Fleeing Thaksin hit with second arrest warrant

webfact

2 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Yes, but the Red Bull clown is also guilty, yet the government don't seem to be making much effort to get him back. Perhaps because the bribes have already been paid?

Oh. You don't think foreign governments know that Thailand is corrupt from the top to the bottom? Seriously?

Perhaps because he comes from one of the "elite" families which pull the strings in Thailand and are untouchable.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Perhaps because he comes from one of the "elite" families which pull the strings in Thailand and are untouchable.  

By 'elite', you presumably mean 'rich and happy to bribe the police'?

22 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

By 'elite', you presumably mean 'rich and happy to bribe the police'?

No. I mean he is from one of the families that do not need to bribe the police. They are one of the families that are in control of this country. One of the Thai oligarchs.  

Edited by GarryP

22 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Oh. You don't think foreign governments know that Thailand is corrupt from the top to the bottom? Seriously?

Never said anything about that. Of course other governments know that, both during Thaksin's era and right up to the present day.

But what's that got to do with the issue at hand? He most certainly is guilty of what he's accused of in those several major cases. And the fact the current regime hasn't done much with the Red Bull guy or the spaceship monk or anyone else doesn't change the fact he's guilty.

But in the end, Thaksin's just going to end up in the same place as all the others -- "wanted" at home but free as a bird abroad, with any country they're likely to visit/stay being unlikely to ever extradite them to the current regime, even if that regime was actually seriously trying to accomplish that end.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Never said anything about that. Of course other governments know that, both during Thaksin's era and right up to the present day.

But what's that got to do with the issue at hand? He most certainly is guilty of what he's accused of in those several major cases. And the fact the current regime hasn't done much with the Red Bull guy or the spaceship monk or anyone else doesn't change the fact he's guilty.

But in the end, Thaksin's just going to end up in the same place as all the others -- "wanted" at home but free as a bird abroad, with any country they're likely to visit/stay being unlikely to ever extradite them to the current regime, even if that regime was actually seriously trying to accomplish that end.

Corruption is always relevant where governments are concerned. though I accept  you don't think so. We just are not in agreement.

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

No. I mean he is from one of the families that do not need to bribe the police. They are one of the families that are in control of this country. One of the Thai oligarchs.  

Hmmm. I acknowledge the distinction, but sooner or later it comes down to money or favours, oligarchs or not.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

No it is not accurate.  He was at A UN conference when he was overthrown.

He then returned about 18 months later and again left the country openly.  He then refused to return.

Yea, you haven’t bothered to follow the thread. We aren’t talking about when Thaksin was overthrown in the coup.

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, you haven’t bothered to follow the thread. We aren’t talking about when Thaksin was overthrown in the coup.

You may have gone off topic now but page one was discussing fleeing and the initial overthrow that is what I was responding to without quoting all the relevant/irrelevant bits.   

14 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You may have gone off topic now but page one was discussing fleeing and the initial overthrow that is what I was responding to without quoting all the relevant/irrelevant bits.   

Well quote on that then.

I was quoting someone who said he fled in 2008. That’s how quoting works. You quoting me on something I wasn’t talking about makes no sense. Read people’s posts and keep it relevant. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well quote on that then.

I was quoting someone who said he fled in 2008. That’s how quoting works. You quoting me on something I wasn’t talking about makes no sense. Read people’s posts and keep it relevant. 

Ditto.

34 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

image.png.9174f5266dd827810867186b1f94802e.png

I like your selfie! 

What was your little trophy for?  It certainly wasn't intellect. 

What does the phrase in the meme have in relation to the discussion about Thaksin NOT fleeing when he was NOT in country.  It is an oxymoron, he could not do both?

How about letting the good folks on this forum get back on track and let them enjoy the main discussion without your asinine inaccurate digressions?

Edited by scottiejohn

28 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I like your selfie! 

What was your little trophy for?  It certainly wasn't intellect. 

What does the phrase in the meme have in relation to the discussion about Thaksin NOT fleeing when he was NOT in country.  It is an oxymoron, he could not do both?

How about letting the good folks on this forum get back on track and let them enjoy the main discussion without your asinine inaccurate digressions?

*bite