New tires for my truck

My Ranger WT from 2013 needs new tires, over 5 years old and 50k km done.

Original tires are: Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65 R17 112T and they looks fairly okay, have swapped them around a couple of times.

Which ones should I get and should I keep the same size? Not interested in getting big fat tires and don't do off-roading. 

Cheers for inputs.

44 minutes ago, transam said:

I would stick to the same size, everything is dialed in for a "happy" ride...

Tyre choice, lots of stuff out there, as my pickup is no race car l bought cheaper tyres that have been OK, and will probably fit the same unless l spot a good deal...

Not a Race Car.?. its just the same as a Fortuna and they are race cars in the eyes of most owners.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Original tires are: Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65 R17 112T and they looks fairly okay, have swapped them around a couple of times

Personally I just get a tyre condition check at service intervals no matter age, I change around the minimum depth allowed. 

I like Bridgestone Duelers H/T but will go with something cheaper like Deestones and increase by 10mm width which the OEM rims will accommodate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

My Ranger WT from 2013 needs new tires, over 5 years old and 50k km done.

Original tires are: Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65 R17 112T and they looks fairly okay, have swapped them around a couple of times.

I have a 2016 Ranger with the same tyres, however I have 75,000 km's on mine and they still have tread left, i.e. they are on the wear marker at the moment, but I reckon they are still good for another 10,000km's.

50,000 kilometres sounds way to early to be changing your tyres, that said, I will be sticking with the same tyres as they seem to handle well and give me a fair few clicks, although I haven't priced them, I would imagine I would be up for about 4,000-5,000 baht per tyre ?

If anyone can recommend any tyre places in Udon Thani or Sakon Nakhon, do let me know. 

• Like 1

The Bridgestone Duellers are crap, unless you like tyres that go hard quickly and offer little grip when needed most. Most experts on here think they're great though.

I recommend Michelen tyres which are easily 2 or 3 steps above the Duellers.

• Haha 1

I would go with Michelins. Make sure you check the Date of Manufacture. Some dealers will sell tires long past their use by date. Rubber deteriorates in a hot climate, even on the shelf. There is an excellent Michelin dealer opposite LaemChaBang port. Very friendly service and good prices

Just changed my tyres which were duellers on my pajero at 70,000 km. Not really worn to much as don’t really drive long distances or at high speeds but thought best to change them to be on safe side. Looked at Pirelli as an alternative but reviews said they wore very quickly and they were couple thousand bht more. Stuck with duellers in the end.

Edited by ronaldo0
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have a 2016 Ranger with the same tyres, however I have 75,000 km's on mine and they still have tread left, i.e. they are on the wear marker at the moment, but I reckon they are still good for another 10,000km's.

50,000 kilometres sounds way to early to be changing your tyres, that said, I will be sticking with the same tyres as they seem to handle well and give me a fair few clicks, although I haven't priced them, I would imagine I would be up for about 4,000-5,000 baht per tyre ?

If anyone can recommend any tyre places in Udon Thani or Sakon Nakhon, do let me know. 

There is a place on youre right hand going from Udon to Sakon,so you need to U turn and come back.The boss speaks good english.He gave me the best price on my 265/60-20inch last week ,that I could find in Udon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There is a place on youre right hand going from Udon to Sakon,so you need to U turn and come back.The boss speaks good english.He gave me the best price on my 265/60-20inch last week ,that I could find in Udon.

• Thanks 1

My experience with purchasing tyres back in Oz, I always prefer softer compound tyres with good grip in wet conditions, with the downside being they usually wear out at lower mileage, over longer life tyres with higher mileage but less grip in wet conditions. 

In my experience tyres here rarely last more than 2/3 years. The sidewalls crack due to uv or non-use way before the usable tread is finished. Maybe explains the land of blown out tyres (second only to brake failure).

2 minutes ago, tompelli said:

In my experience tyres here rarely last more than 2/3 years. The sidewalls crack due to uv or non-use way before the usable tread is finished. Maybe explains the land of blown out tyres (second only to brake failure).

Exactly.Its not about how much dept they have left.Its about age and hardness.Changed mine after not even 3 years and 60 000.After a hard stop and sliding like it was ice on the road.No grip left.Parking out of the sun help alot.

• Thanks 2

Stay away from MAXXIS this tyre did 180kilometres and I got no help from customer service. This tyre was fitted new by a Maxxis dealer and it was run at the correct pressure and was not overloaded, 2 other tyres started to go the same. They were fitted on my 2005 Isuzu space cab

PIC_0495.JPG

PIC_0492.JPG

PIC_0493a.JPG

0100.JPG

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The tires are not that worn but the heat here are hard on tires so I thought 5 years old and it's about time getting new ones.

I am in Pattaya.

Are there cracks showing on the sidewalls of the tyres, any small bumps, any defects around the tread pattern, if not no worries. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Are there cracks showing on the sidewalls of the tyres, any small bumps, any defects around the tread pattern, if not no worries. 

No there is nothing like that and it's parked in the shade at the house all the time.

Anyway the truck goes for 9 month service on friday so I will ask them to check the tires now they are at it.

15 hours ago, tompelli said:

I changed my Michelin at 7 years old, there was sod all wrong with them except lack of tread...:stoner:

I have never had sidewall cracking or rubber dust from sun eating yet...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Exactly.Its not about how much dept they have left.Its about age and hardness.Changed mine after not even 3 years and 60 000.After a hard stop and sliding like it was ice on the road.No grip left.Parking out of the sun help alot.

No ABS...?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

No there is nothing like that and it's parked in the shade at the house all the time.

Anyway the truck goes for 9 month service on Friday so

I will ask them to check the tires

now they are at it.

Sounds like you have taken care of your boots.

If you ask auto service places to check they will say you need new tyres is my guess for more than the usual reasons unless they are honest or they are able to show you any deterioration.

• Like 1

Tyres are expensive but they are the things that keep you on the road safely.

I use Goodyear they are soft and wear out faster than others but are good in all weather conditions.

I would rather pay twice the price for good tyres than drive around on poor quality or bald ones

Better safe than sorry.

1 minute ago, alanratch said:

Tyres are expensive but they are the things that keep you on the road safely.

I use Goodyear they are soft and wear out faster than others but are good in all weather conditions.

I would rather pay twice the price for good tyres than drive around on poor quality or bald ones

Better safe than sorry.

I have never driven on bald tyres, but l have on 7 year old quality ones in LOS...