Got into a accident, what should I do?

Saklo

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Although you got away with this one, if happens again, pay the people that paint the car direct; don't give the money to the car owner. Sounds like he was scamming if his "friends" paint shop was costing more than a different place. He might have been sharing the expected proceeds with them.

Bad advice.

The repair shop is not involved, and the owner of the car is in no way obliged to repair the damage.

4 hours ago, Mattd said:

There is no disputing that the OP did accidentally hit the car with his push bike, however, I do have an issue with your last statement, as put very simply the car should not have been where it was, the owner has no driving license, so by default has no insurance, meaning he cannot put that car on a road.

What would have happened if the roles were reversed and the car driver hit the cyclist, ruining the bike and injuring the cyclist, would the uninsured driver have paid up because it was morally right????

" the owner has no driving license, so by default has no insurance,"

Not true.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

" the owner has no driving license, so by default has no insurance,"

Not true.

Depends on the circumstances and the insurance company, most of the time they will not pay out in the case of an accident if the driver is unlicensed, all will have this stipulated in the small print and insurance companies are not known for their generosity when it comes to paying out.

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Bad advice.

The repair shop is not involved, and the owner of the car is in no way obliged to repair the damage.

I know exactly what i would have done, told the owner that the car is going to xxx for repair, if not then no compensation.

Try telling your insurance company that you want the cash but the car not repaired.

42 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Depends on the circumstances and the insurance company, most of the time they will not pay out in the case of an accident if the driver is unlicensed, all will have this stipulated in the small print and insurance companies are not known for their generosity when it comes to paying out.

I know exactly what i would have done, told the owner that the car is going to xxx for repair, if not then no compensation.

Try telling your insurance company that you want the cash but the car not repaired.

Porobor, the compulsory insurance , will always pay, license or not.

Your comment " the owner has no driving license, so by default has no insurance, " is simply not true.

Edited by stevenl

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Porobor, the compulsory insurance , will always pay, license or not.

Your comment " the owner has no driving license, so by default has no insurance, " is simply not true.

They will payout from 30,000 to a maximum of 80,000 THB for injury only and you are making the assumption that the owner had the CTPL, which may or may not be the case.

Again, my point was that the car had no business to be on the road, unlicensed drivers do not belong on public roads, end of story.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:16 PM, Saklo said:

just wearing normal Jacket and yeah lycra shorts haha, i also wear Helmet  all times.

Again since i return to Thailand with my parents i never had a accident.

What i always fear is when Motorbikes come from the opposite directions and they drive like idiots.

Last Night at highway (Khon kaen University) at 2 AM(its when i go out and bike a bit like 30 km), a stupid taxi came the opposite way  just to get to a Hotel.

A bit Crazy here lol

My  Bike(Optima MOSTRO 6870  in Red)is quiet exotic haha, i think you would know even if you don't know anything  about bike that's is expensive.

Paid 119000 Baht  (Got it 2 months ago) + Upgrade.

BTW he called me and said it will cost 6000 - 8000 Baht. Its that a lot or normal in Khon Kaen?

It will take him to do it in 2-3 Days. Its quiet slow right?

Should i ask him for a bill? Or will he be offended? I heard something like thai People don't like to loose face :).

I told my Dad (not my Mom, dont ask me why....), and he said to pay and learn from it.

I think if i told my mom what happend she would tell him to go to hell ?

He didn't ask me for any ID, just my Phone number.

Sim into bin and forget it. He's conning you.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Sorry, but in this instance with a totally illegal car and driver on the road, all claims are null and void. If someone tried to pull that sh!t with me... and opined that my mum was a hooker, I'd happily call the cops... after calling my insurance company first.

Correct.