• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 251

Are You A Sexpat Or Do You Ride The Backwards Morality Train?

2. 8

Thailand Live Sunday 13 October 2024

3. 45

Illegal land occupation

4. 251

5. 8

6. 8

7. 8

8. 0

University Student Dies After Collision with Truck in Chonburi

9. 0

Hotel Cleaner Arrested for Stealing From Guests in Patong

10. 251

11. 8

12. 0

AIS Prepay

13. 0

Police Raid Nonthaburi Karaoke Bar Catering to Vietnamese Nationals: Weapons & Drugs Seized

14. 25
    15. 8

Britain's May defuses revolt in parliament over Brexit plans

webfact

Just now, The Renegade said:

If you were British and voted, you would have known that there was no:

Carry on, you are a real HOOT 

Once again you return to your unfounded assumptions regarding my nationality- you have no idea what my nationality is.

I don’t share that information here on TVF.

Your fixation on my nationality is both unwelcome and unwarranted.

Away with you and the unhealthy fixations you have over strangers on the internet.

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again you return to your unfounded assumptions regarding my nationality- you have no idea what my nationality is.

I don’t share that information here on TVF.

Your fixation on my nationality is both unwelcome and unwarranted.

Away with you and the unhealthy fixations you have over strangers on the internet.

Surely you understand that knowing a person's nationality on a discussion topic such as this one gives that person's comments more context.

If we were discussing the price of beer your nationality would have no bearing on the conversation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aright said:
40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

He is supposed to use his conscience to vote in the BEST INTEREST of his constituents 

You mean like the democratic European Commission.

Yep - it seems some people just love being told what to do by people who 'know better'

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yep - it seems some people just love being told what to do by people who 'know better'

CG you have to remember it’s worth sacrificing everything else, from free speech to democracy, for the ultimate goal "The Project". Hence the pro-EU side’s ruthlessness, the increasingly successful attempts at stopping a meaningful Brexit, the support for Madrid’s obscene crushing of the pro-Catalan independence movement, and lately the rejection by the Italian president of a Eurosceptic finance minister, etc. etc..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aright said:

CG you have to remember it’s worth sacrificing everything else, from free speech to democracy, for the ultimate goal "The Project". Hence the pro-EU side’s ruthlessness, the increasingly successful attempts at stopping a meaningful Brexit, the support for Madrid’s obscene crushing of the pro-Catalan independence movement, and lately the rejection by the Italian president of a Eurosceptic finance minister, etc. etc..

You should read up a little on the Catalonians

The Italian president did a great job and Italy is now much calmer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes I was listening to LBC at the same time.  The ardent Brexiteer Ian Dale was chairing at the time, if I remember correctly. ?

But little mention of same complaints on the BBC, no doubt?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

British representative parliamentary democracy

Since you bring up the EU, their democracy is in many ways superior to ours.

I suppose it is if you believe that decisions affecting peoples (voters) lives are best taken by bureaucrats and unelected "experts"

Although you can't see it, the EU's architects never meant it to be a democracy

Watched Russia vs Saudi this arvo .Loved this

image.png.f8f9ad7603651dc4e74f4439f57b932a.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No, you're seeing us become increasingly agitated as the government fails to abide by the vote to leave.

Revolution comrades, is in the air.

"No, you're seeing us become increasingly agitated as the government fails to abide by the vote to leave."

Exactly!  I was unsure, so didn't vote - but am getting very annoyed at the way the brexit referendum result is slowly being turned into 'brexit in name only'.

It was expected (as I'm pretty sure I said when May was elected as PM), but that doesn't make it any the less annoying!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You know full well the highstreet is dying a death mainly because of the internet. Bricks & mortar retail businesses with rent and rates to pay cannot compete with online businesses.

Please don't tag Brexit to every bit of bad news.  It's disingenuous.

Please keep your comments in context. Show me where brexit appeared in the post I addressed which was about opinions, something you chose to ignore. Maybe I should have explained that action on the high street is the result of 'board' opinion.

OP

Oh good - we're back to opinions...

I'll never understand why so many immediately accept the opinion of others - as long as they support their opinion!

11 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Too true. The CEO of RR said brexit was bad for the company but brexiteers "know better".

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well there’s no plan for new trade deals either.

I don't believe there is any need for trade deals of any kind. Make it in the UK, or do without it.

We still have plenty of coal, oil, and natural gas and a lot of farm land.

More beer and bread, less wine and pasta.

I could live with that.

Edited by BritManToo