Gang of foreign romance scammers who preyed on lonely Thai women busted by Tourist Police

rooster59

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe it's time to make it more difficult for people from certain countries to get a visa ?

Send them to the UK , they will be welcome there 

The foreign members of the gang were identified as:

Mr. Eriri Franklin, 23 from Nigeria

Mr. Pedro Da Silva, 28, from Guinea-Bissau

Mr. Marcelinus Chijioke Mbakwe, 32, from Nigeria

Mr. Ogochukwu John Obioha, 30, from Nigeria

Mr. Nnamdi Barnabas Agubosim, 32, from Nigeria

Mr. Emmanuel Kasujja, 37, from Uganda

Well, surprise surprise...imagine that. Facepalm...but the Thais let these types of questionable ilk in...so whatever.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Do I really have to explain to you, a poster with over 3.500 posts, why people under the age of fifty, who want to stay in Thailand long term and do not want to get married, are given a raw deal by the Thai government mainly because of  overstayers?

This does not make sense. How can you consider them to be overstayers if they have the proper visa. Decent people have decent proper visa. Am I right? 

Edited by Bkkthebest
Typo error
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

An old saying where I come from was never to bully any one, because there will always be some one bigger than you. Well, dear Thai ladies, meet the Nigerian Princes. You just got outscammed, somnamnaa ?

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

An old saying where I come from was never to bully any one, because there will always be some one bigger than you. Well, dear Thai ladies, meet the Nigerian Princes. You just got outscammed, somnamnaa ?

HEY, anyone who does that is scum.. Thai or Nigerian.  These women were not scammers or they would have recognised the play and not got caught. They were innocent parties just like our sucker countrymen.  Be reasonable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe it's time to make it more difficult for people from certain countries to get a visa ?

I have traveled a lot of countries in my lifetime . I have seen good and bad in every country . You should not stop  others because of some bad people . Even in my home country of Australia there are scammers .

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Do I really have to explain to you, a poster with over 3.500 posts, why people under the age of fifty, who want to stay in Thailand long term and do not want to get married, are given a raw deal by the Thai government mainly because of  overstayers?

Yes, I'd love to hear how you justify your claim that overstayers are to blame for what you see as decent people being picked on.  I`d fit into that category and have never been picked on, I just follow the rules that are in place and get my permission to stay.

20 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Lying and making someone trust and believing in you in order to gain advantages is scam. No other word. These are scams... Please tell me what word can I use? Conning? 

Use whatever word that you want to use but the circumstances that you're referring to are not scams.  If the people that you seem to be speaking on behalf of really thought they had been scammed in the general meaning of that word all they'd have to do would be to report it but not one of them has ever done that successfully, I wonder why?

A word that you may want to consider on behalf of those you're speaking for could be "naivete" or "stupidity".

36 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I'd love to hear how you justify your claim that overstayers are to blame for what you see as decent people being picked on.  I`d fit into that category and have never been picked on, I just follow the rules that are in place and get my permission to stay.

Sorry, my mistake, overstayers are not to blame for any of the visa changes in recent years, happy now?

If there were never any overstayers, the Thai government would still have made all these visa changes, especially for those who want a tourist visa. Still happy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry, my mistake, overstayers are not to blame for any of the visa changes in recent years, happy now?

If there were never any overstayers, the Thai government would still have made all these visa changes, especially for those who want a tourist visa. Still happy?

I was happy before, thanks.

Wasn't your point that "decent people were being picked on", though?  You haven't explained exactly what that meant.

Do you think that if there were no overstayers visa requirements would be abandoned or relaxed?

Edited by Just Weird

38 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I was happy before, thanks.

Wasn't your point that "decent people were being picked on", though?  You haven't explained exactly what that meant.

Do you think that if there were no overstayers visa requirements would be abandoned or relaxed?

?

11 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Exactly. "You" will never know.

Exactly what I was thinking - they targeted gold diggers willing to put a bit up front in exchange for a big gold mine. 

God didn't make lonely girls, maybe a few ugly ones, but most of them arn't vary lonely ether.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:25 PM, abrahamzvi said:

If this story is true, I really can't feel sorry for Lemonltr. I can't really imagine somebody sending 2 Million Baht to a person he doesn't know, or never met. If he was that stupid he really deserves a punishment, which he got....

Hmmm, when I read Mr. Lemon's post, it was clear to me that he was just joking.  I mean very obviously not a real story.  Yet, you take him seriously?  I'm guessing English is not your native language...and there's nothing wrong with that.  But you shouldn't be so quick to reply to that type of post because it may make you look a bit gullible. 

On 6/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

Lying and making someone trust and believing in you in order to gain advantages is scam. No other word. These are scams... Please tell me what word can I use? Conning? 

Stupidity. Egotistical. Life. 

In this day and age and with all of the stories of heartbreak of a foreign man at the hands of a Thai woman that are littered all over the interwebs, you'd be a complete idiot to fall for this sort of thing. 

Also, there is a lot of this going on from both sides. How many foreign men of a mature age come here and promise the world to some bar girl only for a lady to find out that the guy is some poor schlub from Newham. 

Common sense prevails in this life and you're going to lose when you think that you will have a high chance of a happy long-term relationship with some 22-year-old mother of 2 that you just met whose profession is to pretend to like you for a living. 

• Like 1