VIDEO: Backpacker rapping in Bangkok begs for plane ticket home

webfact

VIDEO: Backpacker rapping in Bangkok begs for plane ticket home

BKK.jpg

video screenshot

A video shared to social media showed a foreign backpacker begging outside Hua Mak stadium in Bangkok.

In the clip the unidentified man can be seen rapping to a backing track as he sits on the floor alongside his laptop and speaker while holding his smartphone. He also has a keyboard resting on his lap.

In front of him is a sign written in Thai which reads: “ticket back home”.

During the 22 second clip Thai people can be seen donating money and taking photos of the man.

The clip was uploaded to Facebook last Saturday where it has since been shared more than 2,400 times.

People commenting on the post were generally supportive, with some people offering to send him money and give him a ride to the airport!

The sight of western tourists begging in Thailand has become increasingly common.

Thai news and social media regularly features news on so called ‘begpackers’ begging for money in order to fund their travel.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-15

1 minute ago, skippy121 said:

actually he is begging near the market areaover the road from Ramkhamaeng 65 , I see this little prick everytime me and the gf go to buy salad from the market.

been there a long time now,  makes my cock itch seeing westerners begging here

When I worked in Amsterdam I bumped into an English guy almost daily for 6 months that walked the streets begging for money "for a flight home"....No shame in him at all....

• Sad 1

I hope that this thread is followed up so we can see his equipment improve over time and he eventually ends up with turntables, huge bass speakers and an ipad, and with a bit of luck he will soon have enough money to hire a stand-in rapper, who can actually rap.

• Like 2

I was always told the conditions of entry into Thailand are that you have to have a return ticket and enough funds to support yourself here. If he has no money he obviously blew it all on booze and women  ( or young boys ) , probably drugs too ... No sympathy for this little pri**, maybe he should go to a temple the monks have plenty of money 

If his ticket expired he could be here on overstay and deserves a room at the Bangkok Hilton 

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why was he allowed in without a return flight if this is real and not just a con

Been going to Thailand for twenty odd years and often without a return ticket as I use it as a starting point to go overland to other places in S.E.A.

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why was he allowed in without a return flight if this is real and not just a con

No need to have a return ticket if you enter on a tourist visa.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

My Thai wife has her own income, highly educated , has never worked in a bar and she looks 20 years younger than she is and she doesnt have to rap for money in the street for a ticket home to Issan

Your wife looks like a 5 year old?

• Haha 2