search folding multi panel patio doors (accordion)

notrub

Hi, 

I am looking for a supplier or manufacturer of multi paneled bi fold patio doors.  Also called accordion doors etc.  Pinterest has lots of examples.  We are in Ban Mai Chaiyaphot sort of near Buriram.to our south,  east of Nakhon Ratchasima and south of Khon Kaen. so a supplier from any of these areas would be best.  I understand it may be that we must source from BKK and that would be OK if nothing closer.   The opening is about 4 M wide and I currently have 8 - 45 cm (ish) solid wood panel folding doors but we have just built a pool so now glass would be a good to get if poss.  Sadly, I am not a wealthy man so cost will be a factor too.  Thanks in advance for any help and/or ideas.  

You dont say what you want the frames made of.

Aluminium is possible and gives a nice elegant finish but it is absurdly expensive here if you want the decent quality you get from imported frames. Three times the cost it would be in Europe seems to be par for the course, in spite of labour being many times more expensive there.

If you dont need to worry about draughts or heat transfer (ie if you dont use air-con) and just want a cheap solution then a local aluminium maker should be able to put together something for a low price, but dont expect it to be very air-tight or robust.

Thanks for your comment.  So far I have information from a company that makes stainless steel multiple panel folding/sliding doors.  This is the only supplier that I have heard of here.  The normal door companies look at you as if you have 2 heads when asked about this kind of door.  Pinterest has hundreds of examples of these doors and the variety is amazing.  I would like an anodized dark brown aluminum frame with about 8 panels around 45cm wide each to close off an opening of around 4 meters,  the height of the opening is around 3 meters but I would be happy with a fixed transom so any height available would be acceptable.  I would like to explore the different glass options but do not want mirrored glass.  We are looking for a bit of privacy without curtains and am open to any ideas.  I am not a wealthy man so cost is a factor.  Any suggestions of where I could start to look?  We are in Isaan but any Thai location would be fine.  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

I'm in Jomtien and have no idea about Isaan I'm afraid. But it seems to me that most regular aluminium/glass door/window places here could make you something suitable, so presumably they can do it there also.

As long as you accept local frames and regular glass (many tints are available) the cost should not be high. Double-glazing and imported frames would put the cost up a lot.

KittenKong.  I have not tried any shops except the one that supplied the windows when I built this house.  The owner had no idea about multi bifolds but maybe that was just him.  I will do a search around Buriram with pics from Pinterest  but I don't have any high hopes about this just now.  I would pay extra for special glass and I know there is a big wholesaler up here.  Thanks for the comment.  Any more ideas welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 7:33 AM, notrub said:

KittenKong.  I have not tried any shops except the one that supplied the windows when I built this house.  The owner had no idea about multi bifolds but maybe that was just him.  I will do a search around Buriram with pics from Pinterest  but I don't have any high hopes about this just now.  I would pay extra for special glass and I know there is a big wholesaler up here.  Thanks for the comment.  Any more ideas welcome.

Give PrimAsia a call they certainly do bifolds and almost certainly multi panel doors, they can source any kind of glass you want.

Thank you.  Is that Prime Asia?  Primasia seems to be a financial consulting firm or something - not windows.  I have just (5 min) sent an email to prime Asia and will see how that goes.  Thanks again