Phuket Immigration - update certificate of residence

nabbie

3 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

When you fill in your arrival card at immigration you fill in the address where you will be staying. The io inputs this info nto the computer. 

Wby would you dupicate this by going to to immigration again to fill out a tm 30

Because that is not proof of residence

5 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

When you fill in your arrival card at immigration you fill in the address where you will be staying. The io inputs this info nto the computer. 

Wby would you dupicate this by going to to immigration again to fill out a tm 30

Very simple, Because TIT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Badrabbit said:

Did my 90 day in the week no problem, no mention of reporting my address yet again!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good to hear.

I wasn't paying enough attention as 1) I have dogs, so am unable to travel and 2) I pay an agent to deal with these things on my behalf - so (shame-faced), I only have to worry myself with the Immigration offices latest requirements when extending my retirement 'visa'....

Good to hear.

I wasn't paying enough attention as 1) I have dogs, so am unable to travel and 2) I pay an agent to deal with these things on my behalf - so (shame-faced), I only have to worry myself with the Immigration offices latest requirements when extending my retirement 'visa'....
If you do what you are supposed to do you will never have a problem here, I'm problem free after 9 yrs so far, may it continue.

28 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

A friend of mine has also 'reported' that Phuket Immigration are now demanding proof of residence within 24 hours of returning here, and (if I understood correctly), for 90 day reports.

Officially the Address Registration should be done within 24 Hrs of returning back at your address.

As mentioned before it depends of the interaction you have with Phuket immigration if they enforce this or not.

90 Day reporting is due 90 days after returning back into the country.

Two complete different things.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, merijn said:

Just trying to clarify some things:

ADDRESS REGISTRATION.

The requirements as mentioned by the original poster is for the Address Registration.

This has officially to be done/updated within 24 Hrs whenever your address is changed. (return back to Thailand or after a hotel stay etc)

Although this address registration update is not always enforced by the IO when doing for example a extension based on retirement as long the address is not changed.

No fee

90 DAY REPORTING

This has to be done every 90 days after receiving your initial extension or after returning back into the country.

( this 90 day reporting is sometimes also updated by the IO when doing a new extension)

For doing this no extra paperwork is required except your passport and a (up to date) address registration slip in your passport.

No Fee

PROOF OF RESIDENCE

This Proof Of Residence certificate can be required when using other government agencies like doing you Thai DL or registering a motorbike or car for example.

This certificate is not required for doing immigration activities.

Officially no fee but they can try.

THats nice and clear.

Just to add - the paper that will appear in your passport as a result of completing Number One is titled "Receipt of Notification". ( Or at least thats what was stapled into mine ).

When I received my checklist of what to present to Phuket Immigration within "about" 24hrs of returning from overseas, there was no mention of a Power of Attorney and tax stamps , so that is , in my view , a new addition.

God knows how  difficult it must be  for some TV members to  contact their landlords who live in the capital or overseas etc...

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

A friend of mine has also 'reported' that Phuket Immigration are now demanding proof of residence within 24 hours of returning here, and (if I understood correctly), for 90 day reports.

Only required  for when returning from Overseas , not 90 day reports.

They were clear it didnt matter if you were travelling within Thailand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

THats nice and clear.

Just to add - the paper that will appear in your passport as a result of completing Number One is titled "Receipt of Notification". ( Or at least thats what was stapled into mine ).

When I received my checklist of what to present to Phuket Immigration within "about" 24hrs of returning from overseas, there was no mention of a Power of Attorney and tax stamps , so that is , in my view , a new addition.

God knows how  difficult it must be  for some TV members to  contact their landlords who live in the capital or overseas etc...

The Power of Attorney paper with the tax stamps is only required if the person is doing the address registration himself without the land owner present.

This was introduced some time ago.

8 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

A logical question most of us have pondered.

The Answer?

They said so and they make the rules.

As an aside ... I have asked twice at Phuket airport on re-entering if I need to report to an IO within 24 hours and they appeared not to know what I was talking about ..

21 minutes ago, merijn said:

The Power of Attorney paper with the tax stamps is only required if the person is doing the address registration himself without the land owner present.

This was introduced some time ago.

My 'requirements' slip was given me at Phuket Immigration  3 months back and it does not include the PoA and tax stamp requirements. ( It required 2 photos back then ) .  I had said my aged landlord was incapable. My buddy went in around 2 weeks later and his checklist had the  PoA/stamp addendum on it. So afaIk , it changed.

Edited by zaZa9

1 hour ago, merijn said:

Officially the Address Registration should be done within 24 Hrs of returning back at your address.

As mentioned before it depends of the interaction you have with Phuket immigration if they enforce this or not.

90 Day reporting is due 90 days after returning back into the country.

Two complete different things.

"Officially the Address Registration should be done within 24 Hrs of returning back at your address."

So you confirm that it's necessary to go to the Phuket Immigration office with proof of residence within 24 hours?

I'm losing 'track' and only 'going by' what I've heard!

Just now, Badrabbit said:

I am 100% confused with all the different posts, I report my address myself, never given this stamp thingy, why can't it all be simple!

The sooner you give up on the idea that it will be 'simple' the better.  The 'rules' constantly change.

Which is why I decided that paying an agent a large amount of money to deal with this on my behalf was better for my stress levels.

In 2017 Immigration were concentrating on 'proof of residence'.  Frightening (even though I was paying an agent) as I was reliant on my landlord (who lives elsewhere) to provide the necessary documentation - which, understandably, took a while.

This year, it was all about money - which was easy.

Apparently, they're now concentrating on 'proof of residence' again!

So many people I know have left (or are planning to leave) because they're tired of the BS in various ways ☹️.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Officially the Address Registration should be done within 24 Hrs of returning back at your address."

So you confirm that it's necessary to go to the Phuket Immigration office with proof of residence within 24 hours?

I'm talking about Address Registration.

For this you need the house book,  house owner paperwork etc etc as mentioned in previous posts.

Proof of Residence certificate is something else and is used to supply to other government agencies in case you get a Thai DL or do a Car registration for example.

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can confirm that .

You can be sure by going and asking them , as I did.

Very odd and somewhat interesting. It seems like as others have said they make it up as they go along, or don't know you. 

My address registration for my one year extension was first required in 2015, never saw that form the first 10 years of doing retirement extensions, so I dealt with it. Since then, because of my wife's US Green card I had my extensions expire while out of the country and came back with a new O visa, twice. I have extended those without doing a new TM 30. I still have the receipt of notification from 2015 in my passport. We arrived back at our house here in March this year and I extended my visa for another year in late April.

I brought everything to do a new TM 30, but the copy of the old receipt was no problem, it was still correct in their computer data base. I was there maybe 10 minutes, sign here, put your phone number here, pay 1,900 Baht and go sit there to get your photo taken. New 90 day slip as is the new practice was included. But it took about an hour to get a new re-entry permit the next day when I picked up my passport. As I said to the I/O, see you next year! I'll do my next 90 day report online in July. 

13 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Very odd and somewhat interesting. It seems like as others have said they make it up as they go along, or don't know you. 

My address registration for my one year extension was first required in 2015, never saw that form the first 10 years of doing retirement extensions, so I dealt with it. Since then, because of my wife's US Green card I had my extensions expire while out of the country and came back with a new O visa, twice. I have extended those without doing a new TM 30. I still have the receipt of notification from 2015 in my passport. We arrived back at our house here in March this year and I extended my visa for another year in late April.

I brought everything to do a new TM 30, but the copy of the old receipt was no problem, it was still correct in their computer data base. I was there maybe 10 minutes, sign here, put your phone number here, pay 1,900 Baht and go sit there to get your photo taken. New 90 day slip as is the new practice was included. But it took about an hour to get a new re-entry permit the next day when I picked up my passport. As I said to the I/O, see you next year! I'll do my next 90 day report online in July. 

Did you do the extension based on retirement ?

If so the IO in the retirement section are indeed much more relaxed with he address registration ruling.

I'm only surprised that the re-entry permit guys did not make a fuzz about it.

And as mentioned before the address database is not always updated when leaving the country. 

It's a little bit a hit and miss exercise unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, merijn said:

Did you do the extension based on retirement ?

If so the IO in the retirement section are indeed much more relaxed with he address registration ruling.

I'm only surprised that the re-entry permit guys did not make a fuzz about it.

And as mentioned before the address database is not always updated when leaving the country. 

It's a little bit a hit and miss exercise unfortunately.

Yes, my extension is based on retirement and I know the guy and have all my paperwork together, so I am usually in and out of there pretty quickly. The re-entry guy was really quick too, it just took a while for the boss to sign it. My receipt of notification is still the original from 2015. The I/O officer in room 3 noticed it had the wrong house number. He asked what's your house number, crossed out the one printed on it and corrected it, then initialed it after checking the data base, which had the correct house number. Maybe they aren't too worried about us who have had the same address for over a decade and never have had an overstay and follow the rules? But kind of odd, when I have used a new visa, had new departure and arrival dates, new departure cards, etc... 

• 2 months later...

Update from me.

I did all as required on my return  from  O/S 92 days ago .

The only mistake I made was being 'caught short' by rain and , contrary to all that I knew , presented the papers at Patong.

I avoid the place like the plague , the main guy there charged me 1000 baht for a 'Proof of Residence' paper  that I needed so as to have a motorbike I bought in my name.

That  'handsome ' big talking young man  was there  again , and accepted all my paperwork , and simply pretended to process it.

(How low can you get ?)

So when I presented to Phuket Town for my 90 day report ( 2 days ago )  , they checked the computers and found nothing had been entered about my 24 hour report .

They were too understanding to not know who I was complaining about ....

Any way .

All fixed by the Phuket Town crew with a minimum of fuss ... no fines either...

A report from me: an immigration "assistant" at son's school was asserting that online TM30 (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online) is a __sufficient__ proof of residence (as a screenshot) and getting "Proof of residence" paper at immigration office is no longer required. 

In disbelief, I registered myself online (via the link above), made a screenshot and went to Patong Immi (brought along my passport + filled TM30 paper form + stat declaration + tabien baan + owner's ID copy, just in case). To my surprise, the lady in the immi office also said that online registration is enough and simply refused to process my papers.

Bear in mind, it's the same lady that asked me to update my "proof of residence" paper slip a month ago (even though my address did not change for last 5 years). 

So, I assume as long as you register yourself online (cannot trust anyone else to do so, and it literally takes 30 seconds if using XLS file method), you're in the system and there's no need for extra footwork. 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:03 PM, andreww said:

A report from me: an immigration "assistant" at son's school was asserting that online TM30 (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online) is a __sufficient__ proof of residence (as a screenshot) and getting "Proof of residence" paper at immigration office is no longer required. 

In disbelief, I registered myself online (via the link above), made a screenshot and went to Patong Immi (brought along my passport + filled TM30 paper form + stat declaration + tabien baan + owner's ID copy, just in case). To my surprise, the lady in the immi office also said that online registration is enough and simply refused to process my papers.

Bear in mind, it's the same lady that asked me to update my "proof of residence" paper slip a month ago (even though my address did not change for last 5 years). 

So, I assume as long as you register yourself online (cannot trust anyone else to do so, and it literally takes 30 seconds if using XLS file method), you're in the system and there's no need for extra footwork. 

Not sure why it is such a surprise I did it a while ago and posted about the experience.

This is what happens when there are too many threads about the same subject. 

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Not sure why it is such a surprise I did it a while ago and posted about the experience.

This is what happens when there are too many threads about the same subject. 

sorry, but this topic came up when searching for correct terms, and was more up to date it seemed, so I posted here

Edited by andreww