Pattaya police round up ladyboys and another thief in two theft cases

webfact

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Does the exception make the rule? It does... at 7/11 close to my house there is a really nice ladyboy. But I still cannot bring myself around to calling him a she.

english language has to come up with a third person pronoun for transgenders such as "shim" ,unless "she" has already completed "her" transformation. Case closed!

Generalizations such as "most ladyboys  are thieves/criminals" can't be further from the truth. There is no data on ladyboy population  therefore claims such as " most ladyboys are thieves/prostitutes/criminals" without the knowledge of their population and percentages  is only speculation and  a pure discriminating  approach. Some of themdefinately are criminals but most of them can't be as only a very small percentage of any group of any nation get involved in crime.Most people are law abiding and peaceful.

My take on the headline:

As soon as I read it, I immediately thought "a very large group or ladyboys in Pattaya were rounded up" and I don't think I am the only one thought this way.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 10:52 AM, pattayadude said:

english language has to come up with a third person pronoun for transgenders such as "shim" ,unless "she" has already completed "her" transformation. Case closed!

Shim won't work....

"A shim is a thin and often tapered or wedged piece of material, used to fill small gaps or spaces between objects. Shims are typically used in order to support, adjust for better fit..."

Edited by lamyai3

On 6/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

niran condo sounds as a criminal hot spot there live meny criminals there last news from that place was about drugs 

And before that retired overstayers. On the upside, rents are cheap....

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

And before that retired overstayers. On the upside, rents are cheap....

Sorry if one lives there, but my observation of the place was that of a slum.

Rats and filth and bad smell everywhere.

Too bad the location is good, but I bet people get sick alot who live there.

And yes, rents are cheap.

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Shim won't work....

"A shim is a thin and often tapered or wedged piece of material, used to fill small gaps or spaces between objects. Shims are typically used in order to support, adjust for better fit..."

homonyms are words with more than one meaning. Many words with multiple meanings exist in the English language. Technically, almost every word has a multiple meaning.

Shim actually makes a perfect sense. It is the gender between two genders just like the shim between two metal pieces :coffee1:

9 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

homonyms are words with more than one meaning. Many words with multiple meanings exist in the English language. Technically, almost every word has a multiple meaning.

Shim actually makes a perfect sense. It is the gender between two genders just like the shim between two metal pieces :coffee1:

How about homonymph