Video: Easier than going to a shoe shop! Thai's steal tourist's shoes at Wat Doi Suthep

webfact

On 6/22/2018 at 12:06 AM, CanuckThai said:

Lol, my wife and I stopped into a Wat in Udon on our way back home from a friends family celebration.  I saw a "local" test driving a sharp pair of black Allen Edmonds wingtips, in front of the stairs of the temple....  I looked him in the eye, he tilted his head back, smiled a little smile, took the shoes off, delivered them to where I was standing and gently laid them at my feet.  My wife quietly gave the "local" a piece of her mind....

Out of the 13 different smiles here--what # did he offer up--the ooops Ive been busted "smile"?

On 6/21/2018 at 9:32 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I was going to say soulless but that wouldn't be befitting.

Just goes to show how low they can go, I remember having on my 6,500 baht sport shoes when visiting a temple, and I was hesitant to leave them on the shoe rack, fortunately for me, I grabbed a plastic bag and put them in that, taking them with me.

This just confirms to me what is possible.

Low life's !!!

the right word here is not soulless but soleless

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 8:27 AM, Expatthailover said:

Thais have an exemplary reputation in my experience. Then again I am well mannered and respect the citizens of the country that kindly allow me to reside there.

More thieves in england and us than there are in thailand. Of course as in every tourist destination there will be chancers. No different in bali, hong kong, london, cancun etc etc...should you be willing to open your eyes and ears. Big ask for many who have already made up their minds 

Never once been burgled in thailand nor have wife's family. Never been shortchanged. Safer to walk the streets.

I suspect the point was meant to be that the gov't spends so much time claiming that foreigners/tourists are doing things to give Thailand a bad name, when Thais are perfectly capable of that on their own... only that fact is usually conveniently ignored.

• Like 1