What is the difference between the orange and blue salt bags from TRS

CharlyP

What is the difference between the orange and blue salt bags from TRS.
many shops sell the oranges and say is ok.
other shops say you just have to take the blue ones because the oranges would damage the clorinator.
What are the current good prices for a 25 kilo sack orange or blue?
I found price from 150 to 240 bath exclude transport.

Thank you very much

The only difference I can see is the moisture content, so with the blue you will get slightly more actual salt (and less water).

We get the blue bags at 100 Baht a pop from our local TRS agent, we only buy small quantities which they won't deliver. Five bags in the back of the pickup, 500 Baht cash. Receipt? What receipt?

35 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The only difference I can see is the moisture content, so with the blue you will get slightly more actual salt (and less water).

We get the blue bags at 100 Baht a pop from our local TRS agent, we only buy small quantities which they won't deliver. Five bags in the back of the pickup, 500 Baht cash. Receipt? What receipt?

Haha.  For better or for worse, one has to stand back and marvel at the Thai "systems" now and then.  Frustrating, inefficient, slow, illogical and irrational to the western mind, maddingly  frustrating sometimes.  But the girls really are cute, the ladies speak in soothing calm descending tones (usually), and there are some wonderful people there.

When I first saw the blue bags I was told they contain pool stabiliser i.e. cyanuric acid which helps prevent UV rays from "eating" chlorine thus your salt chlorinator will not have to run as long once enough stabiliser has built up in your pool.

Absolutely no difference.

They both come from the same mine in Issan by TRS!

We actually contemplated doing this our selves 10 odd yrs ago, but didn't get around to it.

Clever marketing by TRS!!

Cheers

3 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Absolutely no difference.

They both come from the same mine in Issan by TRS!

We actually contemplated doing this our selves 10 odd yrs ago, but didn't get around to it.

Clever marketing by TRS!!

Cheers

I meant to say "except the price" ??

On 6/7/2018 at 5:16 AM, Crossy said:

Thank you for the fast und good information.
where do you live and could you possibly get the bags delivered. Even if it costs twice the price, it would be even cheaper than here in Rayong.
Cheapest price is now 225 baht for self-pickup.

Previous topic talks about sourcing and price of TRS Salt.

The number I have for TRS Salt in my phone is 0223689628. I think it's the number of the factory marketing department, who will give you contact details for your local regional TRS distributor. You'll need a Thai speaker to make the call. Then you can find out if one of your local distributors is as flexible on small quantities as is Crossy's! 100 baht a pop is a steal. Last delivery I got one year ago was a minimum order of 3 tonnes and the price was more like 110 baht a bag. I could have waited an indeterminate amount of time to get a split order when the distributor had orders form others in my part of my region.

6 hours ago, CharlyP said:

Thank you for the fast und good information.
where do you live and could you possibly get the bags delivered. Even if it costs twice the price, it would be even cheaper than here in Rayong.
Cheapest price is now 225 baht for self-pickup.

We are in Ban Pathum northern BKK. Our local agent is in Rangsit, about 20km away, we are often in the area shopping anyway so an occasional diversion is no issue.

He won't deliver less than a ton which would last us about 100 years.

• 5 months later...

Pool salt: The  wholesale price for commercial customers of the TRS salt in the blue bag, collected directly from the sales office at  the mine in  Phi Mai is THB 107.00 per 25 Kg  bag. They  will  deliver free in  their area, for  example to Nong Bua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nakhon Ratchasima, etc, for a truck load of  340 bags or more.

Traditional pool shops naturally have to make some profit on it. Some sell  more expensively  than others. For pool owners living a long  way  from  a distributor or retail outlet would be able to  buy  online, but  the transportation costs can often be as mch again as the product.

In  some cases however, the  cost  of the product plus shipping may still work out to be no more expensive than some of the higher priced local pool stores.

Typical shipping  costs from an online pool shop by Thai Parcels Co  are THB7.00  to  10.00 per kilo depending on distance. Express services such as Kerry  Express won't take it.

Archived