Promenada -- Sunday, 10 June

JimGant

What in the world was going on at Promenada today? I got there about 1:30 for my weekly trip to Rimping, and the outdoor parking lot, normally completely empty, was full. And folks were streaming into the building, albeit I don't know to where, as the area around Rimping was the normal ho hum.

What did I miss, if anything?

It was because Jurassic World was playing in the cinema. According to a friend who works for SF, practically every screening for the past 4 days has been fully booked. We went hoping to get in to the 20:00 screening last night, but had to wait until 22:00 (which was also fully booked). The friend said that most families spent on average of 800-1000 Baht for this attraction.

Yes, every parking spot in the entire complex was in use the last 4 days. The people in the food court said it was the best business they have ever had. I noticed a queue of about 15 people trying to get into the Japanese restaurant next to KFC.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

Thank you. Jurassic World? Guess I'll have to Google that.

I'd suggest you congratulate yourself for your good taste in being oblivious to this latest bit of ersatz culture from COM (Corporate Occupied Mallburgerland).

A mind that is empty of trivia can, perhaps, hear the echoes of the eternal :)(:

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
alien abduction recovery
  • Like 2

Really?  Jurassic World?  Hubby said he made the mistake of seeing it on Saturday afternoon at Maya Mall because it was just about the only movie playing and he wished he'd read some reviews before wasting his time.  He said he should have just stayed home and watched the earlier installments which are now being trotted out on several satellite TV channels.