Fugitive Yingluck breaks silence to thank fans on birthday

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“Happy birthday, my beloved sister. On your birthday this year, you come to live with me in a foreign country,”

She fled justice!

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“I will take care of you and make our lives overseas valuable and beneficial to our family

I'm sure....

17 hours ago, smutcakes said:

What is with Thailand and its obsession with celebrating birthdays?

At least where i am from after the age of about 13 no one cares about their birthday save for a few special ones. 21 50 etc.

Here they practically get the red carpet out for anyone of importances birthday, cabinet members go pay respect on so and so's birthday etc etc its quite bizarre.

When Thai society tires to copy western culture they go overboard...Like the way they celebrate valentine day..

I don't understand the obsession with the Shinawatras.  A member of the family is spotted in London, and a picture is featured on the front page of every newpaper, but are they really that important? 

Compare how often you see a picture of a Shiniwatra abroad with how often you see a picture of the Red Bull heir who is alleged to have killed a police officer in a hit and run accident.  Pictures of him abroad are rare in Thailand, while if a Shiniwatra merely goes shopping for groceries there is a front page picture. Yes, they were a powerful political family.  But do they really enjoy that much political power now?   

Is this intentional or just lazy reporting?  

Nice pic  Good looking lady.  Her birthday message should have been" My fellow Thais I see you are still struggling but as you can see with my surroundings I am not struggling. I am happy I got away from Thailand and you will never see me there again Oh I am so happy. I go from poor country to rich country and I live well because  I got my snout in pig trough big time as most politicians do in Thailand  Ok goodbye my poor people Don't worry I am happy"

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Lots of gifts seem to have got there. Seems the Junta are the only ones who don't know her address!

Silly - they received invitations, but there's an art to pretending you don't know anything at all.

They're very good at this.

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Happy first exile birthday Ms.Yingluck. We all miss you in Thailand.

Especially the warders of the prison she should be in and the relatives of the farmers driven to suicide by her greedy regime and the innocent children murdered by her supporters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Her birthday news make the headlines in most regional newspaper but not Prayut's UK visit. Ouch!!!!!!

Can you name which regional newspapers you checked and the % which has her birthday as headlines. Thanks

1 hour ago, Horace said:

I don't understand the obsession with the Shinawatras.  A member of the family is spotted in London, and a picture is featured on the front page of every newpaper, but are they really that important? 

Compare how often you see a picture of a Shiniwatra abroad with how often you see a picture of the Red Bull heir who is alleged to have killed a police officer in a hit and run accident.  Pictures of him abroad are rare in Thailand, while if a Shiniwatra merely goes shopping for groceries there is a front page picture. Yes, they were a powerful political family.  But do they really enjoy that much political power now?   

Is this intentional or just lazy reporting?  

Both families very very wealthy.

One family chooses to use some of that wealth on getting maximum media exposure in the hope that they can keep in the public eye and persuade people that their version of reality is real.

The other family chooses to use some of their wealth to ensure secrecy and protect a family heir from justice.

Multi billionaire families can do what they want. Money is the key. 

"My brother said I should make myself happy so that people who love me will have no concern for me."

Nauseating narcissism. Rather sad that they are so self centered that she probably does think that the people her family have milked and screwed for years really do love them.

Just now, Samui Bodoh said:

Why not let her and her brother run in a free and fair election to see if the people actually do love her?

I know who I would bet on...

You do know gambling is illegal in Thailand?

But yes there should be free and fair elections. Just like there should be a robust unbiased justice system.

And convicted criminals can't run and election.

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Yah sure, how is always home. Especially when you are in the power house, the happiness is different. Officials queuing up, state sponsored trips, state sponsored parties,  home,  maids , servants, drivers, holidays, 

They had quite happy and comfortable life here, now everything costs in pounds. Anyway once elections are over, they might return.

I don't think that Yingluck or Thaksin are worried about the costs. Neither of them are short of a few quid.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, idman said:

I love seeing those photos of Father and daughter sharing her birthday.  Yes, she is his daughter but that will never be revealed.  Yingluck at 51 looks gorgeous and very bang...able.

Do you really believe that?

How do you this and where is the proof?

Thaksin Shinawatra  Born: July 26, 1949 (age 68 years), San Kamphaeng District

19 hours ago, smutcakes said:

What is with Thailand and its obsession with celebrating birthdays?

At least where i am from after the age of about 13 no one cares about their birthday save for a few special ones. 21 50 etc.

Here they practically get the red carpet out for anyone of importances birthday, cabinet members go pay respect on so and so's birthday etc etc its quite bizarre.

Just a different culture... you have been here long enough. I can bring up some things i find crazy about your culture compared to mine. I find this a minor thing the birth day stuff, anyway let YL have a good birthday seems she unlike her brother really wants to stay out of politics.

45 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you name which regional newspapers you checked and the % which has her birthday as headlines. Thanks

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30348317

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/06/21/fugitive-yingluck-breaks-silence-to-thank-fans-on-birthday/

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/former-thai-pm-yingluck-shinawatra-breaks-silence-months-after-fleeing-country

That is Thailand and Singapore for you.

I am not permitted to quote anything from the Bangkok Post other than its name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So I am right. You really don’t know nor read regional newspaper. However since I am in a generous mood, I will provide some clues. Try reading Star, New Straits Times, NST and Channelnewsasia for starters and report back to me. You hear. 

Your're rarely right Eric. But you might like to ponder why Reuters in Bangkok always seem to present the Shins in a favorable light, even at the expense of factual reality. And why media choose to run with the stories.

Let me give you a clue ................... lobbyists, publicists, money.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Amazing what you can do if you have billions and can spend money isn't it.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

The PTP is running scared at the moment, i read a lot about MP's defecting. If this really comes to pass (and most people are locked to MP's not to political parties) it would be hard blow for them. It would be a junta win.

I am looking at this as a fight between two devils no matter who wins it bad. Maybe future forward will take a lot of votes that would be something (not holding my breath). 

New parties are the way to go. 

As for YL, im sure she is cured of politics being a puppet brought her nothing but harm. She took a lot of grief to help her brother thankfully the amnesty never got through. What a scam party.. for the people.. but sacrificing all those in jail for minor political problems just to get Thaksin free shows who is important to her and who is not.

Words of wisdom and reality Rob - thank you.

Those of us who've been here a fair time appreciate how things work differently. 

Just hope the new parties have the courage and fortitude that will be required.

40 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Amazing what you can do if you have billions and can spend money isn't it.

Just think what you can do when you have coup, make yourself the Supreme Being and have countless billions of other people money tp play with.

Why you could even scrap the counties constitution, have another written to your own specification, bring in your own special law and even postpone elections for years.

• Like 2