Friend from Myanmar Kicked Out of Her Room for Expired ID

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

If you read the posts, someone suggested I rent a condo for her. I said I was a little concerned that the TM30 might be an issue for me as I already fill one out for the house I rent and would need to do another for "her" condo. So irrelevant?

I understand she is an illegal immigrant without documentation. The last thing I would do is start putting her name and address on forms and giving them to Immigration. I feel that would be asking for unnecessary trouble and urge you not to do it.

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I understand she is an illegal immigrant without documentation. The last thing I would do is start putting her name and address on forms and giving them to Immigration. I feel that would be asking for unnecessary trouble and urge you not to do it.

Yep I have no intention to do it.

• Like 1

I have been trying to find out some information on this and have found a bit on the net. Apparently there is a new Certificate of Identity or CI being issued. However, as some have mentioned in previous posts, she is too late for this round. According to the Myanmar Consulate in Chiang Mai  applications were not being opened again until October and told her not to get into any trouble where the police could be involved.

I have just found an article on the net written in March about how the applications were being closed on the following Saturday (in March) and those who don't get the application in will not be allowed to stay and must return home. They state "Under the Alien Working Act, undocumented migrant employees will face repatriation with a fine of up to 50,000 baht (US$1599/K2.13 million) while employers will face a fine of between up  to 100,000 baht for each migrant."

I don't know how it applies in her situation and technically she is not working and I am not her employer but she is living with me and I am supporting her.

I know she is here illegally now and yesterday she is talking about returning to her home and staying with her father. I don't know the legalities of her getting home now and if she should cross the border, at an army post such as near Doi Angkhan where she crossed before. Very confusing and very worrying for her and myself.