Brit, 31, found dead in Bangkok hotel room

webfact

6 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

only for a large portion of that donation never reaching the person who it was intended for.

And you have proof of that, do you. It is up to them if they risk travelling with no insurance, and it is up to others to donate if they want to. Free choice. I'm sorry if it upsets you so much that you have to post numerous comments about something that doesn't concern you in the slightest. There are a lot of people who have responded negatively. You might ponder on that for a moment. And if you feel that everyone is wrong and you are right, I don't think any one of us cares. You have your point of view which you've made very clear, with a bit of unsubstantiated stuff about people diverting donations added in for good measure. Someone with their life in front of them has died. THAT is the story, not lack of insurance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How does it feel to be walking alone on this. Not one single person, not one, has agreed with your arrogant and totally uncalled for comments.

What's arrogant about pointing out the man had no insurance and I don't agree with go fund me that rips people off.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

What's arrogant about pointing out the man had no insurance and I don't agree with go fund me that rips people off.

What is arrogant is believing that you are right and everyone else is wrong for not agreeing with you. Life is rarely like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

They may want a proper post mortem performed in the UK as Thai results are often less than satisfactory!

R.I.P. to an Other Uninsured  stupid person .A Post mortem isn't going to bring him back,,, cremate  and send him home... via EMS .

• Confused 1

I hope the parents survive the pain of losing their son and daughter and find some happiness in life remembering their children. You think you have problems in life and then you read about this father and mother and you realize your “problems” are small in comparison. Peace 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And you have proof of that, do you. It is up to them if they risk travelling with no insurance, and it is up to others to donate if they want to. Free choice. I'm sorry if it upsets you so much that you have to post numerous comments about something that doesn't concern you in the slightest. There are a lot of people who have responded negatively. You might ponder on that for a moment. And if you feel that everyone is wrong and you are right, I don't think any one of us cares. You have your point of view which you've made very clear, with a bit of unsubstantiated stuff about people diverting donations added in for good measure. Someone with their life in front of them has died. THAT is the story, not lack of insurance.

Well why mention lack of insurance and go fund me.when somchai of whoever gets killed in the road we never hear any of the above.try google go fund me hidden charges and complaints and see where the money goes.negative posts on me doesn't bother me in the slightest.im not here to write what everyone likes.if you like You can start the ball rolling on this thread and everyone one of the more compassionate members can start donating.so come on then lads dig deep and kick it off.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, digger70 said:

R.I.P. to an Other Uninsured  stupid person .A Post mortem isn't going to bring him back,,, cremate  and send him home... via EMS .

Be careful what you say on this thread,you can end up in the sin bin like me.

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What is arrogant is believing that you are right and everyone else is wrong for not agreeing with you. Life is rarely like that.

Don't know how you come to this conclusion.its my opinion and you are free to have your own opinion.having no travel insurance and taking an exotic holiday to a third world country that is full of dangers is wrong.then when the crap hits the fan start begging on line.yes I'm sorry to hear this young man has died and hope it all gets sorted out for the family.oh and I don't do the who's right who's wrong.if I don't agree with what someone writes I just let it be,there's no need to attack them like some tv members.

Edited by happy chappie
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BigC said:

How do you know they don’t know the details. Maybe the news don’t know the details but the family might?

losing 2 children must be devistating 

I hope the family find peace one way or another 

Big C  you never bothered to read the full story,before making a comment.

“I just can’t believe what has happened – and what makes it worse is that we don’t know the details surrounding Joe’s death. said the father.

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When you were young did you take out travel insurance if you went overseas? Honest answer please.

Yes I did, seemed the normal and right thing to do with every holiday i booked insurance too. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Nip said:

I would suggest you allow others to decide what they should or should not do or say and worry more about the fact that your opinions are clearly unsound and unwanted.

Come on now nip.your starting to tell porky pies.you said earlier you wasn't going to read or respond to any of my posts after me taking you as a man of your word.god there's some untrusting people in this world.as for allowing others to speak,I'm not stopping or stopped anyone for giving their opinions and I certainly haven't attacked them for having a different opinion to mine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Don't know how you come to this conclusion.its my opinion and you are free to have your own opinion.having no travel insurance and taking an exotic holiday to a third world country that is full of dangers is wrong.then when the crap hits the fan start begging on line.yes I'm sorry to hear this young man has died and hope it all gets sorted out for the family.oh and I don't do the who's right who's wrong.if I don't agree with what someone writes I just let it be,there's no need to attack them like some tv members.

Give it a rest will you?

It wasn't the father who didn't buy the insurance.

You've made your point, so now leave it. 

Why keep banging on, as if you hope to change someone's mind?

12 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Give it a rest will you?

It wasn't the father who didn't buy the insurance.

You've made your point, so now leave it. 

Why keep banging on, as if you hope to change someone's mind?

And who rattled your cage.whats the father got to do with buying insurance,have I missed something here? All I've said is I don't think it's very smart to travel to a place like Thailand without travel insurance and I don't like the go fund me bs.

23 hours ago, happy chappie said:

what is even more sad is how the father has been left to beg for money to bring him back to Scotland and bury him because he was happy go lucky and never had £30-40 travel insurance.over £9000 has already been raised  and what's wrong with a cremation in Thailand and ashes posted back.myself I'm getting a bit fed up with these stories of no insurance.

i agree with this. why not pay for travelinsurance and why no cremation in thailand and ship the ashes. bij ems it will be at about 2000 bath for 5 kilo's 

6 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Oh right, so lets just continue this free for all with people catching cheap flights to countries who cant really afford to go in the first place, then when something goes wrong becoming a burden on everyone else.

Sure you may be right about travel insurance not covering the return of the body, but what if he had been attacked and robbed and was now lying in the ICU? Without a doubt there would be a go fund me, too easy people thinking if something goes wrong they can just open a go fund me!!

If you cant afford it, don't travel!! 

Why is a burden on everyone else? Where you asked to contribute, No. Is it a burden on you and your lifestyle, No. Has it effected you in any way, No. So why get you knickers in a twist? If people want to donate then that is their choice. Don’t let it spoil your morning coffee. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

And who rattled your cage.whats the father got to do with buying insurance,have I missed something here? All I've said is I don't think it's very smart to travel to a place like Thailand without travel insurance and I don't like the go fund me bs.

Heard a great saying that really suits you perfectly. “ A negative mind will never give you a positive life “. Oh how true. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

Heard a great saying that really suits you perfectly. “ A negative mind will never give you a positive life “. Oh how true. 

And thankyou for your great position contribution to this article.you just sit back and slate everyone with your negative comments and analysis of other people's opinions.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

Come on then smart guy,where on earth did you get this 96% figure from.

The gofundme page , they take 4% commission and using my intelligence, I deduced that that leaves 96 % which goes to the cause .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The gofundme page , they take 4% commission and using my intelligence, I deduced that that leaves 96 % which goes to the cause .

Way out.5% commission,2.9% administration fee and 30 cents per donation.in other words if you had donated a $1 they would receive 62.1 cents.paypal run a donation site and they get 100% of the donation.the likes of go fund me and a money making machine and dont even have a phone number for when you funds goes missing.

Edited by happy chappie
Spelling
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Way out.5% commission,2.9% administration fee and 30 cents per donation.in other words if you had donated a $1 they would receive 62.1 cents.paypal run a donation site and they get 100% of the donation.the likes of go fund me and a money making machine and done even have a phone number for when you funds goes missing.

The commission depends on which Country  you are in , for the USA & UK and most of Western Europe , the fees are between 1.9 % -2.9 % (+ 30 cents per donation)

The b7.9 % that you stated is the maximum that they charge and that is in Switzerland .

As the guy in this story is from the UK, the charges would have been 2.5 % + 20 P per donation .

If a person donated 100 GBP to the cause in the OP , they would have received 97 .30 GBP , which is over 97 &%

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/203604424-Fees-on-GoFundMe

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Good question. It would be much cheaper than flying a body all the way to Scotland, and much more sensible, though the £9000 raised would easily cover that also.

Not everyone wants to be cremated. I certainly don't.  It's about personal preference.  I think it is great that others have chipped in to help this family at this time of loss.  Seems like the amount of negativity on TV these days has grown. This is a story about a 31year old young man who has lost his life, sadly for the parents after loosing their daughter as well. 

what is even more sad is how the father has been left to beg for money to bring him back to Scotland and bury him because he was happy go lucky and never had £30-40 travel insurance.over £9000 has already been raised  and what's wrong with a cremation in Thailand and ashes posted back.myself I'm getting a bit fed up with these stories of no insurance.

then keep your thoughts to yourself....no one is making you donate. The man has lost 2 children...get over your narrow minded thoughts.