Need Help, Thai Fonts Vs. Adobe Products

Tony Clifton

If I copy Thai text from a Thai website and paste it in MS OFFICE WORD 2003, no problem, the Thai text shows up. If I copy/paste Thai from a website into a PDF document, Thai text shows up as well.

If I copy Thai text from a Thai website or Thai PDF document and paste it in Adobe Illustrator CS or Photoshop CS, the Thai text then becomes question marks. I do have Thai fonts installed and Thai is also installed under Regional settings in the control panel (XP SP2). Same thing happens if I choose a Thai font and type in Photoshop or Illustrator, all question marks.

I've also tried copying the succesful Thai text from the word document and paste in in the Adobe software, question marks again.

Does anybody know why?

Searched on google but no help there...

Edited by Tony Clifton

If I copy Thai text from a Thai website and paste it in MS OFFICE WORD 2003, no problem, the Thai text shows up. If I copy/paste Thai from a website into a PDF document, Thai text shows up as well.

If I copy Thai text from a Thai website or Thai PDF document and paste it in Adobe Illustrator CS or Photoshop CS, the Thai text then becomes question marks. I do have Thai fonts installed and Thai is also installed under Regional settings in the control panel (XP SP2). Same thing happens if I choose a Thai font and type in Photoshop or Illustrator, all question marks.

I've also tried copying the succesful Thai text from the word document and paste in in the Adobe software, question marks again.

Does anybody know why?

Searched on google but no help there...

Adobe programs, particularly the new CS ones, don't accept all Thai fonts, but they don accept some. Try installing fonts with the DSN, DB or JAS prefixes and you should be OK.