Before I get a yellow book does my wifes name have to be on the blue book?

We moved into a new premises 2 months ago and signed a 10 yr lease which is registered at the land office- tax paid. 

I want to get my name on the yellow book for this building. Do we first have to get the wife and baby on the blue book before I do this? Or can I take the docs and the landlord to the office and get the yellow book?

thanks

There is no requirement for your wife and child to be in the blue house book.

As long as the owner agrees for you to get the yellow house book based upon their blue house book it can be done. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Blue and Yellow books ? are mutually exclusive. 

Not quite. If you have PR, you could have a Yellow Book and be registered in the Blue Book, but generally the yellow book is for foreigners, and the blue book is for Thais.

44 minutes ago, roath said:

Not quite. If you have PR, you could have a Yellow Book and be registered in the Blue Book, but generally the yellow book is for foreigners, and the blue book is for Thais.

Is that new? AFAIK no foreigner can be registered in a blue Thai household registration.

9 minutes ago, Dario said:

Is that new? AFAIK no foreigner can be registered in a blue Thai household registration.

Not new, it is a requirement that PR's are registered in to a blue Tabien Bahn.

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Condo owners are issued a blue book but cannot be named in them.

It's a condition that those with PR have to be registered in a blue book.

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Blue and Yellow books ? are mutually exclusive. 

You don't even need to be married to obtain the Tabien Ban Leung. 

It varies from Province to Amphur.

Although the Civil Registration Act makes no conditions as to issuance of a Yellow book to a foreigner, subject to the owners permission and co-operation, some Registration officers insist you must have the equivalent of at least a Non Imm O Visa, or be married, or even own property.

That's why some foreigners find it difficult to obtain, while for others it's a cinch. 

Edited by Tanoshi

22 hours ago, Dario said:

Someone with PR can't have the book in their name, but they can be registered in the blue book as living there

Edited by roath
Grammatical error making post unclear

On 6/4/2018 at 9:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

As long as the owner agrees for you to get the yellow house book based upon their blue house book it can be done. 

Hello Ubonjoe ! I like to ask your advise on two matters..1.).How exactly I can receive a yellow housebook..?.our house is finished now wife has blue book and I want the yellow....what to bring ?  ( I guess pp w. non immigrant a-o vusa 1 yr./ the blue book / any more ?? ) and where exactly to apply ( immigration ? police ? ) and if we go to the local government office.. amphur ..which departement we need to contact ...???

2.) I want to obtain the pink id card...because I was told that the id card number equals the thai tax number..( tax number is the goal ) ..if that is right how and where I can get it...??? I am married but not w. government papers...have non immigrant a-o visa 1 yr.hopefully soon the yellow book ( if ur advise on that one works ) no criminal record whatsoever...enough money...also two thai drivers licenses 5 y. )...

thanks in advance....

17 minutes ago, free123 said:

Hello Ubonjoe ! I like to ask your advise on two matters..1.).How exactly I can receive a yellow housebook..?.our house is finished now wife has blue book and I want the yellow....what to bring ?  ( I guess pp w. non immigrant a-o vusa 1 yr./ the blue book / any more ?? ) and where exactly to apply ( immigration ? police ? ) and if we go to the local government office.. amphur ..which departement we need to contact ...???

2.) I want to obtain the pink id card...because I was told that the id card number equals the thai tax number..( tax number is the goal ) ..if that is right how and where I can get it...??? I am married but not w. government papers...have non immigrant a-o visa 1 yr.hopefully soon the yellow book ( if ur advise on that one works ) no criminal record whatsoever...enough money...also two thai drivers licenses 5 y. )...

You apply for the yellow book first and then the pink ID card at the Amphoe where your wife's blue house book is for.

Best to ask them what their requirements are for the yellow house book since it varies from one Amphoe to another.

When you get the yellow house book you are issued a ID number that can be used for a tax ID.

15 minutes ago, free123 said:

thanks in advance....

1. You go to the same Amphur that issued your wife's Blue book.

They can advise on their requirements for documentation.

2. The pink ID card for foreigners can be obtained immediately after receiving your Yellow house book at the same office.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for the yellow book first and then the pink ID card at the Amphoe where your wife's blue house book is for.

Best to ask them what their requirements are for the yellow house book since it varies from one Amphoe to another.

When you get the yellow house book you are issued a ID number that can be used for a tax ID.

Thank you very much for your quick teply...

30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

1. You go to the same Amphur that issued your wife's Blue book.

They can advise on their requirements for documentation.

2. The pink ID card for foreigners can be obtained immediately after receiving your Yellow house book at the same office.

great thank you

On 6/4/2018 at 9:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

I cant believe it but yesterday I turned up to the 830am appt time and the ladies there mentioned that they require my wife to first apply for the blue book. I called my wife to speak to them. The translation was that they need to justify why I should be on the yellow book ie I am the husband and need to support the family. 

I wonder if it is bc my wife and I both signed the registered lease and both our names are on the contract?

Its duly noted that when I walked in they were both on their phones doing LINE/ FB. I could sense that they didnt want to be disturbed. Most unfriendly in an office that was not busy....

We go there tomorrow again together...