Problems with current language school

speedemon

Has anyone every changed language schools on an ED visa? The current school I'm with has become increasingly unprofessional during the past 4 months since I begun studying there. The story has two incidents that involve school staff that anyone would see as grounds for relocating. I am very keen to learn the language but not in this environment. Anyones personal experience with similar situations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

@Rc2702 I live in Bangkok around Major Ratchayothin so commuting anywhere along MRT line is ideal. I'm learning for business relations but unable to commit to a full time(20+ hours/per week) schedule at the moment. The current school has me at  8 hours per week. Concerned with these three things.

1-The visa transfer process as I'm currently on a ED visa at the 4 month mark.

2-The cost incurred to relocate.

2-A positive learning environment.

Obviously some things cannot be concluded from the forum but any feedback on alternative schools and the transfer process is welcome @poanoi

Thanks all

• 11 months later...

is the AUA thai course any good? or is that the one you left,

I know the problems they can range from thinking their time is muych more important than yours meaning its ok to not turn up for the first 30 mins to boring the tits off

I go to The Knowledge near Asok BTS. They are quite professional, although they move very quickly and ciber much more material than what’s in the book. I’m not on ed visa but most students are, and they have a whole department for that. I’d ask them about your visa situation. In the past I attended Everyday Thai near Chong Nonsi. They were smaller, quite professional, but very strict–I couldn’t remember the vocabulary fast enough.

Yes, you can change your school but you have to let the new school do it.

The disadvantage of changing schools is that each school has a different syllabus and course content. There is no standard material for all schools so you have to assess yourself which level you are at in the new school.

You might want to consider Chiang Mai too if you can't find a good school in Bangkok.

Archived