Girl, 5, dies in locked car left in sun for hours at her school in Khon Kaen

webfact

Girl, 5, dies in locked car left in sun for hours

By The Nation

6ef6iff5aba8hedega5i5.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

A five-year-old girl died of suffocation in a car on Monday after being left in the locked vehicle for hours at her school in Khon Kaen.

A teacher picked up Kabinta Kehphuang from her home in the morning to take her to school because the kindergarten's bus was out of order.

However, she forgot the child was in the car when she arrived at the school and locked her car. She only remembered the child was still in the vehicle when she returned to her car after classes finished at 4.30pm.

A post mortem by the district hospital found that the girl died of suffocation as the car was left in sunlight throughout the day with all the windows closed.

The female teacher, whose name was withheld, teaches at Ban Cham Phuthong Kindergarten in Moo 1 village in Tambon Huay Muang in Phupha Man district.

The district chief, Phayung Lekdee, said the teacher picked up the girl from her home but somehow forgot her when she reached the school.

The teacher was in shock, the district chief added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348092

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-19
  • Sad 2

Here we have the forensic expert who knows ALL the details of this incident! Do you really believe this teacher left the child in the car on purpose???

Grab a brain before consulting the keyboard!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Same kind of tragedies happen all over the world.  It's not a Thai specific phenomena.  My folks found me sleeping in the back of the station wagon several hours after they couldn't find me and got the cops looking for me.  Thank goodness it was Chicago in the spring and I was more likely to freeze than die of the heat.

Did your parents as in this case forget you were in there 

• Like 2

Don't schoolteachers take an attendance record each morning? (used to be done morning and afternoon when I was at school).

Don't they contact a parent if a child is absent without an expanation?

How can a child be unaccounted for without some sort of investigation by the school?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Thats a matter of opinion my good man when you consider very carefully what this teacher is guilty of

It is a matter of opinion, of course, but I think you are letting the outcome cloud your judgement of the action. It is a tragic accident, but an accident none the less.