Thai woman gets eye liner pencil jammed in her EYE when taxi hits pick up

webfact

Thai woman gets eye liner pencil jammed in her EYE when taxi hits pick up

vfdvd.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A woman in Bangkok had to be rushed to hospital after getting her eye liner pencil jammed in her eye when the taxi she was travelling in was involved in an accident.

The unnamed woman had been applying makeup in the back of the taxi when it collided with a pick up truck near the Din Daeng intersection at 5.20pm on Tuesday evening.

When rescue workers arrived at the scene they found the woman almost the whole of the eye liner pencil lodged in her eye.

The woman, who was still conscious had blood coming from her nose. She had been travelling from Mo Chit bus terminal to Pratunam when the accident occured.

This morning Thai media reported that doctors had managed to safely remove the pencil and described the woman’s condition as stable.

The woman was expected to make a full recovery with no lasting damage to her eye, doctors said.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-13
  • Thanks 1

Yes, sometimes staying beautiful has its price..... Fortunately she wasn't on her phone but maybe she isn't one of those smartphone-using zombies as reported in an article here 4 days ago!! Imagine what could have happened to her then! Hope she recovers from it though.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, chakatee said:

driver damaged his left frontal sinus with his index finger?

Or break the index finger :biggrin:

And it happened, I remember a case where some celebrity broke his finger this way.

Don't stick/point anything to anywhere while driving, no sharp/pointed objects.

I does not need an accident. There are enough potholes in the country.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, outsider said:

Wow, she is really very, very lucky. So glad for her it was nothing worse. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

yeah! certainly brings on a decent pelvic floor sphincter 'moment'

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

He was unable to comment due to the cell phone stuck in his mouth.

but that at least would stop him from calling her, demanding compensation

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Yes, sometimes staying beautiful has its price..... Fortunately she wasn't on her phone but maybe she isn't one of those smartphone-using zombies as reported in an article here 4 days ago!! Imagine what could have happened to her then! Hope she recovers from it though.

As a passenger in a taxi what would the phone have done to her in the circumstances, got embedded in her eye?

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

Scary story. Does anyone know what kind of mandatory passenger insurance taxi´s in Thailand have?  And how can one spot, if the insurance is valid or expired, before entering the taxi?

Taxi insurance is super super low, 50,000 baht if your lucky enough the taxi your in, actually has it, not mandatory and I avoid them like a plaque and tell my friends to do the same, i.e. hire a car at the airport at least you know your covered or use the train or bus.