Brit, 31, found dead in Bangkok hotel room

webfact

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Most travel insurance policies have a clause excluding suicide so if that was the cause of death, even if there had been a policy it might not cover costs of repatriating the body.

Yes and all them problems have been solved here,just don't take out travel insurance when going to a dangerous third world country.

7 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Travel insurance should be made compulsory, included in the cost of the flight tickets. That said, RIP another young life taken.

Travel insurance is always a good idea but doesn't cover everything in all cases.  As we don't know the cause of death we don't know whether he was, or could have been covered we can't really make judgements.  Repatriation after death abroad is possibly an exemption.

17 hours ago, happy chappie said:

what is even more sad is how the father has been left to beg for money to bring him back to Scotland and bury him because he was happy go lucky and never had £30-40 travel insurance.over £9000 has already been raised  and what's wrong with a cremation in Thailand and ashes posted back.myself I'm getting a bit fed up with these stories of no insurance.

People who give, give voluntarily. Did ever anybody ask you to donate ?  Nobody will force you to do so. It's okey if you don't like the whole fundraising thing, but no need to get upset about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, connda said:

Having lost my teenaged daughter and only-child to a car accident three months after my father died.  I can acutely understand exactly where this father is at this moment.  We're members of a small club and trust me, you don't want to be in it. 

My condolences to the father and family.  I know it's simply devastating.  And 'No', the pain never goes away.  You just learn to live around it.  :402:

Agree with your sentiment and there is another very small club that you do not want to be a member of. That is losing three wives.

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

RIP  Joe, even the family dont know the details of his death,

very sad.

regards worgeordie

How do you know they don’t know the details. Maybe the news don’t know the details but the family might?

losing 2 children must be devistating 

I hope the family find peace one way or another 

Please don’t cast assumptions of suspicions let the family ask for inquires if they see fit. You can’t make out what’s exactly happened just from a news story 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, maximillian said:

People who give, give voluntarily. Did ever anybody ask you to donate ?  Nobody will force you to do so. It's okey if you don't like the whole fundraising thing, but no need to get upset about.

No nobody did ask me to donate and I wouldn't other wise I would just give all my money to sad stories on go fund me.by the way do you know what % actually goes to the fund after the likes of go fund me have had their slice of the cake?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, happy chappie said:

No nobody did ask me to donate and I wouldn't other wise I would just give all my money to sad stories on go fund me.by the way do you know what % actually goes to the fund after the likes of go fund me have had their slice of the cake?

96 %

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Travel insurance is always a good idea but doesn't cover everything in all cases.  As we don't know the cause of death we don't know whether he was, or could have been covered we can't really make judgements.  Repatriation after death abroad is possibly an exemption.

Oh right, so lets just continue this free for all with people catching cheap flights to countries who cant really afford to go in the first place, then when something goes wrong becoming a burden on everyone else.

Sure you may be right about travel insurance not covering the return of the body, but what if he had been attacked and robbed and was now lying in the ICU? Without a doubt there would be a go fund me, too easy people thinking if something goes wrong they can just open a go fund me!!

If you cant afford it, don't travel!! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

You can contribute for me if you like.50,000 will do nicely.

Can you change your profile name Chappie because your name doesn't fit. You sound like a bitter <deleted>.

If you are the average quality of expat that live in Udon thani then I will cross that off my list of possible places to live in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope you donated then.nah didn't think you did.its cheaper to be a keyboard warrior.

When I was a child there was a dog food called chappie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnson36 said:

There still is

Really? It stank. One of my earliest memories. That said I recall we made a Chappie sandwich for a friend who spat it out so must have tasted awful too.

20 minutes ago, johnson36 said:

Can you change your profile name Chappie because your name doesn't fit. You sound like a bitter <deleted>.

If you are the average quality of expat that live in Udon thani then I will cross that off my list of possible places to live in Thailand.

You not welcome,stay where you are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

I don't want to know what you where fed as a kid thanks.

Add lack of intelligence to lack of empathy and your on your own in your opinions and in my interest I won't be bothering to read or respond to your posts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nip said:

Really? It stank. One of my earliest memories. That said I recall we made a Chappie sandwich for a friend who spat it out so must have tasted awful too.

Oh yeah that old chestnut,it was a friend not me.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nip said:

Add lack of intelligence to lack of empathy and your on your own in your opinions and in my interest I won't be bothering to read or respond to your posts.

You've managed to lower this sad story to the level of dog food.please have some respect,a young man has died here.

40 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What's your problem with someone who may want to give some of their money to aid someone who has tragically lost a son whatever the circumstances of what he did or didn't do. 

Go and find a hobby or something and stop deliberately trying to be a bellend to piss people off who wish to show some compassion. 

I've got no problem with people donating you can all give as much as you want.the only thing I have a problem with is people flying out to dangerous third world countries to have the time of their life,adventure and party without travel insurance.then set up a go fund me account only for a large portion of that donation never reaching the person who it was intended for.

• Confused 1

How does it feel to be walking alone on this. Not one single person, not one, has agreed with your arrogant and totally uncalled for comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

I've got no problem with people donating you can all give as much as you want.the only thing I have a problem with is people flying out to dangerous third world countries to have the time of their life,adventure and party without travel insurance.then set up a go fund me account only for a large portion of that donation never reaching the person who it was intended for.

I would suggest you allow others to decide what they should or should not do or say and worry more about the fact that your opinions are clearly unsound and unwanted.

• Like 2