Trump says expects 'signing' after 'very good' talks with Kim

webfact

A person familiar with the working-level talks that set the final stage for Tuesday’s summit said the U.S. team had pushed for a commitment from Kim to denuclearize by 2020, when the next U.S. presidential election will be underway.

North Korea’s representatives balked at the demand for a deadline, the person said.

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-trump-summit-react-20180612-story.html

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

A person familiar with the working-level talks that set the final stage for Tuesday’s summit said the U.S. team had pushed for a commitment from Kim to denuclearize by 2020, when the next U.S. presidential election will be underway.

North Korea’s representatives balked at the demand for a deadline, the person said.

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-trump-summit-react-20180612-story.html

Not surprising. Regime preservation is the priority for both "trump" and Kim. 

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I wouldn't say bigoted, indifferent maybe. It's all just wilderness west of the Hudson after all.

I guess in that case they are different from you. Let me remind you of your words:

"With a mix of being overbearing and thugish and little regard for anything that happens outside of NYC"

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That is generally how people speak normally , informally.

Down play things , with a bit of humour thrown in .

Yes...I am really laughing myself to death, now!

I somehow overlooked the humor in Nuclear Missiles, Concentration Camps and a starving population!

I am so sorry...thanks for bringing the humorous side of all that to light for me!

This is so very amusing!

:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yes...I am really laughing myself to death, now!

I somehow overlooked the humor in Nuclear Missiles, Concentration Camps and a starving population!

I am so sorry...thanks for bringing the humorous side of all that to light for me!

This is so very amusing!

:coffee1:

He was having a little dig at Kim , calling his missiles "cannons" , downplaying them .

He wasnt making jokes about "concentration camps " and "starvation"

You just said that to write something derogatory about Trump , no doubt you have called him a liar in the past , and here you are saying untrue things about him!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He was having a little dig at Kim , calling his missiles "cannons" , downplaying them .

He wasnt making jokes about "concentration camps " and "starvation"

You just said that to write something derogatory about Trump , no doubt you have called him a liar in the past , and here you are saying untrue things about him!!!!!!!

Wow...you can not possibly be so thick!

That Trumsters like you keep finding this bumbling fool "entertaining" and "straight forward" is one of the greatest mysteries to me!

Okay...enjoy your chuckle about the brilliant jokes, Trump makes!

Good day!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

May want to make up your mind which proposition you're pushing - either this is a great success that need to be celebrated (complete with Trump adulation), or a first step on a long road.

So far, Trump seems to be out of step with (former?) allies, while giving (former) enemies a set of achievements.

Quite amazing that Trump supporters, so skeptical of the Iran Deal (a much more comprehensive agreement) suddenly find a "bullet points" to be spectacular.

I think you allude to the problem.  Every discussion breaks down into a pro and anti Trump name calling insult fest as opposed to actually discussing the issues. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

May want to make up your mind which proposition you're pushing - either this is a great success that need to be celebrated (complete with Trump adulation), or a first step on a long road.

Both .

It was a successful meeting and its the beginning of a new peaceful era 

• Sad 1

So far, Trump seems to be out of step with (former?) allies, while giving (former) enemies a set of achievements.

Quite amazing that Trump supporters, so skeptical of the Iran Deal (a much more comprehensive agreement) suddenly find a "bullet points" to be spectacular.

Yes it's hilarious. Imagine if Obama had decided to done exactly the same thing with Kim coming home with a vague BS document as "trump" did. Think about that one to the "trump" fans. Be honest. The republicans would be preparing a lynch mob and calling him a weak patsy that had given a lot for almost nothing.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it's hilarious. Imagine if Obama had decided to done exactly the same thing with Kim coming home with a vague BS document as "trump" did. Think about that one to the "trump" fans. Be honest. The republicans would be preparing a lynch mob and calling him a weak patsy that had given a lot for almost nothing.

Be honest?  On Thai Visa?  He would have been hailed as a conquering hero. The ratio of anti Trump to Trump is 13 to 1.  Management?  I don't know.  I don't think there are any Republicans in Thai Visa management are there? 

Edited by Rarebear

8 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

Be honest?  On Thai Visa?  He would have been hailed as a conquering hero. The ratio of anti Trump to Trump is 13 to 1.  Management?  I don't know.  I don't think there are any Republicans in Thai Visa management are there? 

For some of us, the world is a slightly larger place than thaivisa.com.

There are scads of "trump" fans posting here. Your comments about the management are trolling. Ignore. I was obviously talking about the general US political response not limited to this forum.

1 minute ago, Rarebear said:

But the posting and access is only on Thai Visa.  So I assumed if asked on Thai Visa it must refer to Thai Visa.

Really? You assumed that the follow sentence refered only to Thaivisa?

"The republicans would be preparing a lynch mob and calling him a weak patsy that had given a lot for almost nothing."

You really got to get out more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There are scads of "trump" fans posting here. Your comments about the management are trolling. Ignore. I was obviously talking about the general US political response not limited to this forum.

North Korean state media hails Kim-Trump summit success

6 anti Trump posts to no pro Trump posts. 

Why don't you try one?

Edited by Rarebear
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rarebear said:

North Korean state media hails Kim-Trump summit success

6 anti Trump posts to no pro Trump posts. 

Why don't you try one?

Are you seriously contending that the North Korean state media is a valid place to get information from? How long do you think it would have taken to clap the the editors into prison or worse if the headline ran:

Too soon to judge success of Kim-Trump summit

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I concur that you are right - everything you post is extremely obvious.

1 minute ago, ELVIS123456 said:

I concur that you are right - everything you post is extremely obvious.

If everything he posts is so obvious, why do right wingers repeatedly disagree with him?

Are you confessing to something about your powers of judgement?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was a successful meeting

Could you enumerate the successes, or point me to a post where you've already done so?  Because "successful" (in the sense of 'meeting preestablished goals and objectives') doesn't seem to fit.

• Like 1

The document signed by Trump and Kim was not “very comprehensive” but remarkably vague, leaving it open to interpretation and debate, compared to previous documents signed by North Korea. The statement said North Korea (officially the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or DPRK) committed to “work towards the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” The phrase is not defined and “toward” is rather weak.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/06/13/fact-checking-president-trumps-claims-about-the-north-korea-deal/?utm_term=.c874b1ab0f14

25 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Could you enumerate the successes, or point me to a post where you've already done so?  Because "successful" (in the sense of 'meeting preestablished goals and objectives') doesn't seem to fit.

Both previously warring factions came to an agreement about how to proceed peacefully in the future , the object of the meeting was to end the hostilities between the two Countries and come to a common agreement .

The meeting has paved the way for future meetings to bring a peaceful solution to the hostilities between NK and USA .

That meeting , the initial meeting was successful in that respect , although it remains to be seen whether the future meetings will also be successful .

WOW!  The guy is either completely delusional, or he lies thru his teeth with abandon like most people breathe. Based solely on what just happened in Singapore, NOBODY in the thinking world would believe that claim as of today.

Trump Says North Korea Poses No Nuclear Threat, Despite Weapons

via Bloomberg

President Donald Trump declared that North Korea no longer posed a nuclear threat, even though Kim Jong Un hasn’t committed to a timetable for giving up his regime’s weapons.

“Everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump said on Twitter Wednesday shortly after arriving back in Washington from his meetings in Singapore with Kim. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

Trump and Kim’s summit produced a historic handshake and a joint statement that committed North Korea to “complete denuclearization” without providing any details about how that would happen. The omission of the words “verifiable” and “irreversible” from the phrasing on denuclearization suggested North Korean resistance to Trump’s requests.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-13/trump-says-north-korea-poses-no-nuclear-threat-despite-weapons

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, Rarebear said:

I think you allude to the problem.  Every discussion breaks down into a pro and anti Trump name calling insult fest as opposed to actually discussing the issues. 

Nah, that would be you spinning it as being just about pro/con Trump.

I've posted pretty much the same back when the Iran Deal was starting to be a "thing", and some posters labeled it a "success". So I feel quite comfortable treating the above - at least when it comes to my posts, like the BS it is.

My comment was about this either being a first step, or a huge success. Can't have them both. I'm doubtful as to the former (but hopefully will be proven wrong), and reject the latter. More to do with temperament, and not much into taking all of Trump's statements at face value. Like it or not, the man's got a history.

• Like 1