44 foreigners arrested in ongoing tourist police crackdowns

webfact

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

The key difference here is the fact that those rounded up in this particular event do not happen to be farangs.

They are all in breach of Thai law regarding visas and working etc.

Your rant about white pensioners is irrelevant because according to Thailand's immigration visa laws, they are perfectly legal if they meet present requirements..

I don't think Thainess needs to be restored, it stares us all in the face every day. 

As for Thailand's government  doing everything it can to dismantle the sex industry, dream on. The visible sex industry most westerners are familiar with is but a fraction of the real hidden or low profile Thai version. Sex isn't going anywhere soon. Any publicized attempts are merely window dressing for the media. 

Spare me the tired 'law and order' defense. You know as well as I do that while some people crouch behind the 'law and order' banner protesting that they merely believe all immigration and criminal laws should be respected (which I agree with), there is also a sizeable contingent on the Thai News forum who use these crime and immigration violation stories as excuses to denigrate non-white visitors to the Kingdom, and attempt to validate their own racist sentiments by projecting them onto the Thai government and people.

My point was that - all things being equal regarding immigration status and non-involvement in criminal activity - the elderly retired pensioner (who I strongly suspect is well-represented on these forums if member surveys are to be believed) may not be as desirable in the eyes of the Thai government as some suppose. Those who attribute their own racist thinking to Thai people may be deluding themselves and be scarcely less welcome in the eyes of the Thai government than those who they cheer are being deported. While I agree that the majority of people on retirement visas likely have legal immigration standing and aren't likely to be involved in criminal activity, many are probably not much more desirable in terms of their per capita spending, their general comportment, and demographic profile.

It doesn't matter whether you think Thainess needs to be restored or not. What matters is the government is on this kick, and elderly sex tourists are probably not seen as contributing to cultural revival. I don't think any rational person would argue that the government hasn't successfully stigmatized the sex tourism industry in the eyes of the general Thai population. It might be worth pointing out that the government may be distinguishing between the more palatable domestic sex industry and the sex tourism industry which in their eyes sullies Thailand's image around the world. There has also been an endless drumbeat of negative media reports about foreigners killing their Thai wives, foreigners involved in love scams, foreigners being arrested for various crimes including sex crimes which has dampened the allure of places like Pattaya in the eyes of many people in the countryside. Regarding the suggestion that my demographic profile was too harsh and may have been influenced by my living in a seedy farang ghetto, guys fitting the demographic profile I described can be found all over Thailand. But rest assured that I live a content life out in the countryside, far from the maddening crowd.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Sad 1

There is a reason why Nigerians/Ugandans or citizens of certain countries etc. keep appearing in these arrest stories...and it's an obvious one. No PC BS here that tries to hide the truth as in the West. Catch them all as people who reside here legally have to jump through so many hoops and put up with such ridiculous crap whilst these bottom feeders scam-it-up...more of these scumbags they catch the better. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Songlaw said:

A few tweaks to the retirement visa program, and you could find yourself on the receiving end of the persona non grata treatment sooner than you imagine. So enjoy the gloating while it lasts. 

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Yes, I think the writing is on the wall and we can soon expect to see far more stringent requirements for permission to stay based on retirement. 

30 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

But rest assured that I live a content life out in the countryside, far from the maddening crowd.

I seem to be in the same or similar position to you then  living a content life, à¸�ลà¸�ารà¸�à¹�à¸�หารูà¸�ภาà¸�สำหรัà¸� far from the madding crowd

They should go to America. Free food, free housing, free ugly fat women and the gubmunt even helps you go to school. You don't need a visa or even a passport. Just fly to Mexico and walk across. Latch on to some of that free healthcare, find you a fat gal and you are set for life!

5 hours ago, Thian said:

Yeah he's amazing, it's like Chuck Norris came to town.

Why is there only 1 like him in whole Thailand? 

40 illegally working foreigners working in thai scools and the normal cops didn't see that happening?

Me think they only call big joke when they already arrested people. He's only there for the show...... Pai laeo naaaa.... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

They are targeting certain groups and people from certain countries, just out of the reason that they put this kind of illegal activities in regular play.

I am quite sure they check up other teachers too, but it might just be that they have thier visas and papers in order.

Targeting dark skin...  ?

6 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Xenophobia Uber Alles.  The raw racism in Thailand is approaching USA levels.

says someone who thinks he is entitled to use the Khun title in his username..... Barclays Banker along with those Ajarn twonks earning 20K Bht  a month, wearing polyester shirts and ties and Bata plastic shoes.

Edited by tolsti

2 hours ago, midzo said:

Yes, I think the writing is on the wall and we can soon expect to see far more stringent requirements for permission to stay based on retirement. 

I see this Chicken Little stuff on TV regularly. Been here 9 years, and the sky has never looked like falling.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Blacks/Africans are being targeted

Or maybe they are breaking the law so just like the Indians, Burmese, Cambodians, and loations they all get targeted. ——Because they are breaking the law lmao. 

6 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Xenophobia Uber Alles.  The raw racism in Thailand is approaching USA levels.

You’re an absolute genius. (Not) 

16 minutes ago, tolsti said:

says someone who thinks he is entitled to use the Khun title in his username..... Barclays Banker along with those Ajarn twonks earning 20K Bht  a month, wearing polyester shirts and ties and Bata plastic shoes.

Welcome to my lengthy ignore list.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Whilst I concur that there are some unappealing individuals amongst the "farang" community here, and whilst I am sure that you are an addonis like pillar of sobriety, moral rectitude and adequate wealth; might I say that I find your bigotry, arrogance and general contempt for others who fail to meet your high standards equaly unappealing.

Never mind, I'm off for a couple of beers, certain that I won't find you cruising the bars looking for a cheap shag!

Enough with the faux indignation.  I think everybody here knows full well there is a lot of truth in what I wrote. It's been described adnauseum on these forums. If you and others want to pretend the shoe-string budget, anti-social, maladjusted, overweight, refusing to learn Thai, problem drinker, uninsured with chronic medical problems guy on a retirement visa doesn't exist, knock yourselves out.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I live in the middle of know where and 4 local police turned up to check my paperwork.

And i'm white,well Thai coloured now from Aus.

You should feel safe now that's over with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

But then again, you dont get gangs of Caucasians hanging around the streets selling drugs or selling themselves as prostitutes .

Your username is ironic isn't it?

So you are telling us that there are no Caucasian prostitutes nor Caucasians who sell drugs?

What the more enlightened amongst you are trying to tell you, are that some can afford to do it behind closed doors and/or pay when there are issues. How many black people do you see running beer bars/gogo bars and such? 

So what you are seeing is are just people on the peripheral. Small time hustlers who can't afford to pay. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They've admitted to targeting blacks and racial profiling.

Picking the lowest hanging fruit, and those lowest in the food chain that cannot defend themselves.

Just a sideshow to distract the simple minded away from the real criminality rife in this country. 

i think police usually choose the easiest safest route and try to get sme money also

agree with you in that many in this group lack the resources to defend themselves although some of the african drug dealers are doing very well and could influence police or get a lawyer

to their credit the illegals in thailand are usually not a burden to the tax payers

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Your username is ironic isn't it?

So you are telling us that there are no Caucasian prostitutes nor Caucasians who sell drugs?

What the more enlightened amongst you are trying to tell you, are that some can afford to do it behind closed doors and/or pay when there are issues. How many black people do you see running beer bars/gogo bars and such? 

So what you are seeing is are just people on the peripheral. Small time hustlers who can't afford to pay. 

Can you not understand what I wrote or meant ?

I did not say that there are no Caucasians selling drugs or selling themselves .

What I said was that the Africans tend to congregate in one area, where they openly sell drugs to passers by and that is the reason why the authorities targeted that group .

I have not heard of groups of Caucasians all congregating in one area and selling drugs / themselves and if they were to do that , the authorities would clamp down on that group as well .

• Like 2