Trump orders creation of space-focused U.S. military branch

webfact

17 hours ago, bendejo said:

He is going to promote Capt. Picard to admiral and put him in charge.

George Lucas will become the SPACE FORCE cabinet secretary because of "all the good things he did."

Is this just a goofy idea, or something put in his simple-minded ear by the arms and aerospace lobbyists?

His "arms-length family" all invested heavily in arms and aerospace manufacturers the day before he made the announcement. Just coincidental timing of course !

10 minutes ago, neeray said:

His "arms-length family" all invested heavily in arms and aerospace manufacturers the day before he made the announcement. Just coincidental timing of course !

Lets add Insider training to the long list of potential crimes. It has resulted alone in some people being sent to jail for 25 years.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the government or the military should be involved in "mining operations"? Typically this sort of activity is left to private concerns. Now if said "space miners" ever try to unionize or strike then, yes, we'll need to send in the Space Force to kill them, assuming history repeats itself.

Would be nice to understand who planted this bug in his brain, and why they did it? Maybe it's something Eric has long dreamt of?

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Would be nice to understand who planted this bug in his brain

It could be devious:

• disrupt effectiveness of the military chain of command with a 4th Department of Defense
  • further expand the military budget (already increased to historical levels in 2017) with little to no significant benefits for years to come
  • divert the economy away from social programs to cause further social division and chaos

This destructive strategic plan might fit the likes of Stephen Bannon.

19 hours ago, neeray said:

Do you have a reference for this?  I'd like to pass it on.

• Like 1

Here's the full speech, cringe-worthy as usual. Love the look on Pence's face, and Mrs. McConnell's.

Of course he doesn't have the authority to create a new branch of the Military, but obviously Pencey's not going to tell him that.

7 hours ago, bendejo said:

Do you have a reference for this?  I'd like to pass it on.

Great idea to pass it on. But I was only speaking with sarcasm as I usually do with anything trump related. There are no facts to back up my sarcasm. (but who knows, I might be right)