Withdrawing cash from bank with credit card?

sammym

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

Ah, that sounds like a personal problem. Too bad you couldn't trust your old man enough to give the money to get through the weekend. 

I have two cards and so does my wife, so we would have to lose all four before we were out of money.

Now you are making it up. I never said he didn't have enough money, or that I didn't give him any. The weekend was ruined because he was so upset at having the card seized he didn't want to do anything. He was elderly then and a bit fragile. By the time he got the card back on Monday, it was time for him to leave, so we never got to do anything.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Now you are making it up. I never said he didn't have enough money, or that I didn't give him any. The weekend was ruined because he was so upset at having the card seized he didn't want to do anything. He was elderly then and a bit fragile. By the time he got the card back on Monday, it was time for him to leave, so we never got to do anything.

Well, that is a different situation. Too bad he was so fragile that the loss of a card ruined his entire trip. Age does create problems which would not exist before.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

By the time he got the card back on Monday, it was time for him to leave, so we never got to do anything.

If it was a card issued by a foreign bank, or even a competing Thai bank, he was very fortunate to get it back.

I found out the hard way that local banks often wont return a card from another institution because it may have been seized on order from the issuing bank and there is no way for them to find out the reason.

Even though I cleared the issue with my home bank, there was no protocol in place for them to request the Thai bank to return my card.