PM under pressure in Paris

webfact

8 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I shudder to think that Thailand wants to become 'a genuine aviation hub'.

Scary thought ?

Airbus have sold/will sell a large number of airplanes in this part of the world.

They want to establish a maintenance base in this part of the world to carry out the very lucrative maintenance on these airplanes.

Such a maintenance base requires a gurt big runway, which is nowhere near capacity, and lots of space around it for big sheds and parking airplanes on.

Oh look, there's U Tapao airfield...

The main Thai input will be the big sign at the entrance. They might do the laundry as well...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, connda said:

Not really.  The City of London and the Atlanticists ala Macron are simply giving the junta it's economic marching orders.  They of course will pay lip service to democracy, as they must, but at the end of the day if there is profit to be made then the UK and France will support any form of government as long as there are promises of democratic change sometime in the future.  Whether it happens or not is irrelevant if the economic hooks have been set and wealth and resources are siphoned off out of the country.

So, the "politicians" that are representing the UK & France on the political front are really just representing their true bosses the large corporations that "run" the country & the government, yep, I can agree with that ? 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 7:19 PM, zaphod reborn said:

And Trump is not the legitimate leader of the U.S.  Tough.  We are stuck with them.

Yeah but one big difference to be sure.

Fatuous self-serving people voted for the Big Orange knowing and hoping he would dismantle democracy.

prayut voted himself into leadership at gunpoint.

However, you're correct, we're stuck with them both until enough people wake up to what has happened. I'm personally not holding my breath waiting for that.

• Like 1

Search the headlines in either country.  Nothing.  This twit and his penny begging culture falls on deaf ears.  He's there to feel a quota that's it.  Nobody in the UK takes him or his politics seriously.  He's a thief and a beggar.