Troll Post Opens Flood Of Rape Threats Against Activist

webfact

Troll Post Opens Flood Of Rape Threats Against Activist

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%

An undated photo of Nuttaa "Bow" Mahattana in front of BTS Siam in Bangkok.

BANGKOK —  Hundreds of netizens are calling for a famous pro-democracy activist to be raped because she allegedly said she would not support death penalty for rapists.

Nuttaa “Bow” Mahattana, the target of the threats, said Friday that she’s the victim of a social media hoax as she has never said such a thing. But that has not stopped pro-junta Facebook pages from spreading the claim. Nuttaa said emotions are running high after debate over the death penalty resurfaced following Thailand’s first execution in nine years earlier this week.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/06/22/troll-post-opens-flood-of-rape-threats-against-activist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-22

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Have I got this right : People in support of the death penalty for rapists are encouraging people rape a woman,because She disagrees with the death penalty for rapists ?

..Exactimondo...  the Thai way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Hundreds of netizens are calling for a famous pro-democracy activist to be raped because she allegedly said she would not support death penalty for rapists.

Netizens have more than their fair share of filth it seems

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Have I got this right : People in support of the death penalty for rapists are encouraging people rape a woman,because She disagrees with the death penalty for rapists ?

Yes very weird huh.

Sort of a form of suicide.

• Haha 1

Just now, InfinityandBeyond said:

Would be an interesting social experiment if ALL social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram and others I have never heard of) went dark worldwide for 3 or 4 days. I am really curious as to what would happen? 

What about forums?

Have to go back to reading books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It would be quite funny if someone did carry out what they are suggesting and all the people who encouraged the act got charged with being an accessory to rape and they did change the law to give rapists the death sentence and all the people in favor of a death sentence for rapists , got the death sentence for being an accessory to rape

Funny except for the girl being raped.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Funny except for the girl being raped.

I didnt mean funny as in ha-ha .

I mean funny as in ironic , absurd or just weird .

300 people campaging for a death sentence and they all got arrested and charged and the Judge agreed and gave them all the death sentence 

2 minutes ago, balo said:
20 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:
Would be an interesting social experiment if ALL social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram and others I have never heard of) went dark worldwide for 3 or 4 days. I am really curious as to what would happen? 

It would get quiet and we could get on with our normal lives, sometimes I wish I could go back to the 80's.

True.It would be interesting,would it not?

Better till-back to the days of quill pens as you either thought about what you had to say or you kinda screwed up and expensive ink and paper were wasted..

Depends what you might think of as communication.None of this is,really.

Here one moment and gone the next.

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I didnt mean funny as in ha-ha .

I mean funny as in ironic , absurd or just weird .

300 people campaging for a death sentence and they all got arrested and charged and the Judge agreed and gave them all the death sentence 

Ironic yes. Never bothered with facebook. Very narcissistic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, balo said:
42 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

It would get quiet and we could get on with our normal lives, sometimes I wish I could go back to the 80's.

80s was the best. No pc. Proper dummy spits from sportsmen. No nanny state.

Modern era is so boring.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Whether you support the death penalty or not does not give you the right to stop those expressing opposing views. This is one of the few times when the Computer Crimes Act may actually have value, ie. to file charges against those threatening Nuttaa  with inciting illegal acts or whatever fits and would stick. Sick, sick individuals.  

2 days after saying those things they would have forgotten and moved on to the next thing. 

2 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Baby boom nine months later.

• Haha 2