Visa Run Company In Chiang Mai

lembit

hm.. that a good question .. since the new rule , i am not sure if Visa running company which hire driver and have a van running the border is still profitable for them to set this up .. since most people would had a 3 month touristic visa .

but is worth checking it out ..

maybe a long distance visa touristic service form chaingmai to Malaysia .

good luck

The only drawback is the need to get off the bus in Mai Sai quickly and run to the window to book the bus back - is it at 1.30pm?

Then the song taw to the border post, 5 baht and an hour spare to wander the shops. Better than the visa run bus that tries to give you no time over the border.

Hi, I was wondering if there still possible to go on a visa run with a company here in Chiang Mai?

Easier then rent a car or take the bus.

The 08:00 VIP bus from the Arcade Bus station gets you to Mai Sai around 12:15. Walk across the border, spend an hour or two shopping, and back to the bus station. You can purchase a round trip ticket in Chiang Mai, but be sure to specify that you want a seat in the 'single row.' More leg and shoulder room, especially if you take seat 1A. There is often a foot well there that gives you more leg room. The return VIP bus leaves Mai Sai at 15:15 and has you back in CM by 19:30.

Namkhong Travel (next to Daret's House on Chaiaphum Road) runs a mini-van every day at 10:00 to Chiang Khong where you can take a 20 baht boat across to the Lao side, get a visa on arrival (small late fee after 16:00) come back to the Thai side, and take the same mini-van back. This is more expensive than going to Mai Sai and get's you back to Chiang Mai later in the evening, but if you prefer a van to a bus (this bus is quite comfortable if you wear ear plugs and an a blindfold,) you do have the option.

The Fly Fisherman

Namkhong Travel (next to Daret's House on Chaiaphum Road) runs a mini-van every day at 10:00 to Chiang Khong where you can take a 20 baht boat across to the Lao side, get a visa on arrival (small late fee after 16:00) come back to the Thai side, and take the same mini-van back. This is more expensive than going to Mai Sai and get's you back to Chiang Mai later in the evening, but if you prefer a van to a bus (this bus is quite comfortable if you wear ear plugs and an a blindfold,) you do have the option.

I believe NamKhong Travel still offers to get your visa stamped 'for you'. This service isn't cheap at 2,000 baht, but very convenient. :o

I believe NamKhong Travel still offers to get your visa stamped 'for you'. This service isn't cheap at 2,000 baht, but very convenient. :o

They haven't offered this service in almost two years. As 'Old Friends,' they give me the van ride for free to make up for it. They will, however, get you a Lao visa before your trip if you wish, have a brand new hotel right on the river there, and offer good service all around if you want to make a more relaxed two day trip.

The Fly Fisherman

I believe NamKhong Travel still offers to get your visa stamped 'for you'. This service isn't cheap at 2,000 baht, but very convenient. :D

They haven't offered this service in almost two years. As 'Old Friends,' they give me the van ride for free to make up for it. They will, however, get you a Lao visa before your trip if you wish, have a brand new hotel right on the river there, and offer good service all around if you want to make a more relaxed two day trip.

The Fly Fisherman

Yep, you are right. I just checked with Panada (owner) and she said no... :o