SURVEY: Do you agree with the crackdown on illegals?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with the crackdown on illegals?  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I doubt that story is true, spent a very long time in  the Middle east and North Africa -  that is not a reason to issue a fatwa, even by Sharia standards, the Koran allows people to eat during the fast to keep one's health, save their life, or the life of an unborn child.  They just need to make merit by feeding a poor person.   I would be looking for the real reason he is here, and how do they support themselves. No, sorry, I don't buy it.

Understood, I've seen a copy of the fatwa. 

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not Thai and I don't suffer from any variety of Stockholm syndrome. 
So I think it's daft for any foreigner here to put on airs that they're the "good" kind of expats that will always be protected in Thailand, and cheer lead for the Thais to go after so called others.

Leave the xenophobia to the actual citizens here! It's unseemly for foreigners to associate with that.

First they came for ...

etc. / etc. / etc.

This is up to the Thais. None of our business. Unless/until your particular flavor of foreigner comes up for negative attention. Then it's time to pack! 

I disagree with you. It is our business as well. The people disregarding the laws has an impact on those of us who abide by the laws irrespective as toy whether we agree with the laws or not. The vast majority of expats out here in Thailand do not want to be tarnished with the same brush as those who ignore the laws and think they can do as they want.

We need to understand we are no matter how long we have been here, guests in the country and should respect the laws accordingly. That is not to say we have to always agree with the laws. Back home we would all abide by the legal requirements so why shouldnt we do the same here?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

You and many others including me suspect this is a BS story, unfortunately you have people like the original poster and soft in the head Liberals who don't get that every economic migrant has his persecution story and behind them are the people who verbally attack anybody who points out holes in the "families fleeing war" propaganda as "racist"

:wai:  I have similar feelings and zero sympathy for 'economic refugees'  they should stay home and fix their own countries rather than break the laws of others.  Same with able bodies men 'War Refugees'  they should stay home and fight for their own countries.  How many Syrians, Iraqi's, Pakistani's and Afghani's are wandering around Bangkok and Pattaya - how are they supporting themselves??

• Like 2