Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2018 at 1:23 PM, Maradona 10 said:

UPDATE: There isn't one.

Goes without saying that I'm totally sick of this farcical nonsense now, got to the point where Mrs M just wants her passport back. I did end up calling that 'hotline' number to see if I can get any clarity so after giving the woman (or in Thai Visa language the 'lady') my GW number, she just said 'your visa is awaiting a decision' LOL...I told her I knew that which is why I called to see if I can find out more but she had no additional info whatsoever....so basically a scam number, I was billed for 8.33 quid, at 1.37 a min it seemed high as I thought I was only talking for a few mins, but can't be sure. The 'lady' herself was fine and friendly, in fact a lot more informal than one would expect, she even agreed with me that the whole thing is a joke...

Anyway, will have to be more patient. If anything I think the longer the wait the more likely it is it will be ok..why wait this long just say no way Jose?

Nothing anyone says in regards to this 'update' will make one single smidge of difference to the outcome, but feel free to comment anyway.

DM10

If it's any consolation; I feel you. In the exact same boat. They won't even respond to my emails anymore. 

I was chatting to a friend who has been visiting England using ten year visas for decades which are expensive, nothing is cheap when it concerns the British Embassy, and he tells me that the consular section has been moved to India! So next year, he expects to have pay more and be inconvenienced to a greater extent. It is very disappointing as a Brit. to see the decline in my country and the acceptance of incompetence which we have to put up with in every aspect of daily life which can’t be hidden from visitors. Thailand deserves a proper embassy but apparently the UK can’t afford that!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I was chatting to a friend who has been visiting England using ten year visas for decades which are expensive, nothing is cheap when it concerns the British Embassy, and he tells me that the consular section has been moved to India! So next year, he expects to have pay more and be inconvenienced to a greater extent. It is very disappointing as a Brit. to see the decline in my country and the acceptance of incompetence which we have to put up with in every aspect of daily life which can’t be hidden from visitors. Thailand deserves a proper embassy but apparently the UK can’t afford that!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
I may be wrong, but I don't think moving the UKVI visa issuing section to New Delhi has resulted in a price rise, although it does seem to have resulted in longer waits.

The consular service hasn't moved and is still in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think moving the UKVI visa issuing section to New Delhi has resulted in a price rise, although it does seem to have resulted in longer waits.

The consular service hasn't moved and is still in Bangkok.

But apart from that his post was spot on lol

19 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

I take it you got the visa..you never confirmed?

I am sorry M10, I thought I had. 

Visa approved 2nd August approx 11 working days.

Even then we didn't find out until the 9th  because the EMS tracking number was written down incorrectly.

Next step, Schengen visa from Greek embassy  - earliest appointment available 10th September !

19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I am sorry M10, I thought I had. 

Visa approved 2nd August approx 11 working days.

Even then we didn't find out until the 9th  because the EMS tracking number was written down incorrectly.

Next step, Schengen visa from Greek embassy  - earliest appointment available 10th September !

Didn't expect you to have a problem.

They are saying I have to wait another 15 w days, so basically treating it like it's just landed on their desk even though it's been 25 already. I have a hunch it may be sooner though as I had a moan, nowhere near good enough though of course.

I'd like to do the Greek island hopping one day, love the Greek islands. just don't go in the summer though or you will literally fry.

42 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Didn't expect you to have a problem.

They are saying I have to wait another 15 w days, so basically treating it like it's just landed on their desk even though it's been 25 already. I have a hunch it may be sooner though as I had a moan, nowhere near good enough though of course.

I'd like to do the Greek island hopping one day, love the Greek islands. just don't go in the summer though or you will literally fry.

I think they will settle down to a 10/15 day turn round time - which is acceptable, if they stick to it.....

Crete for 12 days with a couple of nights excursion to Santorini........ late September/early October should be perfect.   

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I think they will settle down to a 10/15 day turn round time - which is acceptable, if they stick to it.....

Crete for 12 days with a couple of nights excursion to Santorini........ late September/early October should be perfect.   

Next year October is our special birthdays and thinking of Europe...basically 2 school's of thought...go to Italy and do the Rome/Florence/Venice 10 day gig with Paris possibly thrown in for a few nights, or do the Greek island thing. Two completely different hol's really.  1 very touristy and a bit hectic..ie Italy, or a very chilled relaxing one ie Greece...the Greece thing probably appeals to me more but she will probably prefer Italy, the only thing with Greece is could you get bored, and Thai's don't really like beaches too much as we know..and if you just want lovely beaches the Maldives is a lot closer?

16 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Next year October is our special birthdays and thinking of Europe...basically 2 school's of thought...go to Italy and do the Rome/Florence/Venice 10 day gig with Paris possibly thrown in for a few nights, or do the Greek island thing. Two completely different hol's really.  1 very touristy and a bit hectic..ie Italy, or a very chilled relaxing one ie Greece...the Greece thing probably appeals to me more but she will probably prefer Italy, the only thing with Greece is could you get bored, and Thai's don't really like beaches too much as we know..and if you just want lovely beaches the Maldives is a lot closer?

You are right - it depends on your missus.

Took mine to Spain for a month last year and 6 weeks this year......... she said that she wasn't bored once.

She loved Rome, Dublin, Inverness, York, Chester etc but we usually do 3/5 night city breaks.

19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You are right - it depends on your missus.

Took mine to Spain for a month last year and 6 weeks this year......... she said that she wasn't bored once.

She loved Rome, Dublin, Inverness, York, Chester etc but we usually do 3/5 night city breaks.

I was thinking about York. Never been.

That would be the bit about it being sent from his iPad ??   [emoji846]

I am sure that my friend will be pleased to learn that it will cost no more next year than it did nine years ago, also that involving India will not be more inconvenient. However I suspect that processing in India is likely to be more problematic than processing in Bangkok.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I am sure that my friend will be pleased to learn that it will cost no more next year than it did nine years ago, also that involving India will not be more inconvenient. However I suspect that processing in India is likely to be more problematic than processing in Bangkok.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why do you think that ?

That would be the bit about it being sent from his iPad ??   [emoji846]

I was responding to this comment.
Here are the things in which I was right in my post to which your comment refers.
1. This will be the fourth ten year visa and each was more expensive than the former, I expect that the cost will have increased again.
2. It is likely to be inconvenient because it is likely to take longer.
The point of my post being that my friend will be paying more for slower service.
It isn't easy to accept that one's country is in terminal decline so you must make allowances for my reaction to it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My wife has just applied for her 3rd 6 month UK general visit visa (we go every 2 to 3 years or so for short visits).

Documents were submitted on the 10th August. She received an SMS later the same day informing that the documents had been sent.

I'll post when a decision has been made just to give an indication of a trend in waiting time.

My wife commented that the process compared to other applications was mostly the same albeit slower due to the scanning of papers. Having said that, she was in the office for about 40 minutes. She said this was mostly due to sitting and waiting for her turn.

The office separated documents into sections with coloured headers and gave my wife a check list to tick off what she had submitted.

7 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I was responding to this comment.
Here are the things in which I was right in my post to which your comment refers.
1. This will be the fourth ten year visa and each was more expensive than the former, I expect that the cost will have increased again.
2. It is likely to be inconvenient because it is likely to take longer.
The point of my post being that my friend will be paying more for slower service.
It isn't easy to accept that one's country is in terminal decline so you must make allowances for my reaction to it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you are making it sound sound rather dramatic. It is pretty obvious that prices increase over time.

”Slower service” remains to be seen. The same processing times were quoted previously - it is just that the Bangkok embassy was swift with the straight forward applications.

It is unreasonable to judge the processing times at this early transitional stage, it appears to be settling down and we are seeing decisions within 15 days. That is perfectly acceptable and anyone should be able to plan within that.

Which country is in terminal decline?

I think you are making it sound sound rather dramatic. It is pretty obvious that prices increase over time.

”Slower service” remains to be seen. The same processing times were quoted previously - it is just that the Bangkok embassy was swift with the straight forward applications.

It is unreasonable to judge the processing times at this early transitional stage, it appears to be settling down and we are seeing decisions within 15 days. That is perfectly acceptable and anyone should be able to plan within that.

I think by " terminal decline" he must be referring to Brexit.

21 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

My wife's first and only application was via India. Application date to passport in the hand, with visa attached, 13 working days. Is that slower than before? It is certainly within the time frame promised.

Diabolical service at VFS Trendy building in Bangkok today. Wife still waiting to see anyone about her Visa application now 16.10, despite a 13.45 appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Diabolical service at VFS Trendy building in Bangkok today. Wife still waiting to see anyone about her Visa application now 16.10, despite a 13.45 appointment.

That is terrible. Any explanation why? What time did she eventually finish?

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That is terrible. Any explanation why? What time did she eventually finish?

We actually finished about 30 minutes later.  They blamed it on "new process" but the processing of my wife's documents was actually very quick, the scanning is very fast and once she finally got seen we were out in about 15-20 minutes.  

They were handling the return of documents and passports with approved visas in the same room as the visa applications which my wife said she couldn't remember them doing last year.  It seemed to me that that there were just far too many people there with appointments at the the same time and not enough staff actually dealing with visa applicants.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 10:10 AM, gmac said:

4 hour wait for my gf too, couldn't go and get any food or drinks and missed her bus home. Had to stay in Bangkok over night. No explanation or apology. People will still tell you that you are an exception and everything is perfect though.

4 hour wait for my gf too, couldn't go and get any food or drinks and missed her bus home. Had to stay in Bangkok over night. No explanation or apology. People will still tell you that you are an exception and everything is perfect though.
Disgraceful. But there must have been an explanation. Most likely some paperwork was missing or some other irregularity. Why couldn't she get food from outside?

Archived