Friend from Myanmar Kicked Out of Her Room for Expired ID

12 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I made the comment about being her employer tongue in cheek. She is my girlfriend and I have supported her and that is why she has not worked. Like I said it is important to her to have her correct paperwork and if I don't know I can't do.

you can do it on your own, ( you can even hire her as ur maid), BUT using an agent is much easier:-)

The agent i recommended to you handles thousands of Burmese workers/year

Edited by phuketrichard

Most people  post have assumed that she came here to work.
I commented about her being being a stateless person as the reason for her having the ID card in post #10. But got no replies about it.
Was she born here or came here with her parents when she was a child.

Sorry for no replies. Busy helping her move and now on holidays.

When I met her all she had was a copy of some type of work permit. After some time I helped her get her pink Non Thai ID. Apparently this has expired.

I thought she was from Myanmar but only recently she has told me her parents moved to Myanmar from China. So I said you are Chinese. No was the answer they can there from another country but she doesn’t know what country. Her mother is dead and her father lives in Myanmar. Believe me she is one very difficult to deal with and do anything for.

She came to Thailand alone. When she obtained her pink ID she had some jobs listed she could do but has not worked since as I have supported her.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

you can do it on your own, ( you can even hire her as ur maid), BUT using an agent is much easier:-)
The agent i recommended to you handles thousands of Burmese workers/year

Yes I agree with you an agent would be better. But she was told by a friend agent not doing now so she just gets angry when I suggest we go see an agent. Not an easy person to deal with.

I was busy helping her move now on a planned holiday so have not contacted the agent you suggested as yet but I will and thank you for th suggestion once again.

I will update you when I have contacted them.

If she is Chinese (with no genuine claim of Myanmar citizenship), the agent will not be able to help her legally. This may explain her reticence to deal with the authorities either directly or through an agent.

Remember many Chinese girls were never registered at birth due to the one-child policy. They don't exist and cannot get any form of ID in China.

• Like 1

If she is Chinese (with no genuine claim of Myanmar citizenship), the agent will not be able to help her legally. This may explain her reticence to deal with the authorities either directly or through an agent.

Remember many Chinese girls were never registered at birth due to the one-child policy. They don't exist and cannot get any form of ID in China.

Seriously sometimes I wonder if she even from this planet.

Who doesn’t remember where they were born?

27 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Who doesn’t remember where they were born?

Somebody who for years has been living on fake ID (and probably poor fake ID at that) in a country or countries where people without ID can be rounded up and deported / locked up / raped, etc without any recourse to justice. And thus has learnt to be very guarded when it comes to disclosing information regarding DOB, place of birth, education, parents' nationalities, etc. and extremely averse to dealing with government authorities. There is no shortage of such people in Thailand, Myanmar and China.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2018 at 4:13 PM, phuketrichard said:

many many Burmese are going back to Myanmar to get a passport to replace the pink id cards which are no longer issued and being phased out,

tell him/her to contact an agent,

PM sent for agent I use here in Phuket, she might be able to assist or know someone in CM

Finally got her to call the people in Phuket and she has to call back tomorrow to find out who to go and see. I called them last week but did not have much luck with the language barrier.

I am confused, she is very good at confusing people. Her Pink Non ID expires 26th May 2026 but whatever is written on the back (black on green) expired on the 31st March this year and the "reason" she was kicked out of her room.

Does any one know what is the green back part of the ID? 

It is really difficult for me. I take her to talk to someone and as soon as she is finished I ask her what was said......."I don't remember" is the usual reply or "I didn't understand" so our trip is usually in vain. Took about 2 years to get her Pink ID.

Today I managed to get her to call the number phuketrichard gave me (a minor miracle in itself getting her to do that). So I am hoping they can help.

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I am confused, she is very good at confusing people. Her Pink Non ID expires 26th May 2026 but whatever is written on the back (black on green) expired on the 31st March this year and the "reason" she was kicked out of her room.

Does any one know what is the green back part of the ID? 

It is really difficult for me. I take her to talk to someone and as soon as she is finished I ask her what was said......."I don't remember" is the usual reply or "I didn't understand" so our trip is usually in vain. Took about 2 years to get her Pink ID.

Today I managed to get her to call the number phuketrichard gave me (a minor miracle in itself getting her to do that). So I am hoping they can help.

The bit on the back is v. important. It gives the employers details usually and most importantly the date the holder of the card is permitted to stay until. The date the card holder can stay until is on a yellow background right at the bottom.

To be honest, Daz, I know you mean very well and I know you really want to help but these people live in a murky world of agents with contacts in the corrupt bureaucracy. People trafficking is NOT a pretty business. They, the aliens, can't do things legally because the law is designed to keep them out and the civil servants can do what they like. On top of that it sounds like you don't have a shared language you can go into detailed conversation about complex topics. Is it possible that you might be better not trying to push her to agents she knows might turn her into the authorities. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that. Don't take this the wrong way but these people know how to sort stuff out themselves and I'm not sure you do.

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The bit on the back is v. important. It gives the employers details usually and most importantly the date the holder of the card is permitted to stay until. The date the card holder can stay until is on a yellow background right at the bottom.

There in no yellow on the back but there is a date of 31st March 2018 so I assume that is the date she is allowed to stay until. So obviously she is illegal and the reason she was kicked out.

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

To be honest, Daz, I know you mean very well and I know you really want to help but these people live in a murky world of agents with contacts in the corrupt bureaucracy. People trafficking is NOT a pretty business. They, the aliens, can't do things legally because the law is designed to keep them out and the civil servants can do what they like. On top of that it sounds like you don't have a shared language you can go into detailed conversation about complex topics. Is it possible that you might be better not trying to push her to agents she knows might turn her into the authorities. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that. Don't take this the wrong way but these people know how to sort stuff out themselves and I'm not sure you do.

She has been ripped off by agents before. I know that probably most Thais don't like Myanmar people and try to get what they can from them. I had once in anger, but not meaning, said that I would turn her into immigration and get her sent home. She said she wasn't scared and I could do what I like. Now that she has been approached  by a Thai she IS scared and I can see that. She was also told by a friend at her apartment block that police have been around. I really don't know what to do and I honestly don't think she knows either. As I have mentioned before she is not very smart, and maybe I am not in helping her. Sometimes it would be easier if she was sent home.

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

She was also told by a friend at her apartment block that police have been around. I really don't know what to do and I honestly don't think she knows either. As I have mentioned before she is not very smart, and maybe I am not in helping her. Sometimes it would be easier if she was sent home.

Tell her to go home (to Myanmar) of her own accord , if the Police pick her up , they may deport her after IDC 

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Tell her to go home (to Myanmar) of her own accord , if the Police pick her up , they may deport her after IDC 

Yep, being trying to tell her that. Last time she crossed at an army border post at a small village called Baan Norlay near Doi Ang Khang. Offered to drive her to the post but for some reason she won't go.

What is IDC?

12 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Yep, being trying to tell her that. Last time she crossed at an army border post at a small village called Baan Norlay near Doi Ang Khang. Offered to drive her to the post but for some reason she won't go.

What is IDC?

It's alright telling her to go back to Myanmar. Daz hasn't even established she is originally from Myanmar. She may have no documents allowing her in to Myanmar and in addition, Myanmar has considerable internal travel restrictions for people without the right permits. Even if she does have documents to go to Myanmar, she may have had good reason to leave, e.g. rape by somebody in her family/village or just complete poverty or she knows she will be arrested. She may feel it is better to stay in Chiang Mai illegally than in Myanmar.

I went up Doi Ang Khang in the off-season. There were zero tourists there. There is an Army checkpoint and and several other security installations (border police, local police and so on) before you get to the crossing. The Army were happily torturing someone. They didn't seem too bothered that I and everyone else, i.e. villagers, could hear. It was also close to all these security installations that the rape and murder of an Australian couple occurred that was never solved. Not surprised she doesn't want to go there. I digress.

It seems she doesn't want to go to Myanmar. It seems she doesn't want to use a recommended agent. It seems she has survived illegally in Thailand for a considerable period without the well-intentioned help of an elderly Westerner. It is not known if she is Chinese or Myanmar or stateless. It is not known if she has any documentation to support any claim to nationality such as a Myanmar identity documents or a recognition by an authority she is stateless. With this almost complete lack of any relevant information combined with her reluctance to co-operate with Dazinoz or to explain her situation or reveal any further information, it seems apparent to me that it is pointless to try to proceed as the OP has zero information to work on.

The focus for the OP should be on her immediate needs. Shelter, food, living expenses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

With this almost complete lack of any relevant information combined with her reluctance to co-operate with Dazinoz or to explain her situation or reveal any further information, it seems apparent to me that it is pointless to try to proceed as the OP has zero information to work on.

You are probably correct but I will keep trying for awhile longer.

The focus for the OP should be on her immediate needs. Shelter, food, living expenses.

I am already doing that as she is living with me. I hope that does not put me in and danger from authorities is she is caught.

17 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Finally got her to call the people in Phuket and she has to call back tomorrow to find out who to go and see. I called them last week but did not have much luck with the language barrier.

She just phoned agent again. Yesterday they seemed to want to help, today no.

But thanks again for trying to help.

Took her to Myanmar consulate in Chaing Mai today. She was told they could not do anything for her because she does not have Myanmar ID and they (whoever they are) finished doing Pink ID and start again giving IDs in October. She was told to show her Thai motorcycle license and not to get into any trouble and to stay in ChIang Mai and wait until October to start new ID.

11 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Took her to Myanmar consulate in Chaing Mai today. She was told they could not do anything for her because she does not have Myanmar ID and they (whoever they are) finished doing Pink ID and start again giving IDs in October. She was told to show her Thai motorcycle license and not to get into any trouble and to stay in ChIang Mai and wait until October to start new ID.

Rent a new condo in your name and let her stay there 

People will assume she's your wife if nobody tells them otherwise 

On 6/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, Briggsy said:

It is difficult for ordinary Burmese to get a passport. It is not like the West or Thailand.

The majority of Burmese in Thailand are here without a passport legally. Border pass, employment papers, registration with the Labour Ministry, etc.

Its also painfully  slow, we got our staff boy  one it took them 9  months to do it.......................then he buggered off.........THANKS A  LOT pal

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Rent a new condo in your name and let her stay there 

People will assume she's your wife if nobody tells them otherwise 

I could possible forsee a problem with that with the TM30 which is enforced in Chiang Mai. I already rent a house so if I also rented a condo there could be a problem with my registered address. Not sure if their computer system smart enough or they are diligent enough to follow through.

Just now, Dazinoz said:

I could possible forsee a problem with that with the TM30 which is enforced in Chiang Mai. I already rent a house so if I also rented a condo there could be a problem with my registered address. Not sure if their computer system smart enough or they are diligent enough to follow through.

I meant live there together with her.... Not keep your current house as well

But I have a condo in bkk and another at the beach and they never questioned me about having two addresses

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

I meant live there together with her.... Not keep your current house as well

But I have a condo in bkk and another at the beach and they never questioned me about having two addresses

Oh ok, I have a dog I brought from Australia thats why I need a house. She is staying here now so same same.

Ok on the 2 addresses. How strict is Bkk on the TM30?

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

How strict is Bkk on the TM30?

Bangkok does not insist on the TM30 at all. Frankly, I am not sure why you are stressed out about the TM30. Worst case, if you are caught not doing the required notification, is an affordable fine.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Bangkok does not insist on the TM30 at all. Frankly, I am not sure why you are stressed out about the TM30. Worst case, if you are caught not doing the required notification, is an affordable fine.

Chiang Mai insists on it. I am NOT stressing about it. Someone suggested rent a room for her and I showed some concern about it, not stressed. Why is it that people always seems to take the worst of any post?

Edited by Dazinoz

Daz, who is filling out this hypothetical TM30? What will they write on the form as it requests passport details? Your girlfriend has no passport.

Your reference to TM30's seems irrelevant.

Daz, who is filling out this hypothetical TM30? What will they write on the form as it requests passport details? Your girlfriend has no passport.

Your reference to TM30's seems irrelevant.

If you read the posts, someone suggested I rent a condo for her. I said I was a little concerned that the TM30 might be an issue for me as I already fill one out for the house I rent and would need to do another for "her" condo. So irrelevant?

3 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

The owner of the house/condo needs to fill it in. And renewing extension based on retirement you need it in your passport to renew her in CM. If the owner of "her" condo did not submit one then no problem.

if she has no passport,  where would they place the TM 30 receipt?? Plus on the tm 30 they ask for name, natioailty passport #, visa type and #

and YES here in phuket Burmese need a TM 30 in their passports>>

Seems ur s#@t out of luck, have her stay with you till she is caught, deported back, Hire her thru an agent, get her a real Burmese passport/wp, health card &  2 year L-A visa,