TM30 explained for landlords and tenants

34 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

They will in the near future be asking travellers leaving the country why the TM30 has not been completed. This information is available on their computer terminal and linked to your passport and to the NEW design arrival/departure card and to every immigration point throughout Thailand.

Source for this? This doesn't make any sense

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you give us some background on how come to claim  to have such information - 

26 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

They will in the near future be asking travellers leaving the country why the TM30 has not been completed.

How do you know?

In your other thread regarding Hotel raids etc I noticed you used the phrase 

We encourage anyone............

Who's we?

This may be the letter of the law but already interpretation reported in some offices is that this is not the case "For other foreigners, maybe living here or staying longer periods."

33 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

you do not have to do it again. Until you stay somewhere else, even for a night

• Like 1

The point of all of this is what? when they can have records going back decades of expats living at the same address why is it necessary, after completing an arrival card with the address on  (yet again) to turn up within 24 hours and tell them all over again? It is rather annoying that many of us have to report our address over and over which can be a house or condo we paid for, and where we have been for years without moving. IMO it's madness, but they must have a valid reason for suddenly implementing it over the past year or so. Got fined today for not doing it and was told have to redo every time you re enter the kingdom, within 24 hours with a weeks grace.

Anyone know how to report it online?

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I have been on a retirement extension for years, went in today to renew and was fined for not filling out this TM30, your time will come I expect

You are probably right, mind you I haven't been back to the UK for 3 years and don't intend to.

26 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I have been on a retirement extension for years, went in today to renew and was fined for not filling out this TM30, your time will come I expect

Which Immigration office please?

Just now, moana said:

Is it really necessary to go to immigration and fill out a TM30 when returning to Thailand? The TM6 we fill out when entering includes an address in Thailand.

Apparently it now is, I brought up the TM6 but that is not enough it seems. I must say the officer we saw was very patient and professional in explaining it all.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

As you have read his other thread already, you certainly noticed he never give any source, any name or any link. He just copy other articles from Facebook posts, regardless of theem being news or rumour. :whistling:

There are many things false in his OP of this thread. By example :

> A TM30 is required to be completed within 24 hours of arrival at whichever building a foreigner is staying in. This applies to ALL foreigners regardless of, if they are visiting Thailand for a short holiday, or if they are living here more permanently.

False. Jomtien refuses TM30 of people living here on Retirement extension. (They refused mine)

Retirement, no - the retirement-desk handles agent-submitted (extra fee) applications from all over Thailand, and is flush with cash, so seem to leave retirees alone. 

But, if you are applying for a Thai-family-based extension, or if you need to extend a tourist-type entry (visa or exempt), you will need to have a TM-30 (and possibly pay a fine) to get service.

> They are now asking for your TM30 when you report to immigration for your 90 day report, which obviously only applies to long stay visitors. 

False again. I made many 90-Days reports without any TM30

Enforcement varies by immigration office, and sometimes by "which desk" in a particular office (in Jomtien).  At Chang Wattana in Bangkok, TM-30s are not needed at all.  At other offices, expect a fine of 1600 or 2000 Baht (also depends on the office) if one was not submitted.

> Remember foreigners should carry their passport at all times according to Thai Law. 

False again. Many articles and speeches of high ranked Police officers on this subject. An official ID such as a Thai Driving Licence is enough.

This is a matter of enforcement - it is the law you should have it.  You are very unlikely to be arrested for not having it if you have a copy of the face-page and current permitted-stay stamp (which I keep on a laminated card and pics on my phone) - even less likely if you have a Thai drivers license.  But it is recommended that you have "easy access" to your passport, such that a friend or relative can bring it quickly if need-be.

My son, wife and two children will shortly be here for three days and two nights and will probable never visit Thailand again ... we are in Nonthaburi ... do we need to inform anyone?? They will stay at our home ... Their passports will be British and Spanish ...Will they need to give our address to Immigration at arrivals...I assume that they will get a VOA here  ...they are heading for The UK

Edited by JAS21

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

As you have read his other thread already, you certainly noticed he never give any source, any name or any link. He just copy other articles from Facebook posts, regardless of theem being news or rumour. :whistling:

There are many things false in his OP of this thread. By example :

> A TM30 is required to be completed within 24 hours of arrival at whichever building a foreigner is staying in. This applies to ALL foreigners regardless of, if they are visiting Thailand for a short holiday, or if they are living here more permanently.

False. Jomtien refuses TM30 of people living here on Retirement extension. (They refused mine)

> They are now asking for your TM30 when you report to immigration for your 90 day report, which obviously only applies to long stay visitors. 

False again. I made many 90-Days reports without any TM30

> Remember foreigners should carry their passport at all times according to Thai Law. 

False again. Many articles and speeches of high ranked Police officers on this subject. An official ID such as a Thai Driving Licence is enough.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you will find if you check with immigration my post is correct.

Not copied, just written by me.

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

The point of all of this is what? when they can have records going back decades of expats living at the same address why is it necessary, after completing an arrival card with the address on  (yet again) to turn up within 24 hours and tell them all over again? It is rather annoying that many of us have to report our address over and over which can be a house or condo we paid for, and where we have been for years without moving. IMO it's madness, but they must have a valid reason for suddenly implementing it over the past year or so. Got fined today for not doing it and was told have to redo every time you re enter the kingdom, within 24 hours with a weeks grace.

As far as we have been informed you are only able to report online with a registered business.

Please ask at your local immigration office as they vary.

13 hours ago, topt said:

Can you give us some background on how come to claim  to have such information - 

How do you know?

Who's we?

This may be the letter of the law but already interpretation reported in some offices is that this is not the case "For other foreigners, maybe living here or staying longer periods."

I am working with a number of people to try and shed some light on some laws that are already in existence but have in the past not been followed. Many of these laws are now starting to be enforced for many reasons. Some of the laws will affect a lot of people.

TM30, Hotel Act, Buildings & Land Tax, Condominium Act.

I fully understand if readers don't want to believe, but these are the laws and you should check to see if these things affect you or not.

12 hours ago, moana said:

Is it really necessary to go to immigration and fill out a TM30 when returning to Thailand? The TM6 we fill out when entering includes an address in Thailand.

Yes. The TM6 is not the same as a TM30

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

For what it's worth - and I am fully aware that the application of rules here changes with the direction of the wind and the time of day - that does not seem to apply in Jomtien if you live in your own condo, and you are on a retirement extension, and you are returning to your usual address.

Offices in the sticks seem to apply this rule much more stringently.

The law applies to all foreigners in the kingdom regardless of your visa or choice of accommodation.

A quick question at immigration will confirm for you.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Only registered companies can report online, we were informed.

13 hours ago, topt said:

How do you know?

Who's we?

Although officers have the right of discretion when dealing with different cases. The law is correct as I stated. It would depend which officer requests to see your TM30 and when. It will happen.

We are a number of people who are interested and researching a number of existing laws that are coming into effect, and some new laws and amendments that DO affect both residents and visitors to Thailand.

People also said I was a troll when I posted about a friend of mine that was fined 100,000 THB for smoking an e-cigarette from a market in Thailand. But, it is true.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

My son, wife and two children will shortly be here for three days and two nights and will probable never visit Thailand again ... we are in Nonthaburi ... do we need to inform anyone?? They will stay at our home ... Their passports will be British and Spanish ...Will they need to give our address to Immigration at arrivals...I assume that they will get a VOA here  ...they are heading for The UK

Yes. Legally you should visit your local immigration office and get TM30

Many people break the law in Thailand and think that it is not important. I agree, it is not important until you get caught.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

The law applies to all foreigners in the kingdom regardless of your visa or choice of accommodation.

A quick question at immigration will confirm for you.

I agree with you but interpretation does seem to be involved. My wife has an account with Rayong immigration (even has contact through line as well) so when I returned from a trip abroad in September, at my insistence because I had read the rules, she contacted Rayong immigration and they said it wasn't required. I'm here on a marriage extension.

• Thanks 1