabia, girls are segregated from boys from there time of birth. Other than male members in her family like her father or brother. She is not allowed to go anywhere in public alone and without a male member of her family being with her at all times. She must conform to the dress code foe women there and also wear a veil. By age 9 she is not allowed to swim with her father in a public swimming pool, and now must swim with women when it is there turn to have the pool alone. She can not travel anywhere without her father's permission, or husbands if she is married. All these rules are strictly upheld. She can, and most likely would, be killed by her father or brother is she chooses to disobey them.

The big news out of Saudi Arabia right now is whether women should be allowed to drive cars or not. It should become law by this summer. I applaud Saudi Arabia for doing this. But imagine that. Allowing women to be able to drive a car legally in this day and age. But then they will still need there fathers or husbands permission to be able to get a license. 

So my rebuttle to your argument is that Muslime Women, or any other woman for that matter, does not like to be held captive and held a prisoner by there fathers, brothers, or husbands.     .    

Don't take my respect for SOME of their values and practices as pro-Islam. As I've mentioned before I dislike Islam and if I truly valued the religion as a whole I'd be a muslim! But I don't because many of their practices go against the non-agresion principle.

And yes, PHYSICALLY FORCING women to adhere to such rules is not acceptable. But that's not always the case. Boy now I'm sounding like a liberal c*ck for Islam ha! Really I'm not defending the religion. The core of my argument is that women naturally prefer a submissive role to a dominant male. We've been lied to about this in the West but you soon learn otherwise when you take step outside your bubble. Some men will figure this out and some well, will continue to be disrespected and used by women oh well, I digress.

Thinking that the women of Islam have no other choice and just continue to follow the practices because of their big bad mean husbands is a huge misunderstanding of both human nature and the religion itself. And it's a dangerous misunderstanding if you're one of those people who want reformation of the religion.

There's no need to keep bringing up husbands or brothers killing their own family members over a veil. I never argued in favor of that and it obviously goes against the non-aggression principle.

5 minutes ago, wabothai said:

On the other hand the photo could be and probably is shopped.

It is quite obviously photoshopped. Perspective, lighting and different grain structure is a dead giveaway.

• Like 1