Elephant Bar ? Where Is This ?

michaelxhermes

Elephant Bar –

Can anyone tell me anything about the Elephant bar near Thapae in Chiang Mai?

I am trying to find out the address of this bar

I cannot find anything on the web about it

Thanks

Perhaps it is not Elephant Bar that you are looking for but rather Tuskers which opened around 3-4 weeks back.

It is on Chaiyaphum, Soi 1 (which is between Miguel's and Spicy)

I haven't made it yet but I hear good things about it.

Elephant Bar –

Can anyone tell me anything about the Elephant bar near Thapae in Chiang Mai?

I am trying to find out the address of this bar

I cannot find anything on the web about it

Thanks

Its actually called the Elephant Cafe, but it is a bar.. complete with all the 'erm.. 'usual entertainment'

Location is indeed Thapae Gate - the first unit after the soi that has Shaman Books, its next to a dodgy massage parlour & not far from Aroon Rai.

its next to a dodgy massage parlour & not far from Aroon Rai.

Nothing "dodgy" about it - Unfortunately! :o

If i wanted a Thai massage, i would not go here

If i wanted to pick up a young lass who pretends to be a proper massous, then maybe...

A well known hawking spot.. :D

If i wanted to pick up a young lass who pretends to be a proper massous, then maybe...

Hawking what?

My point is that it is widely known that there are no special services at this shop. Do you know otherwise? :D

Hawking what?

My point is that it is widely known that there are no special services at this shop. Do you know otherwise? :D

U.G. - Eyes Wide Closed.. i will say no more :D

Hawking what?

Bullshit :D

I know an awful lot of expats who claim that staying completely faithful to the misses is real cinch at that shop - if you get my meaning. :o

I'm sure you are correct, but at least two folks are saying otherwise...

Edited by Ajarn

I know an awful lot of expats who claim that staying completely faithful to the misses is real cinch at that shop - if you get my meaning. :o

I'm sure you are correct, but at least two folks are saying otherwise...

Make that three... :D Just depends on how charming you are :D

U noticed the ever present gals sat outside it ? take a look at their faces.. isaan, cambodian..

Yeah, they work at a 'massage shop' but do you really think they are bona fide massours ? came all the way to CM to fulfill their lifes ambition to be a massour ? A quick instruction by the boss then its up to them...

Wake up man ! go check it out and see if you can carry on the massage back in your loom...? :D

Well it sure don't operate like Sayuri, but it sounds like maybe there have been a few, rogue masseuses over the years. :o

UG, there was a thread here in recent months discussing the same girls at the same place, with you mainly involved... Did you forget that discussion?

Well it sure don't operate like Sayuri, but it sounds like maybe there have been a few, rogue masseuses over the years. :D

UG, there was a thread here in recent months discussing the same girls at the same place, with you mainly involved... Did you forget that discussion?

i remember this discussion very well and i agree with UG. its one place with good lookin chicks outside with no special services inside. a very tricky situation. i dont know how ajarn got by with it. but you were lucky! :o

Well it sure don't operate like Sayuri, but it sounds like maybe there have been a few, rogue masseuses over the years. :D

UG has never been wrong, ever!

:o:D :D

i remember this discussion very well and i agree with UG. its one place with good lookin chicks outside with no special services inside. a very tricky situation. i dont know how ajarn got by with it. but you were lucky! :D

Skill? :o

No, I didn't forget, but because it is in such a prominent location (and SO convienient) and the girls are so cute, it is a never-ending source of interest to me.

The fact that you and Maejo Man both had a different experience there means that it is not impossible, but I have met so many, many long term expats like tigerbeer who say, "No How: No way" and on top of that, I purposely sent those hot-blooded handsome, young tourists there who remained just as frustrated as when they went in, so the place is a mystery. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

UG has never been wrong, ever!

That is not completely true, in retrospect, I (and a lot of other people) were wrong about invading Iraq.

We should have listened to the first President Bush and stayed the heck out of the country. :o

No, I didn't forget, but because it is in such a prominent location (and SO convienient) and the girls are so cute, it is a never-ending source of interest to me.

The fact that you and Maejo Man both had a different experience there means that it is not impossible, but I have met so many, many long term expats like tigerbeer who say, "No How: No way" and on top of that, I purposely sent those hot-blooded handsome, young tourists there who remained just as frustrated as when they went in, so the place is a mystery. :D

My 'bullshit' was in response to, 'Hawking what?

My point is that it is widely known that there are no special services at this shop. Do you know otherwise? '

You had heard from both myself and DaviGT before, so you knew that what you were saying was bullshit. :o

If 500 people over a number of years tell me that they were turned down there and one person says he wasn't (I have no recollection of David's saying he scored there), I would call that a fluke, rather than a sure thing. I was trying to find out if anyone else had gotten lucky there and Maejo Man answered my question.

I guess I'm going to have to get a massage from every girl in the shop before I can pronounce it a safe zone for married men. :o

500 people, wow what a nag you are, I think. :o

Anyway, yes, it was DavidGF, and he told you that he got some special service at the Montri, and I got some at home. I'd suggest that most, if not all, of the 500 stayed in the place... I'd suggest that the key being privacy outsife... Otherwise, I'd suggest some better choices in what you are saying here. I have lived here peacefully for a long time, and you have no reason to suggest that I am lying to you. I thought you knew me better.

I don't think that you are lying or I would have said so. I just think that you got lucky and got an unusual girl for that place.

As to David, maybe I didn't know his nick at the time, so forgot about his reply.

I have talked with many, many people over the years that all got turned down there because I want to know what is going on, but here is goshawk saying this is incorrect and I had remembered that you said the same thing.

To be honest, I'm just trying to make sure that I didn't give up too easy for my own peace of mind, not trying to pizz anybody off! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.