Keyless entry install for VIOS 2003

Hoping someone may have some tips for me to get wiring right for keyless entry installed into Toyota VIOS 2003.

I've browsed the net for help on wiring but my findings in the car are not matching with what I'd expect to see.

It should have been a simple matter to find "open" , "lock" and "detection" wires in passenger side

This is what I've figured out so far.

Passenger side behind kick panel.- I have found a wire that shows 0V and jumps to 12V when the lock button is pressed on drivers door.

and also another wire showing same readings for the unlock button. This would suggest positive triggering, right? But everywhere on net says toyota is negative triggered for door locks. These same wires are also on drivers side.. I could not find any other voltage signal changes on the other wires on passenger side when doors locked/unlocked. It is common for the "detection wire" to be on the passenger side, but I couldn't decipher it.

Drivers side - besides the lock and unlock wires mentioned above, I found three other thinner wires on the top smaller harness showing 9.7V and going to 0V when either the lock or unlock is pressed. Again I could not decipher a "detection" wire and wonder what these wires are for.

I tried ignoring the "detection" side of things and simply wiring up the lock and unlock wires to the keyless entry module..

I press the remote to unlock the door and I hear the faintest of effort from the door motor, The doors don't unlock. So either I need to investigate more about this so called "detection" wire or the module is not supplying enough power to the motors to open the lock.

Any help appreciated, Have a rippa night.

11 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Did you ask the same question at a Toyota Service Point? They might know more about it. I found the place where I bought my Avanza to be quite knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.

I must be doing something wrong even though I try to be polite. I find quite the opposite.  Twice they have been evasive to help. "Cannot do, you go outside shop" is not what you want to hear from Toyota.

The two in Pattaya area I won't bother with. 

Would like to update. Finally go it sorted.

Went to Toyota for wiring diagram, but they weren't helpful. 3000 baht for two remotes for existing security and I'd still be left with no boot release.

I persevered with researching on net and eventually cam across a diagram that made my brain click into action.

I disconnected the battery and searched for the wires that show short to ground when pressing the door unlock buttons.

Found these on the smaller connector in kick panel on driver side. Connecting these wires to ground force the doors to lock and unlock. 

These wires are not the wires directly connected to the door luck actuators but go to the intergrated security module.

If anyone is interested in installing keyless entry into their vios its quite easy with a 300 baht module from aliexpress.

Cheers and have a rippa day.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, stud858 said:

I must be doing something wrong even though I try to be polite. I find quite the opposite.  Twice they have been evasive to help. "Cannot do, you go outside shop" is not what you want to hear from Toyota.

The two in Pattaya area I won't bother with. 

They're probably not allowed to, and not interested in, installing non-Toyota accessories, that's why they said you'd have to use an independent shop.