Brit, 31, found dead in Bangkok hotel room

webfact

On 6/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, jossthaifarang said:

Travel insurance should be made compulsory, included in the cost of the flight tickets. That said, RIP another young life taken.

Over regulation nanny state. Airlines already pay a string of fees and have many requirements. They also offer limited insurance to cover flights. After that it's not their concern.

If someone is too lazy or cheap to buy insurance it's not the fault of airlines. It takes like 5 mins online to buy a policy.

On 6/15/2018 at 7:20 AM, InMyShadow said:

Not all family's are devistated  by the loss of a member. 

I wasn't and with good reason 

Go fund me can be abused. What happens to the 50k left over after the funeral?? 

Open to scammers and opportunists.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:17 AM, Justfine said:

Over regulation nanny state. Airlines already pay a string of fees and have many requirements. They also offer limited insurance to cover flights. After that it's not their concern.

If someone is too lazy or cheap to buy insurance it's not the fault of airlines. It takes like 5 mins online to buy a policy.

You misunderstand, I didn't say it was the airlines fault, but if it was included in the ticket then the tight arse's would have no choice and everyone would be insured? It's not the airlines fault when someone shows up in a country without the right visa, but I'm pretty sure they check and wont let you check in if you don't have one. Just as easy doing it with the insurance was my point. 

On 6/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, alfalfa19 said:

I pity this man.  I have heard that there's no worse pain than to lose a child. 

Try having two US Marines in uniform show up at your home and  tell you that your 20 year old first-born son was killed in combat in Iraq.  Then drive to your Thai wife's workplace and tell her that her boy is dead.  That about killed me.  The screams, over and over and over again ...  Hardest thing I ever did in my life.

If something happens to our younger son, someone please shoot me before I have to tell her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Wow, Einstein, you know my life so well, have you been stalking me again sweet cheeks ?. You really are such a ray of sunshine first thing in the morning, I bet your a real lady’s man down at the local bingo hall.

Why don’t you enlighten all of us low life losers here in Thailand as to where your nirvana is? Come on now don’t be shy, type your reply quickly before you dribble your snap crackle and pop onto your keyboard. 

As I recall, he's now a Hong Kong-based expat.  Which makes it all that more laughable for him to indiscriminately insult any and all Thai-based expats.  I turned down a job offer in HK many years ago, choosing instead to become a US-based expat (which I still am).

Why?  The expat community in HK was the most cliquey, self-righteous and snobbish bunch I've ever experienced.  And even at the major British multi-national where I was offered a job, I was warned that the folks typically did not bother flushing the toilet in the swanky offices!  Which makes him calling Thailand 'Land of Sh* t' all the more hypocritical 555

Seriously though, his willingness to hurl insults at anyone who identifies themselves as a Thai-based expat makes we wonder if he hasn't been permanently mentally damaged by the scam perpetrated upon him by fellow expats.  I hope he will reach out for professional help, rather than just continue insulting the law-abiding expats on this forum.

Edited by mgthom63
  • Like 1