Change of Address procedures etc

My friend has an O visa , renewed, and is retired staying in Phuket. He now tell me he wants to move to live in Bangkok soon. Which form does he need to provide to Thai immigration after moving to Bangkok?

Apart from the form does he need to show any supporting documents to Immigration apart from his passport?

Does he need to go to Cheungwattana to do the change of address or is there a more centrally located office where he can submit the form in Bangkok? 

Can I take the form and his passport on his behalf to do the address change as my friend has mobility problems?

Thanks.

He would need to submit a TM28 form. He would need something to prove his address such as a rental agreement.

At Bangkok immigration he could do the change address when his first 90 day report is due.

The only office he can use is Chaeng Wattana immigration.

You could do the reports for him is you had his written permission to it and some proof he is unable to travel to it himself.

Although not CW, but I find my IO very amenable when it comes to dealing with expats with mobility issues.

They do insist on the applicant being present for a 'change of address' or 'extension' procedure, but they allow anyone to do their 90 day reports without any POA or written letter of authority, as long as they have seen the applicant and have his details on record.

Yes well I accompanied my friend to CW immigration yesterday. It was decided he would go in person with my assistance as he uses a walker and is currently in severe pain despite taking pain killer medication. He had the form 28 together with evidence of his new address. We were sent to the 90 day report section.

After waiting almost 2 hours our number was called. When the purpose of our visit was known we were directed to a side cubicle.

My friend was then the victim of a very strong tirade about why he has not filled in form 30 together with another form and he was in effect cross examined about why the Landlord had not accompanied him.

It was quite distressing to see my friend treated in such a manner.

He was also scolded for not bringing a photocopy of his passport.

As it happened my friend is staying in a serviced apartment of a hotel group under a 1 year contract.

I would warn anyone changing address in BKK to heed the above as it was an unpleasant experience.

• 6 months later...

I am about to move to a rented condominium in Bangkok.  I shall sign the 12-month contract on Saturday and move in immediately.  My current address is in Nonthaburi.  I have planned to go to Immigration in Bangkok on the following Monday, after reporting my residence there to the Juristic Person's office at the condo.  I shall take with me copies of my passport, my visa, and the rental agreement, and complete a form TM28 as required.  

After reading the above I am confused by this business of another form, TM30, which I had thought was the responsibility of the condo office to submit.  My landlord will be the private owner of the apartment.  Does he have to do it?  It would be quite impossible to expect him to spend a whole business day to accompany me to Immigration!

Please can someone tell me what I must do to comply with the law and be spared the kind of abuse which I see reported above?