Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

17 hours ago, darren1971 said:

getting back to the original thread title for a minute.

Does this mean that ALL supporting documents for UK spouse visas need to be scanned in Bangkok now before being sent to sheffield (including income, accommodation, relationship proof)

I ask because it would mean me sending everything to Thailand, sending it all back to the UK and then sending the TB and English test back to Thailand again, seems a bit cockaloopy!

So does your post. I got dizzy just reading it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, darren1971 said:

getting back to the original thread title for a minute.

Does this mean that ALL supporting documents for UK spouse visas need to be scanned in Bangkok now before being sent to sheffield (including income, accommodation, relationship proof)

I ask because it would mean me sending everything to Thailand, sending it all back to the UK and then sending the TB and English test back to Thailand again, seems a bit cockaloopy!

Yes.

Btw, these ECO's in New Delhi, are they British bods or local Indian's?
They will be either UK based on an overseas posting, or they could be locally employed staff of certain nationalities who have undergone an extensive training course.

I suspect the current delays are more to do with the seasonal demands and poor planning from the Centre rather than the actions of individual staff.

9 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

They will be either UK based on an overseas posting, or they could be locally employed staff of certain nationalities who have undergone an extensive training course.

I suspect the current delays are more to do with the seasonal demands and poor planning from the Centre rather than the actions of individual staff.

Thanks, was just wondering.

They will be either UK based on an overseas posting, or they could be locally employed staff of certain nationalities who have undergone an extensive training course.I suspect the current delays are more to do with the seasonal demands and poor planning from the Centre rather than the actions of individual staff.

A good friend of mine has been an ECO in New Delhi for a few years. It's a more desirable posting than Islamabad where he was before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Has anyone else had an issue where they try to phone up UKVI but the other end can't hear you? 

It's happened to me about 5 times now using JustVoip (charges me for a full minute every time, of course). I made plenty of other calls to the UK using the same account with no trouble. They're ignoring everything I write to them via email. I'm at VFS nearly every day but they haven't heard a thing. Can anyone suggest any useful advice on where to go from here? 27 days and counting..... 

Applications from that time (20+days) seem to be the ones being held up (at least the two mentioned on here are). About the same time they would have felt the initial impact of the new scanning procedure.

Those that were submitted just after that time seem to be making good time. 11 days has been mentioned.

Well I managed to get through to them, they said nothing could be done until 15 more working days had passed from escalation (making it 35 days/7 weeks). I asked if I could withdraw my application so I could get my bloody passport back and at least make something out of my holiday. They said, very simply, "No". 

Back to bashing my head against the wall. Surely there is some way around this? 

2 minutes ago, mnop said:

Well I managed to get through to them, they said nothing could be done until 15 more working days had passed from escalation (making it 35 days/7 weeks). I asked if I could withdraw my application so I could get my bloody passport back and at least make something out of my holiday. They said, very simply, "No". 

The whole system is a shambles with the primary concern being how much money can be raked in from it. Just save some time and go straight to the bashing your head against the wall section.

5 hours ago, mnop said:

Has anyone else had an issue where they try to phone up UKVI but the other end can't hear you? 

It's happened to me about 5 times now using JustVoip (charges me for a full minute every time, of course). I made plenty of other calls to the UK using the same account with no trouble. They're ignoring everything I write to them via email. I'm at VFS nearly every day but they haven't heard a thing. Can anyone suggest any useful advice on where to go from here? 27 days and counting..... 

Pardon, can you speak up please?

3 hours ago, mnop said:

Your passport is held in Bangkok - YOU are Thai ?

You could try asking if you can retrospectively pay the premium service 2,500 Baht to retain your PP.

Just now, darren1971 said:

scanning the documents

There is no option but to scan thedocuments - there is no paper retained at VfS (apart from the passport).

No charge but many people opt for the basic service that includes document checking.

There is no option but to scan thedocuments - there is no paper retained at VfS (apart from the passport).
The passport is still sent to the British Embassy, it is returned to the applicant, via VFS, in an envelope with either a visa attached or a letter enclosed.

So to up date paid for the premium service for the mil application got the standard brush off letter on the 5 day mark.

However allowing for bank holidays as posted in an earlier post received the passport an signed for at the farm by a neighbor after 7 working days, booked mil flight ticket yesterday.

Difficult to believe they had any extra investigation to do, I believe they were just stalling for time as they had not meet the 5 day target

On 6/5/2018 at 8:29 AM, theoldgit said:

From 15 June all supporting documents for all categories of UK Visa will be scanned at either of the Visa Application Centres, this will now include applications for Standard Visit Visas, the originals will be returned to the applicant.

I hope this bunch of incompetents have had the obligatory scanning training.  <removed>

9 hours ago, fanjita said:

I hope this bunch of incompetents have had the obligatory scanning training.  <removed>

VfS are far from incompetent in my experience....Einstein's they are not but in terms of the processing of visa applications they are pretty good.

Remember, they don't set the rules they simply implement the instructions set by UKVI. My missus was in and out, biometrics done, in under 30 mins on the new system - probably 10 minutes longer than previous.

9 hours ago, fanjita said:

I hope this bunch of incompetents have had the obligatory scanning training. <removed>

I only have one experience of Uk visa applications and I have no complaints. The service was good. My wife was in and out in about 40 minutes. All done, processed and returned to our home address within the 15 working days time frame.

15 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Your passport is held in Bangkok - YOU are Thai ?

You could try asking if you can retrospectively pay the premium service 2,500 Baht to retain your PP.

Yes, I am Thai. I did bring that up - apparently, the service is only available prior to your application being submitted. 

23 hours ago, puchooay said:

I only have one experience of Uk visa applications and I have no complaints. The service was good. My wife was in and out in about 40 minutes. All done, processed and returned to our home address within the 15 working days time frame.

The lady who went in 15 mins after my missus also had her sms message on Monday so the processing time seems to have settled down to a 12-15 working day timescale.

UPDATE: There isn't one.

Goes without saying that I'm totally sick of this farcical nonsense now, got to the point where Mrs M just wants her passport back. I did end up calling that 'hotline' number to see if I can get any clarity so after giving the woman (or in Thai Visa language the 'lady') my GW number, she just said 'your visa is awaiting a decision' LOL...I told her I knew that which is why I called to see if I can find out more but she had no additional info whatsoever....so basically a scam number, I was billed for 8.33 quid, at 1.37 a min it seemed high as I thought I was only talking for a few mins, but can't be sure. The 'lady' herself was fine and friendly, in fact a lot more informal than one would expect, she even agreed with me that the whole thing is a joke...

Anyway, will have to be more patient. If anything I think the longer the wait the more likely it is it will be ok..why wait this long just say no way Jose?

Nothing anyone says in regards to this 'update' will make one single smidge of difference to the outcome, but feel free to comment anyway.

DM10

On 8/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, Jip99 said:

The lady who went in 15 mins after my missus also had her sms message on Monday so the processing time seems to have settled down to a 12-15 working day timescale.

Did they exchange numbers? Awww, how cute.

2 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

UPDATE: There isn't one.

Goes without saying that I'm totally sick of this farcical nonsense now, got to the point where Mrs M just wants her passport back. I did end up calling that 'hotline' number to see if I can get any clarity so after giving the woman (or in Thai Visa language the 'lady') my GW number, she just said 'your visa is awaiting a decision' LOL...I told her I knew that which is why I called to see if I can find out more but she had no additional info whatsoever....so basically a scam number, I was billed for 8.33 quid, at 1.37 a min it seemed high as I thought I was only talking for a few mins, but can't be sure. The 'lady' herself was fine and friendly, in fact a lot more informal than one would expect, she even agreed with me that the whole thing is a joke...

Anyway, will have to be more patient. If anything I think the longer the wait the more likely it is it will be ok..why wait this long just say no way Jose?

Nothing anyone says in regards to this 'update' will make one single smidge of difference to the outcome, but feel free to comment anyway.

DM10

Don't cry

Archived