WATCH: This video reveals one of the reasons why so many people die on Thailand's roads

webfact

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You can't expect people wearing a helmet and not using their phones..........only 22 years after the law was issued.

If fertility was dependent on a minimum brain capacity, the planet Earth would have been a lonely space:coffee1:

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

As someone who has never even ridden a motorcycle, I'm curious how it continues to move forward without a hand on the throttle.

.... good point - the throttle will close when she takes her hand off, but I think  that's why she puts her hand back on the throttle - to give it another twist to keep up the speed. 

Although the Honda Wave is a close relative of the SuperCub, which was designed by Mr Honda to be ridden one-handed by noodle deliveries boys - but he meant that the right hand should be on the bars to control throttle and brake, while the left hand carries the noodles.

I've tried riding one handed on my bike SuperCub - and I steer like a drunk circus bear, so I'm quite impressed with her skills, if not with her judgment.

You can't expect people wearing a helmet and not using their phones..........only 22 years after the law was issued.

Have you ever tried using a phone while wearing a helmet?

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Ive stopped even  carrying my phone with me now, rarely ever  look at it, sick of retards wandering round like zombies, they bump into you when walking, they block door ways, escalators, you name it.......tossers the lot  of em!

Nothing so urgent that cant wait.

With all due respect, let me say to you as politely as possible that nowadays it sounds like words and psychology of a nonagenarian ... at least :sorry:

(No...I'm joking)

6 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Have you ever tried using a phone while wearing a helmet?

It can be done in several ways:

(1) Advanced and costly - bluetooth

(2) Simple and cheap - handsfree

Not any excuse for not wearing a helmet when driving a motorbike, but a ocean of good reasons for doing so…:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

Non enforcement of driving laws is the Thai version of population control. Every time I go out driving in my pickup, I see stuff like this and wonder how amazing it is that I see such complete stupidity from an entire society.

7 minutes ago, ttrd said:

It can be done in several ways:

(1) Advanced and costly - bluetooth

(2) Simple and cheap - handsfree

Not any excuse for not wearing a helmet when driving a motorbike, but a ocean of good reasons for doing so…:coffee1:

She was hands free

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

This phenomena is not just a Thai issue, it's happening all over the world, especially with car drivers. It is absolute lunacy. 

what? helmet or phone 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cranky said:

She was hands free

It seems to have been a disconnetion somewhere so something was obviously free of connection…:whistling:

Darwin must be smiling somewhere as he is proved right every day. She could end up killing herself and the innocent child, but what about you and me waiting to cross the street heading to our favorite bar or restaurant........bye bye!

Edited by Mansell
Spelling wrong

This vdo shows a woman who is able to control her bike quite well.
For sure helmets are missing, that's right.
But i can't agree that bcoz of driving like her many people die on Thailand's roads.
I guess the dangerous weapons here are called Pickup truck, truck, mini-van, bus...
Handled by "drivers" without any feeling of responsibility for other road users who are not really able to control their king size cars.
If you did ever travel around Thailand on a big bike, you will know what I am talking about...

2 hours ago, wirat69 said:

At least she was driving same way as the traffic!!

And at least another Thai (who filmed it) could understand that this was dangerous and not done.

So it's a win-win situation here....

If you look in the side mirror you can see a huge vehicle behind the car filming. If she happened to survive the fall off the bike she and her child world certainly die from the other vehicles.

The worst part about this for me is I may run over one of these idiots one day and I have to live with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saigonsunset said:

Chapeu to the driver of the car who is filming all this going down the road with at least one hand not on the wheel and not paying attention to anything happening in front of him/her ... but well it is all worth it for a nice Facebook up-date.

Passenger is filming, not the driver

If asked, I doubt the woman would say she values her text conversation more than the life of her child.  She's just ignorant, and it seems that wherever one goes a person w/a cell phone exhibits all kinds of ignorance worldwide.  We can send a person to the moon but can't find a way to first educate people re: safe driving and second stopping such acts of child endangerment???  Really?!

• Like 1

the enforcement agencies must take blame for this madness. acts like this will be reduced if offenders are prosecuted.

7 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

If you look in the side mirror you can see a huge vehicle behind the car filming. If she happened to survive the fall off the bike she and her child world certainly die from the other vehicles.

The worst part about this for me is I may run over one of these idiots one day and I have to live with it.

well done sir, you have hit the nail on the head, unfortunately you cannot change them but you are right if she spilled her child in front of you, then you have to live with that and that is an extremely heavy burden to have to carry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fimo said:

"Shocking" for some westerners that like to see laws everywhere and for everything ?

Let's give thai people some freedom, they are adult. Why would you like to apply all our western laws to them ? Colonialism ?

I don't have a problem with that. The problem is that there is a lack of consequences for making such poor decisions (apart from death and disablement). No helmet? No problem....but you won't be covered by insurance in the case of an accident.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

I see them all the time in Bkk riding/driving whilst on the phone, not paying attention to anything or anyone,  extremely dangerous needless to say..??‍♂️

Whats wrong in these people’s head and why doesn’t the police stop them ?! I’m guessing there’s no money to be made out of the Thais ?! What about the rich Thais and there’s tons of them around showing off their cars and or their motorcycle not having a clue on how to drive/ride responsibly ! Lastly, regardless of the fines why doesn’t the police enforce their sort of traffic laws?! I keep wondering if they even have any laws that applies to Thai people ?

There's an easy give-away that a rich Thai is in a car and must therefore be left alone. They have blacked-out windows. Which are illegal but well, you know..... As for why the police don't enforce the law, they get paid anyway so why work.