Hello guys,

Thanks for everyone's help with my previous enquiries, if its ok I have a couple more questions ?

1. I'm about to transfer the required 800,000 baht into my account at Bangkok bank this morning to save the small hassle of proving income. In your esteemed opinions will my money be safe and if things went tits so to speak would you foresee any problems in transferring it back into my UK account either online or in person at the bank (less the charges of course) ?

2. I intend travelling to Thailand at the end of July and I will be applying for a 60 day tourist visa before I go. Once I arrive should I wait another month or so to let the seasoning process of the money be completed BEFORE starting the retirement process or can I start this straight away ?

3. If I have the 60 tourist visa as opposed the 30 is it the same form I need to convert this to 90 day and then for the yearly ie TM87 ?

Thanks in advance chaps. I appreciate.

K.

1. Not sure what hassle there is in getting the income letter from the UK embassy is. You can apply for it by post or email.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Your funds would be safe.

Not easy to transfer it out of the country but it can be done.

2. You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry shortly after you arrive if the 800k baht is already in the bank. The 800k baht does not     have to be in the bank for 60 days until you apply for the extension of stay.

3. If you have a tourist visa entry you use a TM86 change of visa status form.

Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I heard that there is some weird "proof of source of funds" when you transfer from Thailand to another country.

Not sure though if true.

The source of funds in this case would be proof it was transferred from abroad.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Not sure what hassle there is in getting the income letter from the UK embassy is. You can apply for it by post or email.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Your funds would be safe.

Not easy to transfer it out of the country but it can be done.

2. You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry shortly after you arrive if the 800k baht is already in the bank. The 800k baht does not     have to be in the bank for 60 days until you apply for the extension of stay.

3. If you have a tourist visa entry you use a TM86 change of visa status form.

Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Thanks Joe

4 hours ago, Kevinnyali said:

2. I intend travelling to Thailand at the end of July and I will be applying for a 60 day tourist visa before I go. Once I arrive should I wait another month or so to let the seasoning process of the money be completed BEFORE starting the retirement process or can I start this straight away ?

This depends on which immigration office you use.  By law/regulation, no seasoning is necessary for the Non-O stamp.  The main-office in Bangkok, Chang Wattana, will allow you to do everything "by the book." 

But, some other offices (Jomtien/Pattaya, for example), will impose a non-required seasoning requirement and other potential obstacles, unless you use an agent.  An agent will charge many-times the actual stamp+extension costs, passing some of this along, so that their invented "agent-encouragement" rules, and some real-rules, become optional.  You don't even need to meet the monetary requirements for your extension, with an agent's "help."

A couple other troublesome office reports:

Chaiyaphum:

Kanchaburi:

Chang Mai is reported to require "appointments" far in advance - and longer than whatever permission-of-stay you have will allow (again, unless using an "agent" workaround).

Edited by JackThompson

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

This depends on which immigration office you use.  By law/regulation, no seasoning is necessary for the Non-O stamp.  The main-office in Bangkok, Chang Wattana, will allow you to do everything "by the book." 

But, some other offices (Jomtien/Pattaya, for example), will impose a non-required seasoning requirement and other potential obstacles, unless you use an agent.  An agent will charge many-times the actual stamp+extension costs, passing some of this along, so that their invented "agent-encouragement" rules, and some real-rules, become optional.  You don't even need to meet the monetary requirements for your extension, with an agent's "help."

A couple other troublesome office reports:

Chaiyaphum:

Kanchaburi:

Chang Mai is reported to require "appointments" far in advance - and longer than whatever permission-of-stay you have will allow (again, unless using an "agent" workaround).

Many thanks sir

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
The source of funds in this case would be proof it was transferred from abroad.

Must this be transferred in non THB I.e. USD or GBP etc or is transferring in THB ok? I.e. using companies like transferwise

You can transfer it into the country as any currency. It could be transferred into a foreign currency account and still be considered as being from abroad.

As far as I know transferwise will show as a domestic transfer from a Thai bank which would not qualify as a international transfer.