Thai police arrest foreigner who robbed home of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

I’ll bet they won’t list the recovered items. 

I've seen the police report already:

Banknotes - various, assorted, property of housemaid

Watches - assorted, borrowed from various sources

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But the new phenomenon is the political crook who leeches billions and then screams it's all "political" when caught. They are getting even richer than footballers - 555 !

Hum ... who could you possibly be thinking of ... :coffee1: Does his name start with Thak and (so aptly) ends with sin ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Yann55 said:

Hum ... who could you possibly be thinking of ... :coffee1: Does his name start with Thak and (so aptly) ends with sin ?

555!

But it's a spreading world phenomenon. In 2017 the EU introduced legislation making it harder to charge politicians or so I've reliably been informed. In the UK several politicians are seemingly avoiding being really investigated for alleged sex offences and one is also been shown to be unusually rich but the police stopped questioning him because he didn't feel very well. They say it's not who he knows, but what he knows about who he knows that protects him. He's hated by the electorate but still gets voted in each election with a big majority. Go figure.

Also we had the current IMF head found guilty of corruption but the judge decided it merited no punishment, as he was allowed to. But she and the IMF simply shrugged it off.

Politicians and their elite political class have developed an immunity to scandal and the law. There was a time when a whiff of scandal meant career end. Not anymore. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I've seen the police report already:

Banknotes - various, assorted, property of housemaid

Watches - assorted, borrowed from various sources

Nay, one source only. A dead friend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

One thing I just don't understand, and I read about this all the time, is that when someone's arrested, be they Thai or a Farang, they seem to always confess! Why is that? Why would anyone confess to committing a crime like this? ?

A plasticbag over your head or getting in contact with a telephone book can be very convincing I heard.

• Like 1

A thief is a thief is a thief! If the man did indeed steal from others in accepted criminal fashion then he deserves punishment. This is a crime in most countries and I assume Thailand is no different. If he has broken the law (regardless to/from whom) then he should pay the consequences.