Which Thai banks for Thais going abroad?

When needing things like statements in English in support of visa application, some Thai banks are more useless than others.

My personal experience:

Bangkok Bank: best so far, even small branch can make a letter from the manager in English stating how much money you have in 'figures' (nothing too specific to be vulgar) and seem to know their way around what's needed for a Visa application, printed statements etc. All done within hours.

Siam Commercial Bank: Can do statement and bank letter, small branch not as clued in.

Krunsri: useless, they seem to have their own system of transliterating Thai names into latin character based on what's entered in Thai when opening accounts.  Wouldn't even correct mis transliterated Thai name in their system to match passport/ID card

Kasikorn: No bank letter but can do English statement but 1 day wait, they had to have corporate help out or something, 

What are your experiences when applying for visa for your spouse? 

Some countries like those that gets outsourced to VFS now accept photocopies of just the Bank book in Thai just fine right? but with the trend being about moving the actual decision and processing of application away from Bangkok, would the need for support documentation in English be more needed then? I've seen translation place that'll translate the bank book/statement for a fee but that seem excessive.

My wife has obtained a bank letter in English from Kasikorn, as have I, she's also got one from TMB.

On one occasion she had to return the following day with Kasikorn, other times they did it whilst she waited.

Kaskikorn have templates, as I imagine do they all, the staff just need to scroll through the list, we've found that it helps if you have a previous letter with you.

• Thanks 1