Thaksin points out why some former MPs are leaving Pheu Thai

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

The good General is correct. When he does it or members of his clique, it is not corruption by his definition. When his enemies do it, it is corruption. So he has stamped out corruption by his definition.

You are probably right, odd as it may seem to us Westerners. All entitled. Thaksin probably believes by his definitions he's never done anything wrong - the lying, thieving, cheating, all ok because he got elected; and others did it before and weren't punished. Entitled. The Junta see corruption as something others do only.

It reminds me of some organizations I've worked for in which the senior managers were caught lying to the workforce, awarding themselves bonuses and generous salary packages, cars etc all whilst pleading poverty to the workforce, screwing them for every penny and lying or being very economical with the truth. None were ever repentant - some saw the skill in getting into a position to act like that and it was their entitlement. Much the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bannork said:

It should be pointed out an MP in Thailand need a lot of cash. Funerals and weddings of constituents must be attended with the obligatory white envelope. Then there are the canvassers, village heads, locals, all need cash for various activities.

An MP cannot really be poor in Thailand.

Not to mention that some MPs want to have their own airlines, or a fleet of pink luxury cars, I could go on but we've all heard it before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

But surely you believe, as doubtless do millions of members of the Thai electorate, what the good General has been telling us about his determination to stamp out corruption?

I can answer that question/assertion in one word. Prawit.

• Like 2

I see this as a positive really, that Prayuth and his merr men are now paying pollies to jump ship shows they do not consider their electoral position sound.

And if that isn't sound, they fear the firing squad. And that's before a certain somebody shows his hand.

Goody goody gumdrops... it's going to be a fine show.

• Like 1