Bangkok To The Usa

aussiestyle1983

We will be going across the pacific to the US in June, but we are loking to book now. We have seen afew good deals but they are all on airlines that we have not flown yet. We are on a budget as we will be moving to Australia to live after this trip, so we will be flying whatever airline has the best deal, and it loks like it will be either China or EVA. We will fly regular economy class and it looks like both airlines use the 747-400 from Taipae to LA. Do the seats in the China and EVA airlines 747-400 have personal video displyas or not yet? Any info would be apprieciated.

China Airlines do not have inflight entertainment on the seat back. EVA on the otherhand do on some flights but it's a hit or miss. Only guaranteed airline to USA with seatback entertainment from BKK would be Singapore Airlines via Singapore. Check with airline direct as you may be surprised as they have very competitive prices.

China Airlines and EVA both have back seat TV's with movies on demand and they are in use on US to Asia flights. In the old days they did not, but now they do.

That is good to here.

I found a deal to good to be true with EVA so im now booked on EVA, the flights not for afew months but I was very happy with the price after shopping around for the last few weeks.

We are booked there from BKK through Taipei to LAX on all 777-300 ER which was good to see (subject to aircraft change)

Return from LAX to Taipei on the 777-300ER and then a 747 to BKK.

I was guessinng their 777's would be more likely to have back seat TVs as they are newer planes but after looking at their website it says they only have 3 777-300ER's.................Looks like we will have to wait and see.

But it will be a good change to try a new airline and hopefully there will be a back seat TV.

• 3 weeks later...