Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

Btw, tell me if this makes sense..they state in the email that if they require further information from us they would be in touch, so by my reckoning that would suggest if they haven't been in touch then they must be satisfied...or to put it another way, how can they say that then refuse the visa without having asked for more info?

Saying all of that, trying to second guess people is usually a waste of time I suppose.

It'll be four weeks tomorrow for us, my partner is seriously despondent - I bought a flat here on the basis we could share our time between the two locations, me more so than my partner who is involved heavily in her work, we never considered the possibility that her visa might be denied but that has now been something we have started to consider as possible....my protest vote in that scenario will be to either rent the flat out or to sell it and take the hit and then I'll head back home which after nearly four weeks away I am sorely missing!

8 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It'll be four weeks tomorrow for us, my partner is seriously despondent - I bought a flat here on the basis we could share our time between the two locations, me more so than my partner who is involved heavily in her work, we never considered the possibility that her visa might be denied but that has now been something we have started to consider as possible....my protest vote in that scenario will be to either rent the flat out or to sell it and take the hit and then I'll head back home which after nearly four weeks away I am sorely missing!

You will be ok, but the service is an utter disgrace, no doubt.

Out of interest, why are you sorely missing the UK?

6 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

You will be ok, but the service is an utter disgrace, no doubt.

Out of interest, why are you sorely missing the UK?

I'm in the UK currently.....it's Thailand I'm missing, my home.

• Like 1

Today is the 12th working day since application. Just checked EMS tracker and passport is on the way. Still don't know if the application was successful. 

Is there any time difference between "YES" and "NO" applications?

16 hours ago, puchooay said:

Today is the 12th working day since application. Just checked EMS tracker and passport is on the way. Still don't know if the application was successful. 

Is there any time difference between "YES" and "NO" applications?

The “YES” ones will have a visa sticker in the passport.

The “NO” ones will not have a sticker and you get a refusal letter.

I am quietly confident for you.... ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The “YES” ones will have a visa sticker in the passport.

The “NO” ones will not have a sticker and you get a refusal letter.

I am quietly confident for you.... ?

Only quietly confident?? The success rate is 96% remember...so that makes him pretty much nailed on?!

2 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

Only quietly confident?? The success rate is 96% remember...so that makes him pretty much nailed on?!

I am not a loudmouth, so quietly confident......?

I would stake all my assets in Thailand that Puchooay's wife's application is successful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Thanks Jip.....Just heard, 2 year visa issued, phew!

I have to wonder though the wisdom of allowing VFS to consolidate their operations in the middle of peak tourist season, whatever were they thinking! 

Good luck to those still waiting, don't lose faith, drink tea and stay calm.

Well done Simoh.......never in doubt ?

You will not remember but it was even worse when VfS moved to the Trendy Building over a weekend... that was a nightmare.

Just Maradonna to go to keep Thai Visa combatants out of the 4%.

Come in number 10...... ?

• Like 1

Just now, Jip99 said:

Well done Simoh.......never in doubt ?

You will not remember but it was even worse when VfS moved to the Trendy Building over a weekend... that was a nightmare.

Come in number 10...... ?

I say just Maradonna..... but I must not forget that my missus' application is in the system....

I am quietly confident on that one as well...... 

• Like 1

Thanks Jip.....Just heard, 2 year visa issued, phew!

I have to wonder though the wisdom of allowing VFS to consolidate their operations in the middle of peak tourist season, whatever were they thinking! 
Very well done, to be honest I don’t think the correct decision was ever in doubt, but there is always a nagging doubt and a “what if”.
I don’t think that it was the idea of VFS to move the decision making to India but rather the UKVI, but your comment still applies

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I don't want to scar the record but it's been 25 working days now and all the multiple attempts I've made to relay my urgency is very rudely met with the same standard copy & paste email template. 

After escalating the case after 20 working days, they asked me to wait another 15 working days to be contacted. 

That's my entire holiday period over. Unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Very well done, to be honest I don’t think the correct decision was ever in doubt, but there is always a nagging doubt and a “what if”.
I don’t think that it was the idea of VFS to move the decision making to India but rather the UKVI, but your comment still applies

96% pass rate yet you offer a 'very well done'? Why don't you just admit that figure is a nonsense?

13 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I agree with your comment and I think it is fair to say that VfS do a decent job..... communication is the issue; previously you could call or email VfS but now it is premium rate contact with UKVI where you are generally stonewalled. I can fully understand that they want a smooth process and want dickheads calling them every 5 minutes....however barriers just add to the frustration.

I still can't see why the actual yes/no decision cant be communicated instantly. 

• Like 1

The below link is to the UK governments statistics on visa applications historically, you will see, if you use the documents correctly, that Thailand has a very good statistical record for approvals and it has got better, the world wide average was 88.25% and Thailand was 95.25% in 2017.

There were a total of 81,714 visa applications made in Thailand in 2017, of which 70,105 were for visit visas.

https://data.gov.uk/dataset/5d41001d-4307-4e5c-a5ad-3dc0b7c99bb1/immigration-statistics-entry-clearance-visas-granted-outside-the-uk

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mnop said:

I don't want to scar the record but it's been 25 working days now and all the multiple attempts I've made to relay my urgency is very rudely met with the same standard copy & paste email template. 

After escalating the case after 20 working days, they asked me to wait another 15 working days to be contacted. 

That's my entire holiday period over. Unbelievable. 

Quite simply that is unacceptable....disgraceful.

getting back to the original thread title for a minute.

Does this mean that ALL supporting documents for UK spouse visas need to be scanned in Bangkok now before being sent to sheffield (including income, accommodation, relationship proof)

I ask because it would mean me sending everything to Thailand, sending it all back to the UK and then sending the TB and English test back to Thailand again, seems a bit cockaloopy!