Petchaburi Brit tops the overstay list in latest crackdown on foreign criminals

webfact

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Me mischievious, shocked  i am.:cheesy:

The member expatthailover who that comment was aimed at is aware of what my situation was at the time,.but has been very quiet since he posted that anybody 10 days or 10 years over stay should be deported.

fair enough...I wasn't aware of your history with him ?

Edited by mgthom63
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi I was thinking the same many currencies have taking a hiding lately and I suspect many OAP can not meet the requirements to stay here and Possibly no home to go to Rather sad really. 

67 posts.

Wow-big deal.So an elderly British chap was caught on overstay was he?

I near wet me kimbies..

Please PM me if you near wet your kimbies too..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dddave said:

Not particularly publicized but village officials are frequently questioned by police and local provincially based Immigration officers about details of foreigners residing in their villages. 

No place is entirely off the radar.

In the village of my GF ( won't say where ) I have never seen a policeman, let alone an immigration official. Sometimes a few of the villagers put on vests to look official when outsiders roll in for shows. The Poo Yai settles all village disputes.

I doubt very much Immigration would get off their backsides to visit villages like this. Closer to major cities, maybe.

Just stay away from

"THE SAFETY ZONES" 

On Sukhumvit between Nana and Prom Phong, these guys need money for IPhone for their wife and mistresses. 

Edited by RT555

44 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

"..and he was arrested went to the Bangkok Hilton and was deported."

What on earth caused him to be at Bang Kwang mens' prison? Had he been convicted of a serious crime?

Normally they end up at the Immigration Detention Centre  on Suan Plu,  South Sathon, Bangkok.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Not defending the over stayer, but we do not know the reasons why he over stayed. For all we know he could be senile and did not realize visa was up .

Another interesting fact to note , if you notice it’s tourist police who are doing all the raids , not immigration, not RTP.

is there a rift at the top levels ? Or why is the agency doing the job of others? 

Their job is to assist tourists, instead they raiding hotels, raiding businesses, raiding schools etc.

Mr. Big Choke is more ambitious than his colleagues at RTP and Immigration.

He should change to the Trafic Police Departement.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Wind yer neck in. As I was saying "let's see who's dumb enough..."

The clue was in "spell it out"

traveller

colonise

offence

are British spellings.

So allow me to spell it out for you:

(a) I'm British

(b) It was a wind up

But somebody suggested you were from the Kongo.  Your avatar, you know...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

What on earth caused him to be at Bang Kwang mens' prison? Had he been convicted of a serious crime?

Normally they end up at the Immigration Detention Centre  on Suan Plu,  South Sathon, Bangkok.

Maybe it's full ??????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

One guy overstayed his visa , rather stupid to suggest that this is "typical behavior" , because for it to be typical , the majority would have to be doing it (But even that comment, was sensible, when compared to you "colonise" suggestion

He is probably a septic, so I just ignore posts such as his.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Oh come on ,   there is more to Thailand than, bar girls, booze and massage parlours,  isn't there ? :giggle:

In fact, I haven't been to a legit bar in quite a long time, I just found the place really run down in most areas, and lacking much to do at all. 

If you live in Thailand at a permanent residence, have a marriage, retirement or another type of one year visa and happen to go for a short trip & stay in a hotel, I don't really get the point of having to go to your local immigration on return to report you've arrived back home ???

Maybe I'm missing something?

6 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

A very short overstay indeed. An old friend, alas long passed away, did 20 years over, and all it took was 1 night in jail, a court appearance and 20,000Bht fine, and off he went back to U.S.

Sounds good to me..

All the outraged fulminations sound cheap,vacuous and completely asinine..I award them all a free (but stale) lamington-which is all they deserve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep....Thailand can't even solve a bombing because half their security cameras don't work, but they can sure as hell crack down on those nasty miscreants that hang around and spend money in their developing backwater. Yes, indeed. the BIB are mopping up crime like the janitors they are qualified to be. Utopia is just around the corner.