Polls point to strong backing among Thais for death penalty

webfact

On 6/21/2018 at 5:46 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

Jail should be open a rice farm or fruit farm, so that Thailand can make them work, and at least pay for the families of the criminals. It will increase food production, and income for the family of the criminal, also some savings after the criminal is released.

In this way the death penalty can be commuted to life time imprisonment and allow them to correct themselves.

Some argue death is good for crimes. In fact death is easy freedom for them. Rather punishment should be severe. No one is born to know when he is going die.

Criminals can be make work hard on open Agricultural fields, manual labors and should be allowed to speak to TV interviews, so that no should think about such crime again.

I totally agree with this.. they're spending so much money for the death row and any kind of care for them .. 

It should be opposite, they're the one who need provide alot of work to pay the victimes.

• Thanks 1

A lot of people believe in the death penalty. Me included. I do not see why a person who has committed a henious crime should be sent to jail at taxpayers expense to live out the rest of his life while the people that have endured his criminal activity try to live a normal life.!!! When a country sends a criminal to his maker they are not killing someone they are endorcing justice. As for the buddist religion not killing anything, that is a joke. What about all of the animals they kill main and injure for food. ALL religions are about 3 things and 3 things only  MONEY , POWER AND CONTROL OF THE POPULATION. Generally the people who give the most to these money making organisations are the people who can least afford it.!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

{snipped} ALL religions are about 3 things and 3 things only  MONEY , POWER AND CONTROL OF THE POPULATION. Generally the people who give the most to these money making organisations are the people who can least afford it.!!!

I might regret saying this: If the people giving the most are those who can least afford it, presumably they couldn't have afforded a good education either. Does that suggest they are more gullible to believing in a religion, due to a lack of critical thinking?

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Big difference kids are innocent. Adults have reason to kill when the law downs protect   

So at what age does someone lose their innocence? Sorry, I don’t see any difference.

If I understand correctly, you’re saying that an adult may have their own justifiable reasons to kill someone and that’s why they shouldn’t be put to death?

That’s entering a completely lawless society. I agree peadophiles should be put to death - but it should be done by the government (swiftly), not carried out randomly by a member of the public.

Edited by ncc1701d

2 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

So at what age does someone lose their innocence? Sorry, I don’t see any difference.

If I understand correctly, you’re saying that an adult may have their own justifiable reasons to kill someone and that’s why they shouldn’t be put to death?

That’s entering a completely lawless society. I agree peadophiles should be put to death - but it should be done by the government (swiftly), not carried out randomly by a member of the public.

I am talking about cases where you know someone raped you child but through a legal loop hole or lack of eveidence I believe case by case

ceimew against children definitely death penalty but evidence must be 100 % full proof 

as answering to your question I’ll let you decide what age a kid loses their innocence as I am only talking theory I don’t have powers to change laws

the new law about street fighting is worrying 

before 1 on 1 was just 500 Baht fine

now it’s 10,000 Baht or 1 month in prison or both then deported 

that’s more scarey as the evidence could just come down to someone’s word as to who started it   

• Like 1