Trying to work out logistics

Hello,..

I am trying to work out some logistics.

Wife has a Non B

Kids have a Non Ed

All are single entry.

I have them going back to the UK for a couple of weeks but the amount of baggage they will have to carry is terrible.

So I am thinking about changing the flights so they stop in BKK for a week then go off to the UK.

With the current single entry visa, are they able to the Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport?

It is feasible that I can change the plane tickets around so that we leave Guangzhou, stay in BKK for 5 days, get the reentry stamp, fly to London for 2 weeks, fly back to Thailand again?

Or is there something else I must do when they arrive.

At some point that visa needs to be extended onto a 1 year visa. But that can't happen straight away.

Thanks

Joe

20180609_090829.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, joe china said:

With the current single entry visa, are they able to the Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport?

Yes a re-entry permit can be obtained for the 90 day entry at Suvarnabhumi airport. The desk for them is located in immigration zone 2 after security.

8 minutes ago, joe china said:

It is feasible that I can change the plane tickets around so that we leave Guangzhou, stay in BKK for 5 days, get the reentry stamp, fly to London for 2 weeks, fly back to Thailand again?

Yes it is feasible to stay 5 days and get the re-entry permit. If you have time it might be best to get the re-entry permits at a immigration office to save time when leaving the country.

Thanks Joe. I appreciate that answer.

At what point do they need to apply for the visa extension? The school will do this for them.

I shall rearrange the flights on Monday with Thai Airways.

This will certainly make it all easier. They can carry two bags on the first leg, spend a week in Thailand and then travel light to the UK and return to Thailand 2 weeks later with the reentry permit.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, joe china said:

At what point do they need to apply for the visa extension? The school will do this for them.

The extension can be applied for during the last 30 days of their 90 day entry.

9 hours ago, joe china said:

....This will certainly make it all easier. They can carry two bags on the first leg, spend a week in Thailand and then travel light to the UK and return to Thailand 2 weeks later with the reentry permit....

all this for extra luggage?

mail a couple boxes from china and be done with it.

SAL will take about 3 weeks.

ask for "shui-lu-lu" (水陆路) at china post.

think about 250 rmb for 10kg.

i sent 8 boxes this way when moving here last year.

all arrived unopened by customs.

no customs fees, no questions.

• Like 1