Video: Sisaket police show bikers with adapted exhausts what the locals have to tolerate

webfact

Video: Sisaket police show bikers with adapted exhausts what the locals have to tolerate

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video revealed a novel and very Thai way to impress on bikers that their souped up vehicles are causing annoyance.

The owners of the noisy vehicles with adapted exhausts were made to squat behind their bikes as a cop revved the engine.

In this way they got a mouthful of fumes and an earful of noise instead of paying fines.

Even those standing nearby had to put their fingers in their ears and admit it was all too much.

A cop on duty said: "That is what the people living here have to put up with. They call us to complain - they can't sleep".

Chief of police in the Phu Sing area of Sisaket said that his men had been following this technique to warn the riders for the last two months.

If after one warning they don't change their exhausts they are then fined 200 baht.

The poster of the clip on Facebook - Sukan Boonfrang - thanked the cops for just issuing a warning on this occasion. He said he would be going home to change his exhaust and his friends would do likewise.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-06

• Haha 1

So whilst thugs are hurtling around public roads probably drunk and endangering others lives, the local ‘Keystone Cops’ are stopping said punks for noise pollution and giving them 1 warning then a ‘hefty’ 200b fine.
This could be make into a Thai soap script with lots of ‘whiz’s & bang’s’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More juvenile tat which outlines the immaturity of the minds at play here. 

When educating our children we are told 'consistency' is the key...  it is the same with law enforcement.. 

These childish minds know the consequences of their behavior and actions are minimal.

Simple solutions work best: Confiscate the bike & fine the riders are sum which makes a difference. 

Oh boy, honda wave is the most popular bike for making some noise. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be seen on one making noise like that but to the locals it's a racing machine and a great way to get a little "look me" attention. 

Edited by fullcave

Get the "problem" off of the roads.

Establish/encourage/subsidise inexpensive, amateur youth competition/club riding on purpose built tracks/circuits.

Then perhaps Thailand would get the World Champion(s) which (bizarrely, given the prevalence of motorcycling in the culture) it has so far failed to do.

Or is motorcycling the "wrong" culture......the wrong class.

(Feel free to flame me if I have failed to notice that such initiatives are already taking place).

Edited by Enoon

4 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Get the "problem" off of the roads.

Establish/encourage/subsidise inexpensive, amateur youth competition/club riding on purpose built tracks/circuits.

Then perhaps Thailand would get the World Champion(s) which (bizarrely, given the prevalence of motorcycling in the culture) it has so far failed to do.

Or is motorcycling the "wrong" culture......the wrong class.

(Feel free to flame me if I have failed to notice that such initiatives are already taking place).

I agree with your first few lines but this is not a problem of youths racing, it is about a typical scooter owner removing the effective exhaust of their standard rides with the goal of creating as much noise as possible, farangs, MB taxis etc think is somehow cool to make horrible loud noises from their exhaust on a scooter, it is widespread in Pattaya, I ride a Superbike and it is no where near as noisy as these scooters with no effective exhaust system. It is creating massive noise pollution throughout pattaya and keeping many people awake through the small hours 

7 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I saw a biker slowly rumbling down Beach Road Pattaya .on his Harley.   He had a patch embroided onto his jacket which read LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES..    Loud the pipes were.....but.....

If he was so concerned about road safety, he wouldn't have been riding a BLACK chopper, wearing a BLACK jacket, BLACK jeans and BLACK boots. His head and tail lights would have been switched on even though it was daytime, and he would have been wearing a helmet.

Noisy after-market exhausts have nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with image.

s-l300.jpg

my modded pipes saved me from an accident once,

possibly more but on one occasion it was only ever the pipes that made the difference

14 hours ago, poanoi said:

my modded pipes saved me from an accident once,

possibly more but on one occasion it was only ever the pipes that made the difference

Hardly an excuse for disturbing hundreds of people with your "modded pipes".....

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Hardly an excuse for disturbing hundreds of people with your "modded pipes".....

it saved the boy ahead of me on the scooter a whole lot more,

i would most likely have sent him flying a long way with me still on my bike.

u c, as i was taking over, he had a change of heart and decided to turn

the opposite way of what he had been indicating, at this point,

i was accelerating fast, there was no way to avoid collision beside him to stay put,

he heard something big was heading his way at the very last moment,

and took appropriate action to avoid being hit

there might well be some other instances as well

just that i was never made aware of it.

in one case i might have been saved if i have had

very loud and illegal pipes,

as a bike taxi came out between the cue on the opposite lane right in front of me 1 meter ahead of me,

i managed to stop in time by standing on my front wheel,

but didnt have the power to absorb the landing.

in hindsight i would have been better off sending the taxi into the ditch

Edited by poanoi

1 minute ago, poanoi said:

it saved the boy ahead of me on the scooter a whole lot more,

i would most likely have sent him flying a long way with me still on my bike.

u c, as i was taking over, he had a change of heart and decided to turn

the opposite way of what he had been indicating, at this point,

i was accelerating fast, there was no way to avoid collision beside him to stay put,

he heard something big was heading his way at the very last moment

Try honk the horn. :smile:

On 6/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

I do agree that loud pipes do save lives, at least you can hear the noise whilst inside your insulated cocoon of a vehicle.

You can place the proximity of the biker in your surrounds.

( Unlike ambulances who just seem to be ignored).

What becomes the killer, is the person whos hand controls the throttle and whos feet control the foot brake.

I have seen motorcyclists of all 3 sexes, watch a vehicle cut in front of them and make no braking or accident avoidance attempt at all, only to crash into the side of the vehicle.

Now start counting all the bikes that ride at night without any lights, front - rear, nor reflectors.

StupidIty cannot be cured !

Loud  pipes   have  no justification.  Nor   do they  provide any real  proximity  to other  road users. They are  simply a  pollutive  noise  to  the  stationary  roadside  public !

You  are correct  about  the  mentality  of  the person who  has the hand on the throttle. But  is  it stupidity or just a  sad  attempt  to  be  noticed?

In  my  general  location  many trucks  utilized  ridiculous   megaphone  exhaust systems  but  after  serious warnings  have  now  changed  to  the  fitting of as  many external rear vision  mirrors  that  can  be  achieved  or  afforded!

As  ludicrously  sad  but at least  silent !

On 6/6/2018 at 7:26 PM, smedly said:

I agree with your first few lines but this is not a problem of youths racing, it is about a typical scooter owner removing the effective exhaust of their standard rides with the goal of creating as much noise as possible, farangs, MB taxis etc think is somehow cool to make horrible loud noises from their exhaust on a scooter, it is widespread in Pattaya, I ride a Superbike and it is no where near as noisy as these scooters with no effective exhaust system. It is creating massive noise pollution throughout pattaya and keeping many people awake through the small hours 

pardon me but i dont believe for a second that a falang or anyone else above age 25

would come up with the idea of modding scooter pipes

8 hours ago, poanoi said:

pardon me but i dont believe for a second that a falang or anyone else above age 25

would come up with the idea of modding scooter pipes

are you being funny ?

we have 60-70 year olds running around with 20-40 year olds in Thailand after abandoning their families and so called difficult (or alcoholic) wives, their children and abandoning any general responsibilities that any normal responsible husband father and adult would be manning up to back home, yes and somehow a modified scooter does it for them too 

they seem to be Happy Enough

Edited by smedly