White Fortuners Tailgating

ricklev

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Even more annoying is the idiots in the fast lane doing 30 and don't even start me on why they don't use indicators  ?

maybe they've given up on Blinkers;

after spending small fortune on the fault they only work for half the time?

• Haha 2

Every time I get cut up, tailgated or witness a traffic infringement it is not by some white fortuner, but usually by some idiot sporting a fish motif on the rear of their car is this some sort of award given to idiot drivers or some dark secretive sect?

12 hours ago, moe666 said:

rick I guess you will be stayin in Bangkok since it is so dangerous to ride here

Cool!  A deviation from the "go back to your home country" theme. 

Maybe now more cranks will just tell people to stay away from friendly CM. 

• Like 1

In all fairness to the OP I think he is partially correct in his observations, 4tuna and Hillux drivers can often appear entitled and pushy on the roads, even ones that are painted colours other than black or white. I drive a black Vigo 4 door and I know I often get frustrated sat behind a little old lady/man in the fast lane who is crawling along way below the speed limit - Teanna driving old ladies with bouffant hairdo's are my pet peeve. And on those occasions that somebody tries to intimidate me by driving far too close to my rear bumper, I'm not against testing their braking abilities which is usually very effective but can be risky - in those scenarios it's likely to be almost any kind of vehicle and not just another Vigo or a 4tuna. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amexpat said:

I know the feeling but it is very risky and pointless.

People who tailgate at highway speed are not the type to learn quickly - or at all. 

Indeed, although occasionally that momentary look of, oh sh*t on the drivers face make it seem worthwhile.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Even more annoying is the idiots in the fast lane doing 30 and don't even start me on why they don't use indicators  ?

555 - around here they mostly use indicators - only not necessarily the correct one!

They don't seem to know the difference between right and left!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

And on those occasions that somebody tries to intimidate me by driving far too close to my rear bumper, I'm not against testing their braking abilities which is usually very effective but can be risky

The intimidation is in your head.

Why would you put yourself and those riding with you - as well as other road users - at risk by pulling such a bonehead maneuver ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

The intimidation is in your head.

Why would you put yourself and those riding with you - as well as other road users - at risk by pulling such a bonehead maneuver ?

The intimidation is absolutely NOT in his head. It’s very real and can be witnessed all too often. When it’s done to me I put my hazard lights on, it usually works and the idiot pulls back. An alternative is to just slow down until they get pissed off and undertake 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

A Thai friend suggested not using indicators because if they know what you want to do they will just try to block you.

An interesting idea. However, I don't think  it orginated from a Thai.

I have a black Vigo with oversize tires and 3 inch lift.  My wife has a modest white Honda City.  When I drive my truck around, traffic yields to me and avoids me, like Moses parting the Red Sea.  When I drive my wife's car, other traffic seems to not even notice I'm there.  They will pull in front of me, tailgate, cut me off, etc...  Things they would never do if I were in my truck.  I find it both interesting and funny, but I have real issues to deal with so I don't let it bother me.

I hate all tailgaters equally in thailand....I don't want to give Thai apologists a say that I discriminate against Thais....

where is the remark that tailgating happens globally?

But never add that the frequency is off the charts here...hence why this a sore point and the most serious driving problem in thailand!